Jump to topic:

Atheism is devoid of benefits

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 6:53:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Atheists are more likely to be depressed: conservapedia.org/atheism_and_depression.

Is it possible natural selection is biased against atheists?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 6:55:02 PM
At 7/8/2014 6:53:27 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Atheists are more likely to be depressed: conservapedia.org/atheism_and_depression.

Poor goo, he just keeps trying to convince himself.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 6:58:45 PM
At 7/8/2014 6:55:02 PM, bulproof wrote:

Poor goo, he just keeps trying to convince himself.

I will pray for you.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 7:14:31 PM

Why do you keep posting these retarded flame baiting topics which I am willing to bet even you don't agree with the contents of.

You are bulproof are just as bad as each other.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:04:27 PM
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality of happiness, and by no means a necessity of life." - Geroge Bernard Shaw
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 10:30:57 PM
At 7/8/2014 6:58:45 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I will pray for you.
I was given to believe clowns like you preach that your god gets things right first time every time?

Now we discover yet again that you don't believe that and expose your god as a fallible fool because you want to pray for it to undo what it did and replace it with something else?

Thank you for again proving your god is a fallible fool!

Thank you for proving yet again YOU are one of its doubters!

Next!
heisnotrisen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 11:04:56 PM
At 7/8/2014 8:23:25 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
And who cares if Atheism isn't beneficial? It only matters whether it is true or not...

Atheism is neither true nor false.

Atheism is a rejection of theists claims due to insufficient evidence.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 1:17:01 AM
At 7/8/2014 11:04:56 PM, heisnotrisen wrote:
At 7/8/2014 8:23:25 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
And who cares if Atheism isn't beneficial? It only matters whether it is true or not...

Atheism is neither true nor false.

Atheism is a rejection of theists claims due to insufficient evidence.

It all depends on which form of Atheism you are talking about. You seem to be advocating Weak Atheism, which means that you simply don't hold to the positive belief that God exists. Strong Atheism is different, that means that you hold the positive belief that God doesn't exist. Weak Atheism is just Agnostism, because you both:

(1) Don't believe God exists
and
(2) Don't believe that God doesn't exist
Drayson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 5:35:18 PM
Oh, well if Conservapedia says so, I can't really argue about it. Right, I'd better work on being depressed now....hmmm. How does one do that?
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
Praesentya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 6:01:21 PM
At 7/9/2014 5:35:18 PM, Drayson wrote:
Oh, well if Conservapedia says so, I can't really argue about it. Right, I'd better work on being depressed now....hmmm. How does one do that?

10 Hail Mary's?
HPWKA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 6:28:39 PM
At 7/8/2014 9:04:27 PM, muzebreak wrote:
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality of happiness, and by no means a necessity of life." - Geroge Bernard Shaw

If there was no evidence that being drunk was a danger to you or anyone around you, and didn't affect you in any negative way, but to make you happier, then yes, it would be a necessity of life.
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2014 3:34:09 PM
At 7/9/2014 6:28:39 PM, HPWKA wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:04:27 PM, muzebreak wrote:

If there was no evidence that being drunk was a danger to you or anyone around you, and didn't affect you in any negative way, but to make you happier, then yes, it would be a necessity of life.

You completely misread that.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.