Jump to topic:

Dear Religious People

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 8:18:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Now I know that discussing the intricacies of the bible and the quran are important. Immensely important even. I mean what if people started thinking Jesus was black or that gays could have relationships, the f*cking world would fall apart, right? But don't you think there are more pressing issues at hand? Like, consider this pic for example: http://upload.wikimedia.org... What does discussing the bible do to prevent things like that happening? And I bet you don't pay the slightest bit of attention to things like that, do you? That you haven't ever done one single thing towards alleviating things like that, right? Religions, eh? Nobody else thinks they distract from real good?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 8:25:03 AM
"Kevin Carter was born in Johannesburg, South Africa. Kevin Carter grew up in a middle-class, whites-only neighbourhood. As a child, he occasionally saw police raids to arrest blacks who were illegally living in the area. He said later that he questioned how his parents, a Catholic, "liberal" family, could be what he described as 'lackadaisical' about fighting against apartheid."
skinker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 8:36:49 AM
Dear unreligious person. Religious people GIVE generously. Atheists don't give. Statistics prove this time and again.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 8:41:56 AM
At 7/14/2014 8:18:18 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Now I know that discussing the intricacies of the bible and the quran are important. Immensely important even. I mean what if people started thinking Jesus was black or that gays could have relationships, the f*cking world would fall apart, right? But don't you think there are more pressing issues at hand? Like, consider this pic for example: http://upload.wikimedia.org... What does discussing the bible do to prevent things like that happening? And I bet you don't pay the slightest bit of attention to things like that, do you? That you haven't ever done one single thing towards alleviating things like that, right? Religions, eh? Nobody else thinks they distract from real good?

How is your prejudice against "religious people" any different than some religious people's prejudice against others? In both cases, people who you don't actually know are all being lumped together and slandered. And in both cases, isn't the purpose of the slander to elevate your self-image of yourself in relation to the negative image you hold of them?

Just asking.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 8:46:04 AM
At 7/14/2014 8:41:56 AM, PureX wrote:

How is your prejudice against "religious people" any different than some religious people's prejudice against others? In both cases, people who you don't actually know are all being lumped together and slandered. And in both cases, isn't the purpose of the slander to elevate your self-image of yourself in relation to the negative image you hold of them?

Just asking.

No.....my point is that there are children starving to death and being eaten by f*cking vultures whilst religious retards bicker about retardation. It's prejudice to say to that, "wait a minute, something's not right here"?
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 8:49:00 AM
At 7/14/2014 8:46:04 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Just asking.

No.....my point is that there are children starving to death and being eaten by f*cking vultures whilst religious retards bicker about retardation. It's prejudice to say to that, "wait a minute, something's not right here"?

Then why don't you go feed some starving children, instead of whining about the foolishness of some religious folks - as if non-religious folks weren't capable of being just as foolish?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 8:50:20 AM
At 7/14/2014 8:49:00 AM, PureX wrote:

Just asking.

Then why don't you go feed some starving children, instead of whining about the foolishness of some religious folks - as if non-religious folks weren't capable of being just as foolish?

Who says I amn't? I can't take a break to ask others to stop talking nonsense and pitch in?
skinker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 8:54:10 AM
Did you not read my post? Your "talking nonsense" people ARE pitching in, statistics consistently prove this, while you atheists are not. Go complain to your own before coming at us theists.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 9:00:34 AM
At 7/14/2014 8:54:10 AM, skinker wrote:
Did you not read my post? Your "talking nonsense" people ARE pitching in, statistics consistently prove this, while you atheists are not. Go complain to your own before coming at us theists.

No, they're paying their way into heaven by giving to the Church. Again, this is a real religious man: http://en.wikipedia.org...
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 9:08:30 AM
At 7/14/2014 9:04:56 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Kindly reevaluate your lives - thanks.

The irony of this statement positively cries out for appreciation.
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 9:09:45 AM

I believe there's too much focus on religion's holy texts, that it can simply be "taken for its word". Many religious people need to be more spiritual. This is coming from a religious person :P
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 9:11:13 AM
At 7/14/2014 9:08:30 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

I'm a decent human being, dylan.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 9:14:38 AM
At 7/14/2014 9:11:13 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

How could I have forgotten.

=P
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 9:15:42 AM
At 7/14/2014 9:14:38 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

=P

Because I get f*cking MAD like any decent person should.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 9:18:06 AM
At 7/14/2014 9:15:42 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

=P

Does someone need to take a seat in the pouty chair?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 9:20:49 AM
At 7/14/2014 9:18:06 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 7/14/2014 9:15:42 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

=P

Does someone need to take a seat in the pouty chair?

