Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Religious unity …

dattaswami
Posts: 322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 7:16:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
All religions are feathers of same bird i.e., God with different colours. There is only one God & there is only one universe. Similarly man is also only one. Man should aim that one God & he should belong to all religions in universe. He should pick up diamonds from all religions & use in his spiritual path. One can have love towards the nationality. Every nation has some physical boundaries. People who live in that nation have that nationality. Thus there is a meaning in nationality because it has physical sense. But in case of religion & spiritualism there is no physical sense.

Every religion belongs to every man. So in religious & spiritual matters all religions can be used. Human incarnation in every religion announces that He is universal preacher. Message of Lord Krishna i.e., Gita is for entire world. The message of Jesus i.e., Bible is for entire world. Message of Mohammed is for entire world. So there is no need of conversion of religions. Just like in science invention of Einstein is useful for whole world, every religious preaching is for everybody. Different scientists belonging to different countries have discovered different scientific inventions. Subject science contains all these inventions. If any invention is removed science becomes discontinuous. Similarly, spiritualism consists of preaching of preachers belonging to various countries.

Spiritualism must be built up by preaching of Lord Krishna, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Mahavir etc. Spiritualism means truth like science. Different religions follow their preachers & they have taken essence of their scriptures into practice. Such traditional practices are like different experimental parts of Science. Scriptures of different religions are like different theories in various chapters of science. In science, student does not distinguish scientist based on his nationality. Similarly in spiritualism one should not have repulsion or attraction to any scripture or tradition in World.

At lotus feet of Datta Swami
Surya
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 8:24:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Uh no. Religion A (well more than A, more like A to Y.999) preaches I am the only way, excluding all other paths. That makes all are paths to god a redundant claim. At best you equivocate horribly on what each religion is to only include those aspects that are feasible to your idea (such as a person and not the actual religious teachings).

That and science isn't about different paths (hypothesis maybe but they are the stepping stones to greater things). We don't have competing theories of plate tectonics, there is the Theory of Plate Tectonics and so forth and so on.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 8:48:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 8:24:03 AM, Puck wrote:
Uh no. Religion A (well more than A, more like A to Y.999) preaches I am the only way, excluding all other paths. That makes all are paths to god a redundant claim. At best you equivocate horribly on what each religion is to only include those aspects that are feasible to your idea (such as a person and not the actual religious teachings).

That and science isn't about different paths (hypothesis maybe but they are the stepping stones to greater things). We don't have competing theories of plate tectonics, there is the Theory of Plate Tectonics and so forth and so on.
It's a valid answer, and science is actually the ultimate source for finding the most authentic belief. However, when you say that there's not theory of plate tectonics etc., I agree, but there are various theories that are scientific. That's why we have studies. And for a religion to be more superior to others, it must not be in conflict with established scientific facts. At this point I'd usually challenge a non-Muslim religious person to a debate regarding science in his religion.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 9:28:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 8:49:42 AM, Puck wrote:
Like you refused the debate with me? :P
You're not religious, Puck. I can debate evolution with you but how many times have people debates it? Even if I convince you that evolution as you define it is false, then I'd have to convince you of many other things.

We had the long discussion during December month last year where we spoke about the Qur'an, then I started focusing on other things and we stopped there. Basically, it just showed that we could've debated (or discussed) for a very long time. And when I say debate I don't necessarily mean official DDO debate, but discussion on the forums too. Even if it's a debate it's much easier to debate against some religions than against Atheism, because a religion that is in conflict with science cannot be defended properly.

Basically, with you I'd have to argue about why God should necessarily exist, why evolution as you define it is false, and so forth. With a Hindu I can point out contradictions and scientific errors in his book, and verses where Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) is mentioned. And all the time I've spent on DDO, I've proved that the Qur'an is in no conflict with modern science, it is not contradictory to its own statements, it is preserved perfectly, and so forth.

