Jump to topic:

How to prove God's existence

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:03:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
After doing some meditation, it does no good to read books on people who claim they can scientifically prove God's existence. As a Christian, i find this to be a waste of time. Sure, you can use ontological arguments, etc. but which God would you be proving exists? Allah? The theistic God? Which God? Yahweh? Science and logic cannot make that clear which leads me to think that the Bible doesn't work in the way people think. The Bible never proves God's existence, but states that God is and he is true to his Word. God wants a personal relationship with humanity in such an intimate level that he doesn't want for there to be just "evidence for him", he wants a personal relationship. Instead, prove that God's Word is faithful to the very end.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:05:14 PM
At 7/11/2014 11:03:02 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
After doing some meditation, it does no good to read books on people who claim they can scientifically prove God's existence. As a Christian, i find this to be a waste of time. Sure, you can use ontological arguments, etc. but which God would you be proving exists? Allah? The theistic God? Which God? Yahweh? Science and logic cannot make that clear which leads me to think that the Bible doesn't work in the way people think. The Bible never proves God's existence, but states that God is and he is true to his Word. God wants a personal relationship with humanity in such an intimate level that he doesn't want for there to be just "evidence for him", he wants a personal relationship. Instead, prove that God's Word is faithful to the very end.

Then your god is a contradiction just like the words in his book.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:38:37 PM

I live His Word every day until I will be killed for testifying to His Word, which is my created existence within His mind. Thank God He created me as invisible vibrations that go on forever. Eventually, ALL God's created people will know Him in the next age as promised;

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 4:36:05 AM
At 7/12/2014 4:01:56 AM, Dwint wrote:
What kind of Christian engages in the pagan practice of meditation?

Christian Buddhists exist FYI.
Dwint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 5:22:15 AM
At 7/12/2014 4:36:05 AM, Envisage wrote:

Sure, but they are satanic pagans.
Hitchens is the way!
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 5:27:18 AM
At 7/12/2014 5:22:15 AM, Dwint wrote:
At 7/12/2014 4:36:05 AM, Envisage wrote:

Sure, but they are satanic pagans.

You're welcome to believe that.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 5:36:49 AM
Religions are just different ways of conceptualizing and relating to the great mystery of "God". They aren't right or wrong, they just are what they are. It's naive and childish to think that "God" must conform to our religious visions, or God cannot 'be real'. Our religious visions do not determine the truth of reality. The truth of reality simply is what is, and it's our concepts of them that vary. Not the other way around.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 6:24:54 AM

This 'personal relationship' with god is a relatively recent invention of Christianity when confronted with an increasingly educated and skeptical population (in developed countries, anyway). Would you consider or value a 'personal relationship' with one or all amoeba? I doubt it, and the gulf between us and any hypothetical god is far, far greater than that.

The elephant in the room is that god, if he existed, could easily provide undeniable evidence for his existence. These arguments being peddled are simply rationalizations for the lack of such evidence. They are made to cover the embarrassment the total absence of such evidence causes.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 6:29:38 AM
At 7/12/2014 6:24:54 AM, dee-em wrote:

This 'personal relationship' with god is a relatively recent invention of Christianity when confronted with an increasingly educated and skeptical population (in developed countries, anyway). Would you consider or value a 'personal relationship' with one or all amoeba? I doubt it, and the gulf between us and any hypothetical god is far, far greater than that.

The elephant in the room is that god, if he existed, could easily provide undeniable evidence for his existence. These arguments being peddled are simply rationalizations for the lack of such evidence. They are made to cover the embarrassment the total absence of such evidence causes.

Huzzah. Really well said.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 9:52:01 AM

Well you are incorrect in reference to the God of Israel, the Christian"s God. There is documentation that states that man has had a relationship with his Creator through his Creator"s Word clear back to Adam. So the claim of relationship with God isn"t new.

What evidence would that be?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 10:38:58 AM
At 7/12/2014 9:52:01 AM, DPMartin wrote:

Well you are incorrect in reference to the God of Israel, the Christian"s God. There is documentation that states that man has had a relationship with his Creator through his Creator"s Word clear back to Adam. So the claim of relationship with God isn"t new.

The same with superman.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 10:53:09 AM

Physicists are beginning to realize there isn't any evidence of what they observe, either. They cannot prove that I, the Creator of all things, don't exist.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:24:20 AM
At 7/12/2014 10:38:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
The same with superman.

How is it the same with superman?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:35:31 AM

Joshua 1:8
Psalm 1:2
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:37:42 AM

Meditation is a practice to instill a state of mind. Easiest way to think about it is self-hypnosis. Buddhist meditate to remove themselves from experience.

The goals and experiences can be different for Christians and others. But Christians can meditate. It is not solely pagan.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:40:29 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:24:20 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 7/12/2014 10:38:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
The same with superman.

How is it the same with superman?

Adam? Show me. hahahaha
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:41:44 AM

I have a personal relationship with my gut bacteria. Does that count?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:45:51 AM
Of course it does.
Your gut bacteria is you god.
What did he say to you this morning?

buuuurppp........faaaaartttttttttttt

Goodgod.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 3:11:15 AM
At 7/12/2014 9:52:01 AM, DPMartin wrote:

Just like I have a 'personal' relationship with John Lennon via his words and music. They speak to me.

Are you implying that an omnipotent god can't come up with indisputable evidence for his subjects? Anything above what we have now, zero, would be good.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 3:14:42 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:41:44 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

I have a personal relationship with my gut bacteria. Does that count?

Only if you know each one by name. :-)
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 3:25:18 AM

Definitely! Well said. And it needs to be said... daily.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 3:32:22 AM
At 7/12/2014 10:53:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Physicists are beginning to realize there isn't any evidence of what they observe, either. They cannot prove that I, the Creator of all things, don't exist.
But scientists can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the court, that you're a verifiable "loony". What day have you promised to die? I like to keep track of all of the silly failed prophecies the lunatics (AKA: theists) I debate with like to spew. So far, the end of the Earth prophecy has failed at least four times, in 11 years.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 11:25:28 AM
At 7/13/2014 3:32:22 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/12/2014 10:53:09 AM, bornofgod wrote:

But scientists can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the court, that you're a verifiable "loony". What day have you promised to die? I like to keep track of all of the silly failed prophecies the lunatics (AKA: theists) I debate with like to spew. So far, the end of the Earth prophecy has failed at least four times, in 11 years.

I don't give dates of when this world will be destroyed because I don't have that information revealed to me by our Creator. I do have the time frame of when I'll be killed. It's 1260 days ( 42 months ) from July 24th, 2011.