You know what makes a thing amusing for most people, dylan? Contained violence. I think that's the relationship we share at the moment in our back and forths. It's what makes me and my former self on here so amusing.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 9:22:33 AM
I am big scary daddy and we're playing peek-a-boo. It's a drug - offers a feeling of control.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 9:25:11 AM

Just asking.

I agree, a lot of relgious people tend to get caught up on insignificant things. Certain groups of religious people also tend to give and help more.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 10:18:20 AM

Every human being has the sickness to shift the burden on each other, dont worry its not only you. i mean what you talking about? you complaining that the real thing is what happening in this world and we should help poeple who suffering and stuff, i dont disagreeing with you, but coming and pointing fingers at religious people?? what you think athiests are better? at least religious people obliged to help those people and more charitable.

Its not about religious people or not, (most of) people naturally love their farts and dont care whats happening to the others thats reality. before you coming here complaining, there are many more stuff to throw away beside religion, it just a small thing.
capitalism?? how many problems comes from this one. millions upon millions of people would do anything for stupid football or the world cup. today we are living in material world and its only me me me where is pleasure occuring, poeple always will be there. selfishness is plenty unfortunately and its disgusting. what do you think these people will go across half world to help them? they cant pay some charity in their backyard and you expect from them to trek half world? they care about only daily tasks and how to get the most, not to give.

i dont criticising you, you doing a good job but also there are many poeple just talking and doning nothing. i dont want to judge you and i dont. your good intention really makes me happy to see atleast somebody who want to help... anyway if you really want to help there are charitable organizations his is what atleast we can do.
Never fart near dog
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 10:22:18 AM
Any one can find need down the street from where they are in most cases, no matter what country or part of the world they live in. Surly if one is compelled then they don"t need to look across the world to find the needy.

The Salvation Army actually puts out for the disenfranchised in the US, but this is a website that is for the provision of the discussions on said sections such as religion, or the particulars on the systems of belief. Hence a place and time for all things. As far as the Pope living in opulence, so does the President of the US, other country leaders, corporate executives, that may or may not be religious at all. They have means to give also don"t they?

The reality is, the rich normally don"t give to the poor, unless its fun or beneficial to them. Like actors and public figures doing their tax brake/PR duty. If people who have riches felt guilty about having riches, they wouldn"t do what"s necessary to keep it or attain it. Usually the once was poor that have a little more then the poor, give to the poor. So if you are trying to get the rich to feel guilty, you just might be peeing up a rope.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 10:24:45 AM
I'm hugely anti-capitalist, POPOO5560, and anti-atheist too (or anti the amorally tendentious kind at least). Just figured I'd stick my head in and point out a stark absurdity of affiliation.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 10:26:10 AM
Let's not play the shifting blame game now children. Justifying oneself by others makes for many evils.
TrueScotsman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 10:44:29 AM

This post is rather ironic. You have made 8,359 posts on this forum many of which seem to be arguing about religious beliefs .

You then come here all high and mighty and tell people to start doing something that actually makes a difference to the true suffering in the world. Accusing other strangers that they haven't done a single thing towards alleviating the suffering of others.

Let me ask you a question... who the f*ck do you think you are?

Do you own a charity?
Do you live in a foreign country, working as a volunteer to assist with a crisis?
Have you adopted children from Sudan?

From this post, it seems you don't give a sh*t about Sudanese children and their suffering. This rather looks like an opportunity for you to assert your own belief in your moral superiority by attempting to guilt religious people into doing something that you suppose they are not.

Here is some wisdom for you.
1) This post will not motivate anyone to do anything who isn't already helping.
2) You're a hypocrite, which basically makes this post a joke.
3) Your bigotry towards religious people is apparent by this gross generalization. The statistical facts don't match up to your assertions.
4) There are a million things in this world that distract people from issues that really matter, why only address this towards religious people.

The message of this thread is this: AnDoctuir thinks they are better than most religious people. Religious people don't really give a sh*t about AnDoctuir's attempts at self-exaltation and will continue doing what they like.

Regards,
TrueScotsman
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 10:59:05 AM
At 7/14/2014 8:36:49 AM, skinker wrote:
Dear unreligious person. Religious people GIVE generously. Atheists don't give. Statistics prove this time and again.

The three most charitable people in the US, in order, Warren Buffet with 40 billion, Bill and Melinda gates with 27 billion, and George Soros with 9 billion. All three are atheists.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 11:06:20 AM
At 7/14/2014 8:36:49 AM, skinker wrote:

Lol
Dude... Stop...
Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 11:07:52 AM
At 7/14/2014 9:03:44 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Reminder that the pope literally lives in a golden palace.

Right? I thought Christians were supposed to be humble.
Dude... Stop...