Posted: 2 years ago
1) I prayed so much for a new car
2) God didnt give me a car
3) Therefore God doesnt exist.

1) My loved one died.
2) How can God do such a thing.
3) Therefore God doesnt exist

1) This universe is too big.
2) We are too tiny compare to the universe.

1) Why muslims always in the gutters when the others on the top
2) Although i really dont know islamic hisotry how it influence renaissance and how it gave a soap to europe that they can to wash their backsides.

1) I think anything has the potential to happen by chance somehow.
2) Universe exist and all living things too.

1) There is suffering in the world.
2) How God can allow such a thing.

1) Why im not beautiful enough.
2) Everybody is better then me.

1) There are too many poeple who worship many things.
2) Which one is right?

1) Lawrence krauss and Dawkins say there is no God
2) Although they trying to aviod logic and philosophy.

1) Religion is immorale.
2) Although Athiests dont have what is right/wrong they choose what is right/wrong .

1) Religion is evil its causes all the wars.
2) Although most of the wars are because secular goals.

1) I dont need God in my life.
2) I dont care if he exist or not .

1) Im bored and love to slander religious people killing time all night.
2) I dont believe in God.

1) All things came by chance and it formed in order without intelligence and eventually created human being by a miracle of nature.
2) How Moses pbuh parted the sea miracles are nonsense, although God can do everything.

they are all hilarious! :D
Never fart near dog
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 6:02:04 PM
At 7/13/2014 2:04:55 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

No one says anything remotely close to this.

1) My loved one died.

That example is quite shoddy in refuting an omnibenevolent God, but the larger issue is the problem of evil, which is a very real reason not to believe in an omnibenevolent deity.

The point is that his creation is far from ideal, when an ideal creation is what an ideal being should create.

2) Although i really dont know islamic hisotry how it influence renaissance and how it gave a soap to europe that they can to wash their backsides.

?

?

A far more compelling argument has the premise "At least one instance of suffering is gratuitous". Please tell me why an omnibenevolent deity would let a father rape and then strangle to death his 7 year old daughter?

Again, no one makes this argument.

2) Which one is right?

You're butchering and strawmanning an inductive argument.

1. As for logic, neither of them say they are "avoiding logic", since that is, well, illogical. Please supply a source where they say they try to avoid logic.

2. Their denial of the importance of philosophy is stupid, so I agree with you there.

1) Religion is immorale.
2) Although Athiests dont have what is right/wrong they choose what is right/wrong .

What's the connection between your point 1 and 2?

As for your point 2, God is not the only source of moral systems. In fact, I think divine command theory is among the worst moral systems.

Again you argue a strawman. No one says religion causes all of the wars in human history. However, it has caused many. That is enough reason to be cautious about religion, or at least religious fundamentalism and extremism.

No one makes this argument.

Says the person making a topic to slander atheists killing time all night.

1) All things came by chance and it formed in order without intelligence and eventually created human being by a miracle of nature.
2) How Moses pbuh parted the sea miracles are nonsense, although God can do everything.

One can be explained by physical laws, the other defies physical laws. By definition the first is not a miracle, and the second isn't, since atheists don't accept your premise that "God can do everything", since he doesn't exist.

Your pathetic attempt at strawmanning is the only hilarious thing here.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 6:28:12 PM

I don't think anyone has ever made that argument ever. And if they do, they should be kicked by atheists and theists alike for being so stupid. However, I have seen plenty of people say they prayed for frivolous things (not cars, but similar things) and received it.

1) My loved one died.

Well, that is assuming that god must be benevolent and all powerful. The only thing this argument does is show that god is at least not one of those two.

Well, this is more of an argument against a theistic argument of 'we were put in a special place'. Basically, the argument goes, 'the universe is so large. Why would any rational being create a universe so large if we were its sole concern?'. Basically, why would god create such a large universe if he only cared about one little spec? Conclusion: God is either irrational, there are many gods, Earth is not god's sole concern or god does not exist.

That's not even an argument. Just an argument ( a poor one) against the muslim idea of god. You seem to misunderstand the concept of god. A god doesn't have to be one of the types currently worshiped en mass. A deity can be of any type you imagine. Just because one deity is dis-proven or shown to be illogical doesn't mean another type of deity is incorrect. This is the reason why atheists shouldn't try to disprove god. We can't. All we can do is refute a type of god. We can't refute all gods. Why do you think we keep complaining about 'god-of-the-gaps'?