Some Christians here just say, "Jesus died for me and you, believe in him!" - This is not defending Christianity. So even if I may not have proved to you that the Qur'an is from God so far, it does not mean that I cannot prove that the Qur'an is superior to all other religious books, so if you ever wanted to have a religion you'd know what to choose, if I convince you. So I actually do help you in progress in some way by comparing the Qur'an to other religious books.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 9:29:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 9:28:46 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/24/2010 8:49:42 AM, Puck wrote:
Like you refused the debate with me? :P
You're not religious, Puck. I can debate evolution with you but how many times have people debates it? Even if I convince you that evolution as you define it is false, then I'd have to convince you of many other things.

No, Qur'anic science one.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 9:30:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 9:28:46 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/24/2010 8:49:42 AM, Puck wrote:
Like you refused the debate with me? :P
You're not religious, Puck. I can debate evolution with you but how many times have people *debates it? Even if I convince you that evolution...

*debated
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 9:32:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 9:29:42 AM, Puck wrote:
No, Qur'anic science one.
Yes we've discussed that one. It's same as a debate. In fact I've proved that the Qur'an does not conflict with modern science. As for being scientifically miraculous we did not end it, but I've said why.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 9:37:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 9:32:17 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/24/2010 9:29:42 AM, Puck wrote:
No, Qur'anic science one.
Yes we've discussed that one. It's same as a debate. In fact I've proved that the Qur'an does not conflict with modern science. As for being scientifically miraculous we did not end it, but I've said why.

Explain how the Quran talks about male and female fruits, yet fruits are not male or female. :(
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 9:37:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 9:33:39 AM, Puck wrote:
Proven lol.
It's 'proved'. Proven is to be used as an adjective.

Example of proved: "I proved that I am..."

Example of proven: "My article was proven..."
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 9:44:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 9:37:06 AM, tkubok wrote:
Explain how the Quran talks about male and female fruits, yet fruits are not male or female. :(

[Qur'an 20:53] "(God is the One who) sent down rain from the sky and with it brought forth a variety of plants in pairs."

In Arabic "plants in pairs" is described as male/female, and we know that by comparing it to verses where males and females are mentions as spouses etc.

Modern science has revealed to us that plants in fact do have genders. Pollen and ovary from male and female (I use these terms to make it more clear) plants are causing another fruit to grow.

Read this article: http://en.wikipedia.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 9:47:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 9:44:09 AM, Puck wrote:
Both verbs ...

The adjective would be provable.
"My article is provable." Using this example, you're right. But let's move on.

"My article was proven." This is where where proven is to be used.

"I can prove that my eyes are green."
"I have proved that my eyes are green."

By the way you're welcome to correct my grammar/spelling (although spelling only sometimes because my computer is very slow and sometimes it cannot keep up with what I write). It's a good way of improving my English.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 9:50:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 9:47:47 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/24/2010 9:44:09 AM, Puck wrote:
Both verbs ...

The adjective would be provable.
"My article is provable." Using this example, you're right. But let's move on.

"My article was proven." This is where where proven is to be used.

"I can prove that my eyes are green."
"I have proved that my eyes are green."

All still verbs.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 1:41:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 9:44:42 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/24/2010 9:37:06 AM, tkubok wrote:
Explain how the Quran talks about male and female fruits, yet fruits are not male or female. :(

[Qur'an 20:53] "(God is the One who) sent down rain from the sky and with it brought forth a variety of plants in pairs."

In Arabic "plants in pairs" is described as male/female, and we know that by comparing it to verses where males and females are mentions as spouses etc.

Modern science has revealed to us that plants in fact do have genders. Pollen and ovary from male and female (I use these terms to make it more clear) plants are causing another fruit to grow.

Read this article: http://en.wikipedia.org...

No no, not that verse. Read Surah 13:3.
Procrastarian
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2010 6:57:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm with Puck and Mirza on this one... if two religions say that they are the only true religion, you can't fully believe in both. Not every religion is monotheistic, so by saying there is only one God you've already lost a great deal of religions. Almost all of what you assert is opinion.

