Jump to topic:

A Perspective on the Death of Christ

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:42:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think a lot of Christians take the death of Christ for granted. We grow up just being told that He died for our sins and we say "yay" and leave it at that. But the burden and horror that Christ had to bear in order to pay that debt is immense and I want to try and share the enormity of the gift that has been bestowed upon us.

Imagine every bad thing you've ever done. The lies. The things you've stolen. The angry words. The mean comments. The sexual exploits. The bullying. The jealousy. The disrespect. The hate. Think of all of it, just in your own life so far, we've all done it, and our lives aren't even over. Then imagine every person who has lived and who will ever live and their sin. The rape. The murdering. The abuse. Christ bore all of it. For everyone, ever.

Wow.

But not only that: Christ was without sin. He was the Son of God. So not only did he have to endure every sin ever committed and will be committed but he did so without even knowing the touch of sin until that point. I can imagine it hurt. Think about never feeling physical pain before in your entire life then taking on all of the pain of the world at once. It is no small wonder that in His last hours Jesus asked God to take this burden from him.

Anyways, just wanted to share that so that my Brothers and Sisters in Christ don't take the sacrifice and gift in vain and for granted.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:48:40 AM
Well said grant!! Power of the Gospel!! Thank you for posting this not jus as a reminder for believers but as an encouragement! :)

(It's nice to see you back too!)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:52:27 AM
Completely agree with you, God didn't have to do anything for us..but he did..and i try to live a life of gratitude and thankfulness for all that he did for me...
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:12:04 AM
At 7/11/2014 10:42:47 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I think a lot of Christians take the death of Christ for granted. We grow up just being told that He died for our sins and we say "yay" and leave it at that. But the burden and horror that Christ had to bear in order to pay that debt is immense and I want to try and share the enormity of the gift that has been bestowed upon us.

Imagine every bad thing you've ever done. The lies. The things you've stolen. The angry words. The mean comments. The sexual exploits. The bullying. The jealousy. The disrespect. The hate. Think of all of it, just in your own life so far, we've all done it, and our lives aren't even over. Then imagine every person who has lived and who will ever live and their sin. The rape. The murdering. The abuse. Christ bore all of it. For everyone, ever.

Wow.

But not only that: Christ was without sin. He was the Son of God. So not only did he have to endure every sin ever committed and will be committed but he did so without even knowing the touch of sin until that point. I can imagine it hurt. Think about never feeling physical pain before in your entire life then taking on all of the pain of the world at once. It is no small wonder that in His last hours Jesus asked God to take this burden from him.

Anyways, just wanted to share that so that my Brothers and Sisters in Christ don't take the sacrifice and gift in vain and for granted.

AAAaaaaahhhaaahhhaaahhaahhaahaha...
No.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:15:58 AM
At 7/11/2014 11:12:04 AM, irreverent_god wrote:

Wow.

AAAaaaaahhhaaahhhaaahhaahhaahaha...
No.

Thank you for your illustrious and informative post. You will sure to be heralded as one of the greatest thinkers of all time. Many a high school senior will have your famous "AAAaaaaahhhaaahhhaaahhaahhaahaha...No." quote plastered all over their yearbooks.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 12:54:45 PM

Wow.

Fools who think Christ died are deceived of the Truth. Christ is NOT the last name of the saint named Jesus. Christ is the invisible Word of God that Jesus and all us other saints spoke to find God's believers so God could teach them who we are in Him.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 12:59:05 PM
At 7/11/2014 12:54:45 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Wow.

Fools who think Christ died are deceived of the Truth. Christ is NOT the last name of the saint named Jesus. Christ is the invisible Word of God that Jesus and all us other saints spoke to find God's believers so God could teach them who we are in Him.

You don't believe in Jesus's death and resurrection?? 0.o
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 1:09:20 PM
At 7/11/2014 12:59:05 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Wow.

Christ is a symbolic term like the Word of God, Son of God, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Kingdom of Jesus Christ, Breath of Life, Tree of Life, Voice of God, Word of the Lord, Voice of the Lord, Zion, Jacob, Judah, Eternal Life, Light of Men, Holy Spirit, The Counselor, God's Creation, etc.

We saints, including Jesus, are the one's who witness the Word of God and testify to it, which is our created existence within the mind of our Creator. The flesh of men and all the objects of this universe are only illusions that are formed by God's creation, which is invisible vibrations called Christ.

Jesus knew his flesh would perish when he was killed. He also knew how, when and where he would be killed before it happened. With this prophetic knowledge, he informed God's chosen believers this information about his death so that when it happened exactly the way God planned it, it would enlighten some of the believers.

