Jump to topic:

Religious quotes

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 10:44:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Salvation is only good for the living so why do the dead bother with it.

The love that man has for his religion keeps out the love of God.

Freedom from the bondages of sin doesn't mean hiding them with religion.

If you go to church with an open mind, you will be deceived much faster.

Belief in the wrong god will keep you from the hearing the true God.

A pastor's sermon is an educated guess of what he didn't understand in the Bible.

Why does the right way look like the wrong way to religious people?

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil is what Christians try to do but instead, they see no truth, hear no truth and speak no truth.

If you got the truth from the Bible, you believed the biggest lie ever.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:20:32 AM
Here are a few more;

To know the truth in Christianity is the beginning of a new denomination and leaving the lies of the last one.

A sinner who decides to save his own life with the right belief is the kind of sinner that joins Christianity.

The best gift Satan ever gave to man was the Bible. Not even God can stop him from being deceived by it.

The only part of Jesus Christ that Christians don't understand is what he spoke.

If you believe Christ is coming in the last days, you were right, but seeing him is impossible.

Satan disguises himself as Jesus so well that Christ can"t be heard by most religious people today.

A fool who teaches the wise the way to life is a man of religion.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 12:02:48 PM
Bog nursey is calling you to take your meds. Be a good fellow and run along now.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 1:37:13 PM
6 months and counting .....
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 3:56:21 PM
At 7/12/2014 1:37:13 PM, annanicole wrote:

I thought it was 7 months.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 4:12:46 PM
At 7/12/2014 3:56:21 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Shhhhh. Let him think he's told us six. That'll speed it up.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 5:43:56 PM
At 7/12/2014 4:53:06 PM, skinker wrote:
Here's the Bible quote I love: God loves a killer ape what repents.

Here's a few more;

Everyone who chases after eternal life ends up dead, but those who have eternal life died to get it.

There are three kinds of sin according to some religions of man; a sin that is terrible, a sin that is bad and a sin they find acceptable in their own eyes.

Religion has caused more to die than all the wars of man, and still people go to church.

Science has brought us closer to God in fifty years than Christianity has in 1600 years.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 5:52:05 PM
At 7/12/2014 4:12:46 PM, annanicole wrote:

I already shared this prophecy with you but since you don't understand it, I will show you again;

Revelation 11
1: Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told: "Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there,
2: but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample over the holy city for forty-two months.
3: And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4: These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth.
5: And if any one would harm them, fire pours out from their mouth and consumes their foes; if any one would harm them, thus he is doomed to be killed.
6: They have power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with every plague, as often as they desire.
7: And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit will make war upon them and conquer them and kill them,

I started testifying to the Word of God here in Campbell, CA, on July 24th, 2011. If you figure 1260 days in the future from this day, you will get one date in January of 2015. If you figure 42 months, you will get a different date in January of 2015. If you use 30 days as one month, then 1260 days equals 42 months. I'll let you do the math because I don't care what day it happens. All I know is that I will be killed for testifying to the Truth.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 5:53:30 PM

Psalm 41
5: My enemies say of me in malice: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 5:53:59 PM

Psalm 41
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 5:56:26 PM
bornofgod, the world would suck just that much more if you die dude, so you should try to avoid that. What's the big guy say? Is it an absolute necessity or what?
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 6:00:26 PM
At 7/12/2014 5:53:30 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Psalm 41

Oh I can assure you that I do not wish for you to die. You are very entertaining, and the Religion Forum is considerably less interesting in your absence.

LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 6:01:26 PM
At 7/12/2014 5:52:05 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I already shared this prophecy with you but since you don't understand it, I will show you again;

Revelation 11
1: Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told: "Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there,
2: but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample over the holy city for forty-two months.
3: And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4: These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth.
5: And if any one would harm them, fire pours out from their mouth and consumes their foes; if any one would harm them, thus he is doomed to be killed.
6: They have power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with every plague, as often as they desire.
7: And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit will make war upon them and conquer them and kill them,

I started testifying to the Word of God here in Campbell, CA, on July 24th, 2011. If you figure 1260 days in the future from this day, you will get one date in January of 2015. If you figure 42 months, you will get a different date in January of 2015. If you use 30 days as one month, then 1260 days equals 42 months. I'll let you do the math because I don't care what day it happens. All I know is that I will be killed for testifying to the Truth.

Who's the other witness, then?

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 6:04:29 PM
At 7/12/2014 6:01:26 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Revelation 11

The first witness happened during the first three centuries A.D. The second witness is happening now in Campbell, CA. where God has me preaching the gospel to end this age.

Matthew 24
14: And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 6:13:37 PM
At 7/12/2014 6:04:29 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Revelation 11

The first witness happened during the first three centuries A.D. The second witness is happening now in Campbell, CA. where God has me preaching the gospel to end this age.