Okay, trying to be offensive here (I just find it completely stupid to say 'no offense' when you mean 'offense'), but the only thing separating you from barely comprehensible nut-jobs is spell-check and a tiny bit more intelligence. Your ability to articulate your point is comparable.

again, only disproves a singular omnipotent, omniscient and omni-benevolent deity.

Not an argument. Just teen angst.

2) Which one is right?

This is actually a reasonable argument against general theistic deities of Abrahamic faiths. If there is a singular god who just wants worship, why is belief so geographic? Wouldn't it be everywhere? Why when we reached the Americas for the first time did they not know who Jesus was if Jesus was truly the savior, why did he only reveal himself to the Roman Empire?

What?

1) Religion is immorale.

Well, I decide my morals on a slightly modified utilitarian basis. I agree with that except for 'valuing' people based on their output. Rather, instead we base our decisions on the general benefit of everyone, including those who cannot produce (unless in a situation of extreme survival, in which case, you may have to value human life based on whether they have dependencies, their output, etc. However, with surplus food this is not a problem for daily life)

Some of your 2) seem to be refutations. And poorly worded at that. And yes, I agree most wars are over political reasons. Not all wars, but most. However, by using a combination of nationalism and religion, governments can weild monarchic power and dismiss any criticisms of their actions, ceasing any ability for even smarter religious people to stop them.

This is just an argument for apathy, not atheism. Their is a difference. Atheism is a selected (ish) position on the god debate. By taking the time to select it, that means that you care a little bit. This is just the opinion of an apathetic, someone who does not care at all about the god question.

I got bored with the rest.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 6:57:37 PM
Just wrote things that i heard from some places...but i think it has some funny stuff :D
Never fart near dog
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 7:55:31 PM
At 7/13/2014 6:57:37 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Just wrote things that i heard from some places...but i think it has some funny stuff :D

Somehow I doubt you've heard any of this anywhere.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:13:10 PM
P1) if God exists, then he wouldn't have needed to invent bacon
P2) bacon exists
C) therefore god does not exist

P1) the flying spaggheti monster is delicious
P2) deliciousness is subjective
P3) all things subjective are a lie
C) the FSM, and therefore God is a lie.

P1) god hates sex before marriage
P2) I want to sleep with underage hookahs!
C) god does not exist

P1) I hate god
C) therefore goes does not exist

P1) I want to sin
P2) I can sin if god doesn't exist
C) God better not exist!
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:36:22 PM
At 7/13/2014 6:02:04 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

Actually, a lot of people base their disbelief in God due to the fact that they never had their prayers answered, and that they had to work for everything they wanted.

Anyway, this thread is just filled with stupid arguments that are supposed to be humorous, so I don't think it matters if anyone says anything remotely close to this or not.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 9:12:49 PM
At 7/13/2014 8:36:22 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

Actually, a lot of people base their disbelief in God due to the fact that they never had their prayers answered, and that they had to work for everything they wanted.

Anyway, this thread is just filled with stupid arguments that are supposed to be humorous, so I don't think it matters if anyone says anything remotely close to this or not.

I've heard more theists said their prayers for frivolous things were answered than atheists say their prayers for frivolous things were not answered. More often if an atheist gets upset for their prayers not being answered, then usually it is something altruistic.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 11:32:29 PM
This website is getting me ashamed to call myself a theist. There are too many ignorant theists on this website.

This is to show that the Bible saying that "ask and you shall recieve" is flawed. No one I have seen seriously uses this to say "God doesn't exist", they use it to say that certain aspects of a religion are false.

1) My loved one died.

One example of the problem of evil. It shows that am omnibenevolent god does not exist.

I have never heard this. I have heard that with the vast size of the universe, and the very little amount of it that we can inhabit, that it shows a flaw in a design if we humans are god's ideal creation (which almost ever religion says we are).

No clue what you are trying to say here. Are you making up arguments in order to make some kind of point?

Given enough time, anything that has a chance of happening, no matter how small the chance, will happen.

It is the problem of evil. Have you never heard the full thing?

Never seen this before.

2) Which one is right?

Not everyone can be right, but everyone can be wrong. It is not used to say that god does not exist but used to say "how can you know YOUR god is the real one?"

Support premise 2.

1) Religion is immorale.