Some of the believers actually became new saints who spoke for our Creator in the same exact way that Jesus did. A saint is a vessel of God's that He uses to testify to the invisible Christ ( Word of God ) to learn about who we are within His mind. Jesus was the first vessel ( flesh ) to be used for this purpose but his flesh and the flesh of most of God's prophets and all us other saints are killed by unbelieving jealous religious men who thought they already knew the Truth by reading words in their holy books.

Jesus knew the Pharisees didn't know our invisible Creator as they challenged his gospel that He was speaking. Here's a scripture to show that the Pharisees didn't know the voice of the Lord as it was being preached to them;

John 5
37: And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness to me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen;
38: and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe him whom he has sent.
39: You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;
40: yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
41: I do not receive glory from men.
42: But I know that you have not the love of God within you.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 3:18:02 PM

Wow.

If one of the sins he is absorbing is over objectifying women and causing others to lusting after them by putting pic of a hot chicks on a profile then you may consider a new profile pic.

It does make me wonder why Jesus God is so sensitive and affected by your sins and yet you keep giving them to him. Stop it!
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 5:07:01 PM
I think a lot of Christians take the death of Christ for granted.

What they take for granted, is the life of Jesus, for which they have next to no evidence.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:12:59 PM
At 7/11/2014 5:07:01 PM, Beastt wrote:

What they take for granted, is the life of Jesus, for which they have next to no evidence.

Jesus doesn't have to justify Himself to anyone. But the fact that we have the Bible at all should be clear that God wants us to see Him for who He is but some people never take that as "enough" evidence?
"Good Times" ~ Max
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:44:17 PM
At 7/11/2014 9:12:59 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Jesus doesn't have to justify Himself to anyone. But the fact that we have the Bible at all should be clear that God wants us to see Him for who He is but some people never take that as "enough" evidence?

There are at least a million better books than the bible and some of them are non fiction.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:45:27 PM

Wow.

You may want to go here
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:47:48 PM
At 7/11/2014 1:09:20 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Wow.

Christ is a symbolic term like the Word of God, Son of God, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Kingdom of Jesus Christ, Breath of Life, Tree of Life, Voice of God, Word of the Lord, Voice of the Lord, Zion, Jacob, Judah, Eternal Life, Light of Men, Holy Spirit, The Counselor, God's Creation, etc.

We saints, including Jesus, are the one's who witness the Word of God and testify to it, which is our created existence within the mind of our Creator. The flesh of men and all the objects of this universe are only illusions that are formed by God's creation, which is invisible vibrations called Christ.

Jesus knew his flesh would perish when he was killed. He also knew how, when and where he would be killed before it happened. With this prophetic knowledge, he informed God's chosen believers this information about his death so that when it happened exactly the way God planned it, it would enlighten some of the believers.

Some of the believers actually became new saints who spoke for our Creator in the same exact way that Jesus did. A saint is a vessel of God's that He uses to testify to the invisible Christ ( Word of God ) to learn about who we are within His mind. Jesus was the first vessel ( flesh ) to be used for this purpose but his flesh and the flesh of most of God's prophets and all us other saints are killed by unbelieving jealous religious men who thought they already knew the Truth by reading words in their holy books.

Jesus knew the Pharisees didn't know our invisible Creator as they challenged his gospel that He was speaking. Here's a scripture to show that the Pharisees didn't know the voice of the Lord as it was being preached to them;

John 5
37: And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness to me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen;
38: and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe him whom he has sent.
39: You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;

Amen, Saint Brad! You tell 'em!
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:47:59 PM
At 7/11/2014 9:44:17 PM, bulproof wrote:

There are at least a million better books than the bible and some of them are non fiction.
I'm sorry, but it's not about what book is better or not. It's about life and death here. Yours as well as others souls are on the line here. Don't waste time denying God or what He's provided because then when you finally die an face Him, it'll be too late. :(
"Good Times" ~ Max
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:50:08 PM
At 7/11/2014 9:47:59 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I'm sorry, but it's not about what book is better or not. It's about life and death here. Yours as well as others souls are on the line here. Don't waste time denying God or what He's provided because then when you finally die an face Him, it'll be too late. :(

Here come da boogieman god, wooooooooooh.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:56:11 PM
At 7/11/2014 9:50:08 PM, bulproof wrote:

It's obvious you take this as a joke, but hon, it's no joke. This is life. Not a game. But, if you wish to continue To deny God, well, then that's between you and He. :/
"Good Times" ~ Max
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:13:13 PM
At 7/11/2014 9:47:48 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Wow.

