Jump to topic:

Picture Jesus resurrected

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:36:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Sometimes, we as Christians feel depressed and unworthy because of our sins. When we think of Jesus Christ, we picture someone who is defeated on the cross..bloodied and dying, but thinking about it, why wallow in past sins? When we've already been forgiven! In truth, Jesus Christ is not dead, he is risen and will forever be crowned King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is already glorified in all of his power and through his life, we are made right with God. Jesus Christ has given us love, joy, and salvation, all the things God promised for us to have. We should live life with joy and love one another because we are redeemed and called to live a righteous life of faith.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:37:51 AM
At 7/11/2014 11:36:46 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Sometimes, we as Christians feel depressed and unworthy because of our sins. When we think of Jesus Christ, we picture someone who is defeated on the cross..bloodied and dying, but thinking about it, why wallow in past sins? When we've already been forgiven! In truth, Jesus Christ is not dead, he is risen and will forever be crowned King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is already glorified in all of his power and through his life, we are made right with God. Jesus Christ has given us love, joy, and salvation, all the things God promised for us to have. We should live life with joy and love one another because we are redeemed and called to live a righteous life of faith.

Ok.... That's good news.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 12:39:33 PM

Deities in the minds of men have always deceived them of the Truth. That's why men look up to prophets and saints named Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohammad, Joseph Smith, etc. None of these prophets and saints can give you life but at least Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Peter, Paul and I have been used by our invisible Creator to witness His Word and speak for Him.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 12:43:14 PM

Amen!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 1:15:50 PM
At 7/11/2014 12:43:14 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Amen!

That's what all Christians say, "Amen". They don't realize they're saying amen to a lie.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 1:29:45 PM

To be honest, that whole story just makes me question why god would even have to sacrifice his son to forgive people of their sins. I mean, Ray Comfort (Cum-Fart, #AmazingAtheist) has said that because he settled our 'debts', we don't have to pay them. However, in a just legal system, this is only partially true.

If it was a civil case, and I accidentally cut a tree branch that fell onto my neighbor's property and damaged his shed, then it doesn't matter. I could pay the debts, my family could pay the debts, the Mysterious benefactor from Great Expectations could pay the cleanup and repair costs. However, the Christian view of sin, especially Ray Comfort's, tends to be much harsher. I'm sure he wouldn't agree with debtor's prisons, so it is obvious that to justify this, he must view sin as more of a criminal offense.

If I killed five people, and pleaded guilty (or the evidence was so strong it didn't matter), is it just for me to continue living in society, or even a better place than society, because someone else agreed to take the punishment? No.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 1:35:54 PM
At 7/11/2014 1:15:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Amen!

That's what all Christians say, "Amen". They don't realize they're saying amen to a lie.

Lol, okay.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 1:53:09 PM

Amen!

lol and what humans don't realize is that they are limited and God is limitless :-)
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 1:54:47 PM
At 7/11/2014 1:29:45 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

To be honest, that whole story just makes me question why god would even have to sacrifice his son to forgive people of their sins. I mean, Ray Comfort (Cum-Fart, #AmazingAtheist) has said that because he settled our 'debts', we don't have to pay them. However, in a just legal system, this is only partially true.

If it was a civil case, and I accidentally cut a tree branch that fell onto my neighbor's property and damaged his shed, then it doesn't matter. I could pay the debts, my family could pay the debts, the Mysterious benefactor from Great Expectations could pay the cleanup and repair costs. However, the Christian view of sin, especially Ray Comfort's, tends to be much harsher. I'm sure he wouldn't agree with debtor's prisons, so it is obvious that to justify this, he must view sin as more of a criminal offense.

If I killed five people, and pleaded guilty (or the evidence was so strong it didn't matter), is it just for me to continue living in society, or even a better place than society, because someone else agreed to take the punishment? No.

maybe not according to civil law, but according tothe law of Moses, you should be stoned for singing. Nevertheless there is a mediator for your sins...
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 2:51:03 PM
At 7/11/2014 1:54:47 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/11/2014 1:29:45 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

maybe not according to civil law, but according tothe law of Moses, you should be stoned for singing. Nevertheless there is a mediator for your sins...

That example doesn't help you're argument. That just means that even for lesser crimes that one should not be able to substitute punishment.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 3:17:30 PM

Jesus Christ is not dead
Then the wages of sin are not paid. And you're not saved.

We should live life with joy and love
At the expense of the innocent, who through the very defining trait of injustice, paid the price for your actions. But... if he's not dead, then he didn't pay the price. If he's not in banished to an eternity in Hell, then you are. So where is Jesus? Is he alive and in Heaven? Or is he dead and in Hell? If it is the former, then your sins have not been atoned for.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 3:23:32 PM

As long as you believe, sins don't matter. Go forth and sin with confidence.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 7:11:04 PM
At 7/11/2014 3:17:30 PM, Beastt wrote:

Jesus Christ is not dead

At the expense of the innocent, who through the very defining trait of injustice, paid the price for your actions. But... if he's not dead, then he didn't pay the price. If he's not in banished to an eternity in Hell, then you are. So where is Jesus? Is he alive and in Heaven? Or is he dead and in Hell? If it is the former, then your sins have not been atoned for.

This Christian answer to this is in Hebrews if you ever read it.

It was necessary therefore that the copies of the things in the heavens should be cleansed with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24For Christ hasn't entered into holy places made with hands, which are representations of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest enters into the holy place year by year with blood not his own, 26or else he must have suffered often since the foundation of the world. But now once at the end of the ages, he has been revealed to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27Inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once, and after this, judgment, 28so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, without sin, to those who are eagerly waiting for him for salvation.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:33:01 PM
At 7/11/2014 7:11:04 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/11/2014 3:17:30 PM, Beastt wrote:

Jesus Christ is not dead

This Christian answer to this is in Hebrews if you ever read it.

It was necessary therefore that the copies of the things in the heavens should be cleansed with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24For Christ hasn't entered into holy places made with hands, which are representations of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest enters into the holy place year by year with blood not his own, 26or else he must have suffered often since the foundation of the world. But now once at the end of the ages, he has been revealed to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27Inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once, and after this, judgment, 28so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, without sin, to those who are eagerly waiting for him for salvation.

Salvation was completed long before any visible world was observed by God's people. Everything was planned and created before any prophet or saint appeared to testify to the invisible Word of God, also known as Christ.

Jesus was a saint like all the rest of the saints and prophets who spoke for our Creator. In other words, we saints and prophets are one person called Christ, or the voice of the Lord. The gospel that we preach is the voice of the Lord, not some words written in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. It is the spoken Word that unbelieving religious Jews rejected. They believed in their own interpretations of the prophecies which were incorrect, just like Christians believe their own interpretations that are incorrect. Only us saints who speak for our Creator are taught directly by Him and end up speaking the gospel for Him.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 10:34:51 PM
At 7/11/2014 1:53:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Amen!

lol and what humans don't realize is that they are limited and God is limitless :-)

That's right my friend. Only us saints have been taught the past, present and future and speak from this invisible knowledge called Christ.