I have never seen this argument used. I see no connection between 1 and 2. You also fail to look at something called secular moral philosophy.

Never seen anyone say religion caused all the wars. I hear people say it has caused a lot. I also do not see how an atheist saying that religion has caused wars means that it is an argument for "God doesn't exist".

Never heard this before. I have heard the following:
1) There is no evidence for a god existing.
2) There is no need for a god to exist.
3) A god probably does not exist.

What exactly are you doing here?
1) You are bored and are slandering non-religious people killing time.
2) You do believe in god.
3) Atheist arguments are bad.
Is that supposed to be your argument?

Not a miracle of nature... Science can explain A LOT.
There is no evidence of Moses even existing.
No one I see uses this argument you are trying to use.

What is hilarious is that you think that pulling things out of your *** makes a good argument.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 4:18:05 PM
At 7/13/2014 9:12:49 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

I've heard more theists said their prayers for frivolous things were answered than atheists say their prayers for frivolous things were not answered. More often if an atheist gets upset for their prayers not being answered, then usually it is something altruistic.

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I said, and I'm not sure if this is entirely accurate. It may be in your personal experience - in mine not so much.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 4:20:22 PM
Pff, the people in this thread are so boring.

Why not join in on the action! It's just some light hearted fun/satire
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 11:33:19 PM
p1. Envisage is a Scientist and he says there is no God.
p2. Scientist are the smartest people around, and Envisage the smartest Scientist
c1. God does not exist
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:11:36 AM

1) My loved one died.

2) Which one is right?

1) Religion is immorale.

God might be real, but if he is, he is clearly an @$$hole
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:15:56 AM
At 7/13/2014 8:13:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
P1) if God exists, then he wouldn't have needed to invent bacon
P2) bacon exists
C) therefore god does not exist

Rofl, never heard that one before. The best yet.
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:19:42 AM
At 7/13/2014 9:12:49 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

I'm glad you know exactly how pray works and which ones get answered or not. Thanks for the forehand knowledge that I'll continue never using.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:25:57 AM

Do you even know a lot of people much less a lot of atheists? Yeah whatever.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:34:17 AM
At 7/14/2014 11:33:19 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
p1. Envisage is a Scientist and he says there is no God.
p2. Scientist are the smartest people around, and Envisage the smartest Scientist
c1. God does not exist

p1. Envisage once was an thiest.
p2. Envisage is a atheist now.
c1. Therefore God doesnt exist.

p1. Envisage is a advanced kind of monkey.
p2. monkeys dont pray.

p1. Envisage is product of chance
p2. Envisage has been drinking too much Dad creams."

p1. Envisage is from england
p2. Dawkins live there too.
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:37:19 AM
monkeys dont pray.

Not true. Apparently they pray 5 times a day.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:37:59 AM
At 7/15/2014 11:11:36 AM, Brendan21 wrote:

Brendan21s logic:

p1. Someone might be real.
p2. so hes real.
c1. he is an as*hole.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:41:07 AM
At 7/15/2014 11:37:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
monkeys dont pray.

p1. bulproof claiming monkeys pray 5 times a day
p2. bulproof has the ability to understand what monkey say.
c1. bulproof is a baboon.
Never fart near dog
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:44:18 AM
At 7/15/2014 11:37:59 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 7/15/2014 11:11:36 AM, Brendan21 wrote:

Brendan21s logic:

p1. Someone might be real.
p2. so hes real.
c1. he is an as*hole.

No this is my logic:
p1: terrible things happen to good and bad people.
p2: good things happen to good and bad people.
p3: people who believe in God still suffer.
p4: Some people, especially before modern times went their entire life never hearing about Jesus/Christianity.
p5: God, by biblical definitions, is contradictory in various ways.
p6: God or some type of God might still exist.
C1: If the Biblical God is real, then he's a dick.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:46:02 AM
At 7/15/2014 11:41:07 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
monkeys dont pray.

WOW how can I compete with such rapier like wit.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:09:16 PM
At 7/15/2014 11:25:57 AM, bulproof wrote:

Do you even know a lot of people much less a lot of atheists? Yeah whatever.

Yeah, there are quite a few of my friends at school who are atheist.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 7:59:42 PM
At 7/15/2014 11:46:02 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/15/2014 11:41:07 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
monkeys dont pray.

WOW how can I compete with such rapier like wit.

Wanna be friends ?:D
Never fart near dog