Now for the real reason I'm here...

These two sentences are EQUALLY correct:
It was proven that 'proved' can be used as it is in the following sentence.
It was proved that 'proven' can be used as it is in the previous sentence.

http://forum.wordreference.com...
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 5:30:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 1:57:30 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/24/2010 1:41:09 PM, tkubok wrote:
No no, not that verse. Read Surah 13:3.
I have. What wrong about it?

Quote it for me.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 6:22:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 5:30:08 AM, tkubok wrote:
Quote it for me.
No, you quote it for me please. Then we'll skip arguing about which translation I used.

You can use whatever you want.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 10:38:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/24/2010 6:57:53 PM, Procrastarian wrote:
I'm with Puck and Mirza on this one... if two religions say that they are the only true religion, you can't fully believe in both. Not every religion is monotheistic, so by saying there is only one God you've already lost a great deal of religions. Almost all of what you assert is opinion.

Now for the real reason I'm here...

These two sentences are EQUALLY correct:
It was proven that 'proved' can be used as it is in the following sentence.
It was proved that 'proven' can be used as it is in the previous sentence.

http://forum.wordreference.com...

Yea, I love how like half of this has become an argument abour grammar rather than an argument about the actual topic.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 11:14:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 6:22:04 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/25/2010 5:30:08 AM, tkubok wrote:
Quote it for me.
No, you quote it for me please. Then we'll skip arguing about which translation I used.

You can use whatever you want.

Why do you refuse to quote it?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 11:16:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 11:14:47 AM, tkubok wrote:
Why do you refuse to quote it?
I just let you do it. I think you're after a specific translation, so bring it on.

Why do you refuse to do it? Why should I actually quote it? You're the one bringing it up.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2010 3:25:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/25/2010 11:16:34 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/25/2010 11:14:47 AM, tkubok wrote:
Why do you refuse to quote it?
I just let you do it. I think you're after a specific translation, so bring it on.

Why do you refuse to do it? Why should I actually quote it? You're the one bringing it up.

If you already know what i am talking about, why not pass the pretence and get down to the point?
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 6:13:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 6:08:46 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Mirza:
Matt:

And what happens to Islamic people who decide to stop being Islamic??..
Whether it's IN the Quran or not is really immaterial to the RELIGION argument... Killing apostates has been a long held tradition in Islam.
I've explained this. Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) did not allow two religions to be present in the Arabian Peninsula. That is, as you can see, because Muslims are minorities almost everywhere. Turkey is being democratized. Egypt too. All of who are supposed to be Islamic countries. If there's not one single entirely Islamic place in the world, then Islam would be digging its own grave. That is why people who are Muslims and then leave Islam in Saudi Arabia are to be punished for that, unless they don't propagate about it.

Punished, like in the traditional way Mohammed did, and has been going on in Arab countries since then, I presume...

So if some young girl decides to not be muslim, and forget her place, and doesn't flee her homeland, she deserves punishment for apostasy?

At 2/25/2010 9:54:04 AM, Mirza wrote:
Why girl, and how young would she be?

Hey Insert, if your at all unsure about being a muslim don't move to the middle Arabian Penninsula. For if you stop believing, Mirza might kill you.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 6:48:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
so.. Mirza... This lady here is one of those, that if she refused to leave the her Muslim homeland ought to have been imprisoned or killed, Right?

http://www.iheu.org...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 6:51:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/26/2010 6:48:14 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
so.. Mirza... This lady here is one of those, that if she refused to leave the her Muslim homeland ought to have been imprisoned or killed, Right?

p.s. : she spells out that women usually get only lifetime imprisonment for rejecting the indoctrination... It's only the men who get executed.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2010 7:05:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
how bout this guy? should he die too, I actually like a few of his books.. but, as the Fatwa says...
http://www.martinfrost.ws...

Now this girl lives in America, but I guess you'd say that if the same story played out in Saudi Arabia she should be punished too right?
http://www.mcc.ag.state.oh.us...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."