Jump to topic:

Why is the bible cited as a source?

rings48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 1:20:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was thinking about this last night but I don't want to have a debate on it. I would just like others opinions.

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly equipped for all good works." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

The bible was inspired by god and contains the word of god, but was written on paper by man. Man is not perfect and a hundred instances can be shown where those in the, bible make mistakes in their journeys.

This is why to interpret the bible figuratively, not literally. They work to derive the meaning of the stories and how to become better people from the teachings of the bible.

Following that, the bible is not a scientific document and it never claims it is accuracy as such. It was meant "for instruction in righteousness".

Why is the Bible used then as proof for Intellectual Design or Creationism? Does not a figurative interpretation mean that ID and Creationism can not cite the bible?

Theistic Evolution even more greatly promotes that God plays a part in our world. He developed the creatures to what they are, created man out of monkey, promoted species to develop to be better adapted in the environment. This could even align with survival of the fittest, as God created evolutionary genes that made one bunny better than others, the other bunnies would breed less so the better bunnies became more populous.

Opinions?
skinker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 10:50:20 PM
The Bible is considered a religious authority because of Rome and Christianity. Without the Roman Empire becoming Christian and spreading Christianity around the world, the Bible would not be very well known as Jews weren't a big religious sect compared to pagans and their various religions. Because the Roman Empire fed Europe's growing power Christianity carried the Bible everywhere Europeans went so today the Bible is well-known religious authority--that it never deserved in itself but because of being God's pack horse instruction manual, God has seen to it the Bible information became famous worldwide. Without the Bible you can't decode the Celestial Torah information for example which is why Jesus said "no tittle will be lost" from the Bible verse needed to understand both Jesus Christ and the Celestial Torah.
skinker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 10:53:38 PM
These Debate sidebar ads are a nuisance. You see that geezer photoshopped onto a buff young man's body? He looks like a freak as if having muscles made your face young. I'd like to concentrate on posts and not be distracted by these sex ads.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 10:57:38 PM
At 7/15/2014 10:50:20 PM, skinker wrote:
The Bible is considered a religious authority because of Rome and Christianity. Without the Roman Empire becoming Christian and spreading Christianity around the world, the Bible would not be very well known as Jews weren't a big religious sect compared to pagans and their various religions. Because the Roman Empire fed Europe's growing power Christianity carried the Bible everywhere Europeans went so today the Bible is well-known religious authority--that it never deserved in itself but because of being God's pack horse instruction manual, God has seen to it the Bible information became famous worldwide. Without the Bible you can't decode the Celestial Torah information for example which is why Jesus said "no tittle will be lost" from the Bible verse needed to understand both Jesus Christ and the Celestial Torah.

Not one person who has read the Bible possesses the knowledge of God to understand it except the one who is writing this sentence. The Bible wasn't meant to be decoded by man. It can only be decoded by our invisible Creator by having His servant in the body of a saint read the prophecies so He can interpret them.

Christians have never decoded the prophecies and understood what they mean.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:23:23 PM
At 7/15/2014 10:57:38 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Not one person who has read the Bible possesses the knowledge of God to understand it except the one who is writing this sentence.

LMAO. Nobody understands anything about the Bible except Saint Brad, captain of the USS Schizo. What we all need to understand is that God singled Saint Brad out. He seemed to be a likely choice, since he was shacked up with a Spanish senorita at the time. As to why Saint Brad gets habitually trapped in his own deceptions and lies, well, there is no good explanation.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 11:56:55 PM
At 7/15/2014 11:23:23 PM, annanicole wrote:

Not one person who has read the Bible possesses the knowledge of God to understand it except the one who is writing this sentence.

LMAO. Nobody understands anything about the Bible except Saint Brad, captain of the USS Schizo. What we all need to understand is that God singled Saint Brad out. He seemed to be a likely choice, since he was shacked up with a Spanish senorita at the time. As to why Saint Brad gets habitually trapped in his own deceptions and lies, well, there is no good explanation.

