Jump to topic:

The dangers of denominations

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 10:43:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am a christian who sides with no denomination. Why? Because it does no good for our faith as christians. I think we should focus on Jesus, not on the teachings of doctrines passed down for generations. What is Jesus saying to us now?

I see several problems with certain sects. For example, messianic Judaism is a denomination seeking to divide Jews and gentiles. 1. It's not the same as biblical Judaism. The skull caps or kippah are pagan in origin.Many of the teachings of the Talmud, Midrash, etc come from the rabbis, not from Jesus or Yeshua himself. The only reason rabbis or synagogueswere made was because of the lack of the Temple and a spiritual connection with God through the prophets. The Zohar, Kaballah, etc (as I looked at the history behind it) are breaking the Torah. 2. Divisions between Jew and gentile. I see thatseveral messi anics claim to accept gentiles in the community, but when it comes to Torah observance, gentiles are either forbidden to do so or advised not to. 3.messianics still follow the Torah and neglect Yeshua (Jesus). Paul said that the Torah was our schoolmaster until the coming of the messiah and many other passages demonstrate how the messiah did away with the obligations of the old covenant. 3.messianics have a a hate for Pauline or "gentile Christianity " as some dislike the terms and customs of the church. I agree, festivals such as Christmas, Halloween, easter, etc are pagan andso I d on'tcele brate them, but it doesn't mean that all of Christianityis pagan . I simply put my faith in the messiah though I appreciate the Jewish people, Israel, and the Hebrewlang uag .

There are many teachings of my church (the one I grew up in) which I found to be false. Replacement theology is one of them. While the Torah is obsolete now, God's promises for Israel still apply but not in the way that we think.

I been among a oneness pentecostal church for years and I can honestly say, it is false. They clearly deny the Trinity when it's a biblical teaching. Moreover, anyone who doesn'tbelo ng to their sect shall go to hell which goes against faith in Jesus.

We should stop creating a wall between other christians in calling ourselves "Baptists, calvinists, evangelicals, pentecostals, messianic, etc" and simply follow Christ.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 5:16:34 PM
At 7/7/2014 10:43:41 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I am a christian who sides with no denomination. Why? Because it does no good for our faith as christians. I think we should focus on Jesus, not on the teachings of doctrines passed down for generations. What is Jesus saying to us now?

I see several problems with certain sects. For example, messianic Judaism is a denomination seeking to divide Jews and gentiles. 1. It's not the same as biblical Judaism. The skull caps or kippah are pagan in origin.Many of the teachings of the Talmud, Midrash, etc come from the rabbis, not from Jesus or Yeshua himself. The only reason rabbis or synagogueswere made was because of the lack of the Temple and a spiritual connection with God through the prophets. The Zohar, Kaballah, etc (as I looked at the history behind it) are breaking the Torah. 2. Divisions between Jew and gentile. I see thatseveral messi anics claim to accept gentiles in the community, but when it comes to Torah observance, gentiles are either forbidden to do so or advised not to. 3.messianics still follow the Torah and neglect Yeshua (Jesus). Paul said that the Torah was our schoolmaster until the coming of the messiah and many other passages demonstrate how the messiah did away with the obligations of the old covenant. 3.messianics have a a hate for Pauline or "gentile Christianity " as some dislike the terms and customs of the church. I agree, festivals such as Christmas, Halloween, easter, etc are pagan andso I d on'tcele brate them, but it doesn't mean that all of Christianityis pagan . I simply put my faith in the messiah though I appreciate the Jewish people, Israel, and the Hebrewlang uag .

There are many teachings of my church (the one I grew up in) which I found to be false. Replacement theology is one of them. While the Torah is obsolete now, God's promises for Israel still apply but not in the way that we think.

I been among a oneness pentecostal church for years and I can honestly say, it is false. They clearly deny the Trinity when it's a biblical teaching. Moreover, anyone who doesn'tbelo ng to their sect shall go to hell which goes against faith in Jesus.

We should stop creating a wall between other christians in calling ourselves "Baptists, calvinists, evangelicals, pentecostals, messianic, etc" and simply follow Christ.

So basically what you're saying is:
"Hey guys, you need to stop fighting over the details. X, Y, and Z beliefs are wrong. Let us fight over the details no more!"
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 5:25:49 PM
At 7/7/2014 5:16:34 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

So basically what you're saying is:
"Hey guys, you need to stop fighting over the details. X, Y, and Z beliefs are wrong. Let us fight over the details no more!"

Not exactly..i'm saying that we should focus on knowing the truth through Jesus and if it can't be down flat out then at least set aside our differences and focus on living a godly life...
Toviyah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 5:32:04 PM

While I agree with you that an ecumenical church/no denominations might be the ideal, I don't think that it should be the reality. Often, I've found that certain denominations are simply better suited to some, and they find it easier to follow services, act in a moral way, praise God etc. In other words, they did it easier to be 'Christian' that way.
Macrya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 7:21:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

Hey, I agree with you.
There is just something I am confused about.
Of course the Torah can not give us righteousness, but only Christ. But do you believe we should still do the Torah (mainly Sabbath and not eating 'unclean' foods)?
I get so much from each sides and am finding it hard to correctly interpret the scriptures with so many different doctrines being given to me, what do you believe about this?