Is faith dishonest?

TrueScotsman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 4:47:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/14/2014 4:44:03 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
I am refering to faith in context with what is ubiquitously subscribed to for a belief in a god.

What do you mean by "faith," in what sense are you using the word?
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 4:51:58 PM
At 7/14/2014 4:47:35 PM, TrueScotsman wrote:
I am refering to faith in context with what is ubiquitously subscribed to for a belief in a god.

Redirect yourself to my initial statement. Faith in a context that something is assumed on absolute conviction devoid of knowledge as true. Truth being what comports or corresponds with reality.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 4:52:08 PM

Faith is NOT belief. Faith is something that only God's prophets and saints know about. Faith is knowing our invisible Creator when He begins speaking to His servant within His mind where we all exist as invisible vibrations.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 4:53:32 PM
At 7/14/2014 4:52:08 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Faith is NOT belief. Faith is something that only God's prophets and saints know about. Faith is knowing our invisible Creator when He begins speaking to His servant within His mind where we all exist as invisible vibrations.

Is faith dishonest?
TrueScotsman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 4:54:18 PM
At 7/14/2014 4:51:58 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Redirect yourself to my initial statement. Faith in a context that something is assumed on absolute conviction devoid of knowledge as true. Truth being what comports or corresponds with reality.

Hmm, I'm aware of no such definition for the term. Can you please cite the dictionary you obtained this understanding from?
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 5:06:37 PM

Absolutely! It's simply a way of lying to yourself. If you needed a flashlight and opened the drawer where you keep your flashlight, but couldn't find any evidence of a flashlight being there, you wouldn't reach in, pretend to hold the flashlight, pretend to turn it on, and then go waving an imaginary flashlight around proclaiming that your path was now "enlightened". That would be fooling yourself, and showing yourself to be an idiot.

And yet, this is EXACTLY what people do with God. They (usually), openly admit they have no objective evidence for the existence of God, (those who claim there is evidence, can never provide it), but rather than acknowledge that fact, they still go through all the motions, and then proclaim they achieved the results obtained from God. This is no different than waving a non-existent flashlight around.

It's a simple refusal to accept the evidence. And even where they claim they receive "personal evidence", such as prayer, when subjected to an objective demonstration, these experiments always fail. If prayer worked, the statistics couldn't possibly do other than show that it works. But it doesn't, and that's the the statistics demonstrate in study, after study, after study. This demonstrates that a person's belief in prayer, is nothing more than the practice of confirmation-bias. And their "faith" in the existence of God and his answers to their prayers, are pure dishonesty. But it's a dishonesty which exceeds lying in the hope of deceiving others. It's lying to deceive even yourself.

Faith is lying. It's ignoring the objective answers provided by evidence, to believe a lie you tell yourself.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 5:06:52 PM
At 7/14/2014 4:53:32 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Is faith dishonest?

The word "faith" to a Christian who doesn't know our Creator means the same thing as the word "f*ck" today. Words change meanings and Christians totally changed the meaning of the word "faith". So to a Christian who says he has faith, I know him as a liar because he has no clue what the original meaning is.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 5:09:06 PM
At 7/14/2014 5:06:52 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Is faith dishonest?

The word "faith" to a Christian who doesn't know our Creator means the same thing as the word "f*ck" today. Words change meanings and Christians totally changed the meaning of the word "faith". So to a Christian who says he has faith, I know him as a liar because he has no clue what the original meaning is.

Faith is knowing without sensorally perceiving. Arriving at the truth with the use of logic and intuition deriving from human experience.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 5:12:51 PM
At 7/14/2014 5:09:06 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 7/14/2014 5:06:52 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Is faith dishonest?

Faith is knowing without sensorally perceiving. Arriving at the truth with the use of logic and intuition deriving from human experience.

No Christian has ever experienced what faith is. Only us saints and prophets understand what faith means when our invisible Creator begins to speak within His mind where we all exist as His thoughts.

Didn't you know that life is but a dream?
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 5:16:49 PM
At 7/14/2014 4:54:18 PM, TrueScotsman wrote:

Hmm, I'm aware of no such definition for the term. Can you please cite the dictionary you obtained this understanding from?

I did not seek a dictionary.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 5:53:35 PM
I do not think it takes "Blind Faith" to believe in God.

It says: "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen", This is 2 different ways of saying the same thing.