Matthew 24
14: And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.

But the Bible says that the whole world would hear of the deaths of the two witnesses.
http://biblehub.com...
You are not a famous individual, and if you were murdered you would only appear in a small section of the local newspaper. Or maybe there would be a thread about you on DDO.
Oh, and this verse would also suggest that the Two Witnesses would preach together.

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 6:24:41 PM
At 7/12/2014 6:13:37 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/12/2014 6:04:29 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Revelation 11

Matthew 24

But the Bible says that the whole world would hear of the deaths of the two witnesses.
http://biblehub.com...
You are not a famous individual, and if you were murdered you would only appear in a small section of the local newspaper. Or maybe there would be a thread about you on DDO.
Oh, and this verse would also suggest that the Two Witnesses would preach together.

The Bible can't speak so by saying the Bible says something is a lie. However, it is written in heavy symbolic form so if you don't have the knowledge of God to understand the past, present and future, you won't be able to understand any of the prophecies. This is why God uses His saints to explain the prophecies to His chosen believers who listen to the saint. We saints are taught directly by our Creator by testifying in writing and speaking in a language we learn from childhood. My language happens to be English so God put words in English within His mind for me to write or speak. The reason I say His mind is because there's only ONE mind and we all exist within His mind as His thoughts. I was created as His voice so that's why He uses me to testify to His invisible knowledge, which is where we all exist within His thoughts.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 7:05:54 PM

Revelation 11

The prophesy in Revelation has nothing at all to do with you. Not a thing in the world. It was fulfilled in the destruction of Jerusalem nearly two thousand years ago.
skinker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 8:47:48 PM
If and when Scriptural prophesy comes true it always comes true in ways believers never expect. E.g Jews looking for another David Messiah and getting Jesus Christ.

There is one prophesy in Revelation that has come true and most every Christian has failed to spot it's arrival and that is Armageddon which has come to bring the End Times to all Abrahamic religions beginning with the foundation one, Judaism. Israeli archeologists in the Megiddo digs have proven the writers of the Bible told whoppers, all fictions and not any historical truth in them to be had. "Megiddo" is Canaanite and named after their words for High Place of the Divine Assembly of Gods and Goddesses. "Armageddon" is the Greek translation of this same Canaanite word for the Divine Assembly's heavenly abode.

With Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, all shown as fictitious characters and their events never happened which is why no one can find any substantial archeological evidence to back the Bible stories up, the Exodus a pure reversal of the historical truth for example of ancient Israelites booted out of Egypt when they got rid of the Hyksos invaders.

So any religious quotes from the Bible better be pretty universal as the ones attached to specific non-existent events are bogus.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:32:27 PM
At 7/12/2014 7:05:54 PM, annanicole wrote:

Revelation 11

The prophesy in Revelation has nothing at all to do with you. Not a thing in the world. It was fulfilled in the destruction of Jerusalem nearly two thousand years ago.

The prophecies have made you blind to the Truth, Anna. Man can't interpret the prophecies because man doesn't know our invisible Creator. Only us saints were used to read the prophecies so that our Creator could interpret them. You're not a saint.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:32:13 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:32:27 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Revelation 11

The prophecies have made you blind to the Truth, Anna. Man can't interpret the prophecies because man doesn't know our invisible Creator. Only us saints were used to read the prophecies so that our Creator could interpret them. You're not a saint.

... and you certainly aren't either. You are a delusional schizophrenic who is narcissistic enough to think that God has singled you out over and above everyone else.

Every time someone, whether Christian or atheist, points out your gross inconsistencies, the illness takes over and blinds you. The prophets did not issue prophesies that no one (other than you) can "interpret".
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:37:51 AM
At 7/13/2014 12:32:13 AM, annanicole wrote:

Revelation 11

... and you certainly aren't either. You are a delusional schizophrenic who is narcissistic enough to think that God has singled you out over and above everyone else.

Every time someone, whether Christian or atheist, points out your gross inconsistencies, the illness takes over and blinds you. The prophets did not issue prophesies that no one (other than you) can "interpret".

There are no inconsistencies in God. The prophecies cannot be interpreted by God's people. They can only be interpreted by God. It's obvious you don't understand the simpler things written in the scriptures so how are you supposed to interpret the prophecies?

2 Peter 1
20: First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,
21: because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:49:09 AM
At 7/13/2014 12:37:51 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Revelation 11

There are no inconsistencies in God. The prophecies cannot be interpreted by God's people. They can only be interpreted by God. It's obvious you don't understand the simpler things written in the scriptures so how are you supposed to interpret the prophecies?