John 5

Poor old Brad has about seven more months left before the jealous Christians kill him off (by gunshot, no less) at the Campbell, California Community Center office. I dunno what he's gonna do when it doesn't happen. HOWEVER, I am sure of this: he'll go to the Community Center on that day to await his execution. He'll probably take a pistol with him in case his would-be assailants forget to bring a weapon. And it's 50-50 that when nothing happens, he'll just kill himself.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:35:28 PM
At 7/11/2014 9:56:11 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

It's obvious you take this as a joke, but hon, it's no joke. This is life. Not a game. But, if you wish to continue To deny God, well, then that's between you and He. :/

No little girl.

THIS is life, what you are living now is all you get. Oh I know how unfair you think that is, after all you are so special you have your own god and everything.

Look around you.

Do you see anything that doesn't die? No? Well guess what?

You ain't so special, your just another lifeform that was lucky enough to exist on this wonderful rock. Life is for the living not in a drooling anticipation of death.

And do you know what's even worse?

You won't even regret your failure to live when you had the chance.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:38:39 PM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/josephus_on_jesus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/tacitus_on_jesus

Two references by reliable historians a short while after Jesus lived. The evidence for most religions is weak when compared to the evidence for Jesus.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:42:32 PM
At 7/11/2014 10:38:39 PM, Installgentoo wrote:

Two references by reliable historians a short while after Jesus lived. The evidence for most religions is weak when compared to the evidence for Jesus.

You don't know anything about those references do you?
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:44:15 PM
At 7/11/2014 10:42:32 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/11/2014 10:38:39 PM, Installgentoo wrote:

You don't know anything about those references do you?

What's your issue with them, Bulproof?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:01:21 PM

Wow.

John 5

I have less than 7 months left to tell 'em. Then I'll be killed for testifying to the Truth of who we really are in God.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:07:24 PM
At 7/11/2014 10:35:28 PM, bulproof wrote:

No little girl.

THIS is life, what you are living now is all you get. Oh I know how unfair you think that is, after all you are so special you have your own god and everything.

Look around you.

You ain't so special, your just another lifeform that was lucky enough to exist on this wonderful rock. Life is for the living not in a drooling anticipation of death.

No such thing as luck sir. And life without God IMO is not living at all. It like walking around as a dead corpse. Just saying...
"Good Times" ~ Max
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:09:14 PM
At 7/11/2014 10:13:13 PM, annanicole wrote:

Wow.

John 5

Poor old Brad has about seven more months left before the jealous Christians kill him off (by gunshot, no less) at the Campbell, California Community Center office. I dunno what he's gonna do when it doesn't happen. HOWEVER, I am sure of this: he'll go to the Community Center on that day to await his execution. He'll probably take a pistol with him in case his would-be assailants forget to bring a weapon. And it's 50-50 that when nothing happens, he'll just kill himself.

Here's the true story that unbelievers reject;

I will see three men coming after me at the Campbell Community Center. I will enter a entrance door at one of the buildings at this site and see a long narrow room with another doorway directly ahead from the entrance door. I will hurry across the narrow room, open up the door to a small office, turn to the right and kneel in the corner. I hear the three men open the entrance door, walk across the room and open up the office door, They turn towards me and one of them will walk up to me with a handgun in his hand and put it up to my forehead and fire a bullet into it. I feel no pain at all and enter a very peaceful state.

This is all that God has given me to experience so far but He has taught me what will happen after my body is killed so I have nothing to worry about. Death is nothing but an illusion and so is this world we've been believing was our reality since man was put into this garden of Eden.

God bless all you who believe in the Truth,
Saint Brad
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:09:31 PM
At 7/11/2014 11:07:24 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

No little girl.

Look around you.

No such thing as luck sir. And life without God IMO is not living at all. It like walking around as a dead corpse. Just saying...

Strong in this one indoctrination is. mmmm
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:10:56 PM
At 7/11/2014 11:09:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/11/2014 11:07:24 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

No little girl.

Look around you.

Strong in this one indoctrination is. mmmm

I'm sorry, that made no sense? 0.o
"Good Times" ~ Max
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:14:38 PM

You apparently don't understand the prophecies about ALL God's people being saved from this world and the flesh that's deceived them of the Truth all these years.

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Christians don't have a clue what the symbolic House of Israel and House of Judah mean.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:17:21 PM
At 7/11/2014 11:14:38 PM, bornofgod wrote:

You apparently don't understand the prophecies about ALL God's people being saved from this world and the flesh that's deceived them of the Truth all these years.

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Christians don't have a clue what the symbolic House of Israel and House of Judah mean.

Are you a universalist believer of God?
"Good Times" ~ Max
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:21:54 PM
At 7/11/2014 11:17:21 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 7/11/2014 11:14:38 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Jeremiah 31

Are you a universalist believer of God?

I don't have to believe in God. I speak for Him because I was created as His voice called the voice of the Lord in the prophecies.

I've known our invisible Creator since He came into the mind and spoke these words on December 7th, 1979, "I AM YOUR CREATOR".