1. Clearly it is describing what faith is. "Faith is"
2. 1st description, "substance of things hoped for"
3. 2nd description, "evidence for things not seen"
4. the descriptions describe the same thing so they are equal Transitive Property of equality A (faith) = B (1st descr.) = C (2nd descr.)

5. "things hoped for" means what? Things people desired, wanted, wished for.
6. "things not seen" means what? Things not present, not perceivable at the moment.
7. "Substance" means that of which a thing consists of.
8. "evidence" means what? indications.

SO. Faith is (that of which a thing consists of) (wished for) or The (indications) of things (not present or concealed from view).

Most of the times faith is used it is for a future hope. or Faith in those things that can not be proven with certainty.

I understand why some think this applies to God. But it is always used as "Faith" in the things God will do, or the things God has done that can not be proven or disproved.

I do not think Hope and Trust are inherently dishonest.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 5:56:27 PM
At 7/14/2014 5:53:35 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

It says: "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen", This is 2 different ways of saying the same thing.

4. the descriptions describe the same thing so they are equal Transitive Property of equality A (faith) = B (1st descr.) = C (2nd descr.)

6. "things not seen" means what? Things not present, not perceivable at the moment.

SO. Faith is (that of which a thing consists of) (wished for) or The (indications) of things (not present or concealed from view).

Most of the times faith is used it is for a future hope. or Faith in those things that can not be proven with certainty.

I understand why some think this applies to God. But it is always used as "Faith" in the things God will do, or the things God has done that can not be proven or disproved.

The meaning of the word "faith" was changed by antichrists who produced the new testament. They didn't know who our invisible Creator was that the saints and prophets knew and had faith in so they made a new meaning for the word "faith". I'm the only saint in this world in the past 1700 years that knows what "faith" means.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 6:15:32 PM
At 7/14/2014 5:56:27 PM, bornofgod wrote:

The meaning of the word "faith" was changed by antichrists who produced the new testament. They didn't know who our invisible Creator was that the saints and prophets knew and had faith in so they made a new meaning for the word "faith". I'm the only saint in this world in the past 1700 years that knows what "faith" means.

That was from the Bible.

"Faith" means complete trust or confidence in someone or something. That is from the Dictionary. (Webster the antichrist)

Interesting note. "Faith" is not defined in the Torah. Which I want to go on a tangent here. Is, I think any one who reads ancient Hebrew, will be able to tell that these people were what we would call today "down to earth."

But instead of saying the same lines of text, would you like to elaborate on what "Faith" is to you.

I gave my take.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 6:22:22 PM

The only way I see faith as dishonest is in being intellectually dishonest with yourself. If someone tells me they believe on faith then I see it as a graceful concession of a rational argument.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 8:42:02 PM
At 7/14/2014 6:15:32 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

That was from the Bible.

"Faith" means complete trust or confidence in someone or something. That is from the Dictionary. (Webster the antichrist)

Interesting note. "Faith" is not defined in the Torah. Which I want to go on a tangent here. Is, I think any one who reads ancient Hebrew, will be able to tell that these people were what we would call today "down to earth."

But instead of saying the same lines of text, would you like to elaborate on what "Faith" is to you.

I gave my take.

I'm a saint so I know what it's like for men such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, Job, Jesus, Peter, Paul, etc. to experience God getting connected to us within His mind. I say, "within His mind" because our mind is His mind. The mind is consciousness where all information comes from. This information exists as invisible vibrations but they have to be converted into information we understand. This is why God uses us prophets and saints, who are only formed illusions ( flesh ), to testify to our true existence as invisible vibrations, which is information of the past, present and future.

God used His first prophets to set up a story line and from that story, He used some of the names such as Jacob, Judah, Israel, Joseph, Jerusalem, etc. as symbolic names in the later prophecies. These symbolic names and phrases He used in the prophetic writings have very deep meanings that only He ( God ) understands. This is why He uses saints to read the prophecies because they are trusted servants who have been thoroughly made obedient and tested before He begins to teach us the deeper meanings of who we are in Him.

So faith is nothing but getting connected in the mind of our Creator and with this faith, every time He comes to us to give us commands to obey, we know it's His voice. He eventually teaches us saints that we and the former prophets are actually created as His invisible voice and this is why we're the one's He uses to testify to His hidden knowledge that comes from the invisible vibrations.