2 Peter 1
20: First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,
21: because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Another ridiculous misuse of a passage. The word epilysis means loosening, going forth. All it means it that prophesies were not loosened, or did not come forth from, man's inventions. No, as the next verse states, the source for the prophesies was the Holy Spirit.

You are taking the absurd position that the Holy Spirit inspired the prophesies given by men - but men cannot interpret any of them. All that shows is that you've never studied the matter.

"No prophecy of Scripture comes from one"s own interpretation"
"No prophecy of scripture ever comes about by the prophet's own imagination"
"no prophecy in Scripture will be found to have come from the prophet's own prompting"

One can see by employing a decent Greek lexicon along with other translations that you are forcing an absurd meaning on the passage, then trying to claim that God revealed "interpretations" only to you.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:03:48 AM
At 7/13/2014 12:49:09 AM, annanicole wrote:

Revelation 11

2 Peter 1

Another ridiculous misuse of a passage. The word epilysis means loosening, going forth. All it means it that prophesies were not loosened, or did not come forth from, man's inventions. No, as the next verse states, the source for the prophesies was the Holy Spirit.

You are taking the absurd position that the Holy Spirit inspired the prophesies given by men - but men cannot interpret any of them. All that shows is that you've never studied the matter.

"no prophecy in Scripture will be found to have come from the prophet's own prompting"

One can see by employing a decent Greek lexicon along with other translations that you are forcing an absurd meaning on the passage, then trying to claim that God revealed "interpretations" only to you.

It's obvious you don't know what the symbolic term, "Holy Spirit" means.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:15:46 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:03:48 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Revelation 11

2 Peter 1

Just as you do not know what the word epilysis means in II Pet 1: 20. You haven't got a clue. You tell us that it means that men can't "interpret" prophesis, yet YOU "interpret" them! How so? Well, you claim God singled you out!

That's a cardinal sign of delusional schizophrenia with a narcissistic personality disorder. Nobody else knows a thing - but God informs you.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:21:37 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:15:46 AM, annanicole wrote:

Revelation 11

2 Peter 1

Just as you do not know what the word epilysis means in II Pet 1: 20. You haven't got a clue. You tell us that it means that men can't "interpret" prophesis, yet YOU "interpret" them! How so? Well, you claim God singled you out!

That's a cardinal sign of delusional schizophrenia with a narcissistic personality disorder. Nobody else knows a thing - but God informs you.

Why can't you understand that our Creator is the only one who can interpret the prophecies because He's the author of them all?

I didn't interpret any of them for God. He's the one who had me read them so He could interpret them. I've known God for over 34 years and He's the only one I listen to, not deceived people like yourself.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:43:22 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:21:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Revelation 11

2 Peter 1

Why can't you understand that our Creator is the only one who can interpret the prophecies because He's the author of them all?

Then the prophesies are essentially worthless. Nobody can interpret them. We do not know what they mean, which means that they are meaningless.

Yet the book of Revelation (which you habitually cite) pronounces a blessing on those who read it. Once again, your psychiatric malady takes center-stage as you inform us that God has singled out YOU. You aren't the only person in the world, Brad.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:54:08 AM
At 7/13/2014 1:43:22 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:21:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Revelation 11

Then the prophesies are essentially worthless. Nobody can interpret them. We do not know what they mean, which means that they are meaningless.

Yet the book of Revelation (which you habitually cite) pronounces a blessing on those who read it. Once again, your psychiatric malady takes center-stage as you inform us that God has singled out YOU. You aren't the only person in the world, Brad.

They weren't meant for God's people to interpret. They were meant for God's saints to read so that He could teach us the meanings of them. They're only bits of information that are needed by God to help us understand some details about the future that we already possess. The prophecies are about all the flesh of man and beasts dying in this age, about the saints coming to testify to the Word of God, the day of the Lord when this age ends, and the future New Heaven and Earth and how we'll be living in Paradise. This age hasn't ended yet but when it does, there won't be any flesh left on this earth. Here are a few prophecies that show this;

Isaiah 66
15: "For behold, the LORD will come in fire, and his chariots like the stormwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16: For by fire will the LORD execute judgment, and by his sword, upon all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.

Revelation 21
8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death." ( This is about the flesh that are destroyed on the day of the Lord ).

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Jeremiah 4
22: "For my people are foolish, they know me not; they are stupid children, they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil, but how to do good they know not."
23: I looked on the earth, and lo, it was waste and void; and to the heaven, and they had no light.
24: I looked on the mountains, and lo, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro.
25: I looked, and lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the air had fled.
26: I looked, and lo, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the LORD, before his fierce anger.
27: For thus says the LORD, "The whole land shall be a desolation; yet I will not make a full end.