The dictionary meanings of faith has nothing to do with the faith that I use in the writings or spoken words that God has me testify with.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 8:52:22 PM
At 7/14/2014 8:42:02 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 7/14/2014 6:15:32 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

That was from the Bible.

I gave my take.

I'm a saint so I know what it's like for men such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, Job, Jesus, Peter, Paul, etc. to experience God getting connected to us within His mind. I say, "within His mind" because our mind is His mind. The mind is consciousness where all information comes from. This information exists as invisible vibrations but they have to be converted into information we understand. This is why God uses us prophets and saints, who are only formed illusions ( flesh ), to testify to our true existence as invisible vibrations, which is information of the past, present and future.

God used His first prophets to set up a story line and from that story, He used some of the names such as Jacob, Judah, Israel, Joseph, Jerusalem, etc. as symbolic names in the later prophecies. These symbolic names and phrases He used in the prophetic writings have very deep meanings that only He ( God ) understands. This is why He uses saints to read the prophecies because they are trusted servants who have been thoroughly made obedient and tested before He begins to teach us the deeper meanings of who we are in Him.

So faith is nothing but getting connected in the mind of our Creator and with this faith, every time He comes to us to give us commands to obey, we know it's His voice. He eventually teaches us saints that we and the former prophets are actually created as His invisible voice and this is why we're the one's He uses to testify to His hidden knowledge that comes from the invisible vibrations.

The dictionary meanings of faith has nothing to do with the faith that I use in the writings or spoken words that God has me testify with.

Another prophet said, that God said you would know his prophets by them predicting a local but statistically distinguishable event in the extremely near future, maybe even 2 or 7 of em.

And then that prophet's words can be trusted as being from God.

What prediction can you make of the near future, that is not self-fulfilling.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 11:26:16 PM
At 7/14/2014 11:15:19 PM, heisnotrisen wrote:
If you don't have evidence or compelling reasons to conclude something, then you install faith.

Which is what man walks by. Faith is at the core every man-made system of thought and man's thoughts govern his actions.
heisnotrisen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:14:26 AM
At 7/14/2014 11:26:16 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 7/14/2014 11:15:19 PM, heisnotrisen wrote:
If you don't have evidence or compelling reasons to conclude something, then you install faith.

Which is what man walks by. Faith is at the core every man-made system of thought and man's thoughts govern his actions.

Not the same faith I am referring to. You are describing tentativeness, which there is is a disparity amongst the two.
Keltron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 12:58:13 AM

Faith is a gamble that your intuition is right.
heisnotrisen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:03:16 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:58:13 AM, Keltron wrote:

Agreed.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 2:00:58 AM

And it's false. Faith isn't evidence. One has to remember that every believer in every god ever suggested believed in that god by faith (because no god has ever been confirmed to exist). That would mean that there is evidence for every single god ever suggested.

Evidence requires a demonstrable link. Faith is belief devoid of any demonstrable link. So the Bible is wrong. (No surprise there.)
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 2:01:53 AM
At 7/15/2014 12:58:13 AM, Keltron wrote:

And if you do even a little study on behavioral economics, you'll find that intuition is almost never right.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 6:58:38 AM

Almost no one has "absolute" faith in anything, because none of us has absolute knowledge of truth or reality. Those who claim that they do have "absolute" faith are just boasting on their ignorance, and are fooling themselves.

Faith is a matter of degrees, and of choosing what we will accept as truth. Once we understand this, we will recognize that everyone exhibits faith. And in fact we must do so to function as limited human beings.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:25:30 AM
At 7/15/2014 6:58:38 AM, PureX wrote:

Almost no one has "absolute" faith in anything, because none of us has absolute knowledge of truth or reality. Those who claim that they do have "absolute" faith are just boasting on their ignorance, and are fooling themselves.

Faith is a matter of degrees, and of choosing what we will accept as truth. Once we understand this, we will recognize that everyone exhibits faith. And in fact we must do so to function as limited human beings.

You have no clue what "faith" means. You're like all the rest of the Christians who pretend to know something. Only us chosen saints and prophets understand what "faith" means.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:57:43 AM
At 7/15/2014 11:25:30 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 7/15/2014 6:58:38 AM, PureX wrote:

You have no clue what "faith" means. You're like all the rest of the Christians who pretend to know something. Only us chosen saints and prophets understand what "faith" means.

I understand the difference between faith and pretense, which is what the Bible idolaters think faith is. The truth is that they have to pretend their Bible is God because they have no faith in the real one.