Only God can interpret the prophecies by using His saints to read them for Him. Christians don't know God so they are on their own to interpret them. That's why there are so many different interpretations and denominations of Christianity today. I can easily see in this forum that you Christians can't agree on most issues. Everyone of you think you know something about what the Bible says but I know for a fact that the Bible cannot speak. You Christians speak for the Bible, not for our Creator.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 12:01:07 AM
At 7/15/2014 11:56:55 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Only God can interpret the prophecies by using His saints to read them for Him. Christians don't know God so they are on their own to interpret them. That's why there are so many different interpretations and denominations of Christianity today. I can easily see in this forum that you Christians can't agree on most issues. Everyone of you think you know something about what the Bible says but I know for a fact that the Bible cannot speak. You Christians speak for the Bible, not for our Creator.

I just said, "Nobody understands anything about the Bible except Saint Brad, captain of the USS Schizo." Is that true, or not?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 12:07:25 AM
At 7/16/2014 12:01:07 AM, annanicole wrote:

I just said, "Nobody understands anything about the Bible except Saint Brad, captain of the USS Schizo." Is that true, or not?

When you make a false statement and then try make someone answer a yes or no, or true and false to that false statement, you're asking for a lie. I don't answer those types of questions.

I made this statement above; "Only God can interpret the prophecies by using His saints to read them for Him"

Now make this statement and then ask me whether it's true or false.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 12:51:33 AM
At 7/16/2014 12:07:25 AM, bornofgod wrote:

When you make a false statement and then try make someone answer a yes or no, or true and false to that false statement, you're asking for a lie. I don't answer those types of questions.

I made this statement above; "Only God can interpret the prophecies by using His saints to read them for Him"

Give the names of "His saints" who are alive on the earth at the moment, and I'll ask it. I have a feeling we'll be right back to my former statement. Anyhow, go right ahead. The statement will become:

"Only God can interpret the prophecies by using Saint Brad, captain of the USS Schizo, to read them for Him"

Same difference.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 4:18:58 AM
At 7/16/2014 12:51:33 AM, annanicole wrote:

Give the names of "His saints" who are alive on the earth at the moment, and I'll ask it. I have a feeling we'll be right back to my former statement. Anyhow, go right ahead. The statement will become:

"Only God can interpret the prophecies by using Saint Brad, captain of the USS Schizo, to read them for Him"

Same difference.
Fortunately for us, psycho Brad will not apparently be around much longer to lie to us any more!

I count the Days to that mutually joyous outcome!

1. We will be happy & 2. he is finally making his god happy!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 9:09:58 AM

Same difference.

I have already told you that there hasn't been a saint on this planet in 1700 years until now. Your memory isn't very good, Anna.

You have to twist every statement by people you disagree with. This is how most Christians reject the Truth.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 9:24:36 AM
At 7/16/2014 9:09:58 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Same difference.

I have already told you that there hasn't been a saint on this planet in 1700 years until now. Your memory isn't very good, Anna.

You have to twist every statement by people you disagree with. This is how most Christians reject the Truth.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. Now answer the former question. It was accurate to begin with:

(Of course, we all know that Saint Brad does think that's true. HE will tell you what the prophesies mean.)
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 9:32:24 AM
At 7/16/2014 9:24:36 AM, annanicole wrote:

Same difference.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. Now answer the former question. It was accurate to begin with:

(Of course, we all know that Saint Brad does think that's true. HE will tell you what the prophesies mean.)

You've twisted the statement again. Saint Brad is only an illusion that will perish next January. The flesh that we perceive this world from is NOT our reality.

Repeat this phrase to me, then ask if it's true or false; "Our Creator is the ONLY ONE who can interpret the prophecies. "
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 9:47:49 AM
At 7/16/2014 9:32:24 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Same difference.

You've twisted the statement again. Saint Brad is only an illusion that will perish next January. The flesh that we perceive this world from is NOT our reality.

Repeat this phrase to me, then ask if it's true or false; "Our Creator is the ONLY ONE who can interpret the prophecies. "

Very well. Saint Brad thinks that God is the only one who can interpret the prophesies. Then why in the world should we listen to Saint Brad? But the Bible does not teach that "our Creator" is the only one who can interpret the prophesies.

"No prophecy of scripture ever comes about by the prophet's own imagination"
"No prophecy in Scripture will be found to have come from the prophet's own prompting"
"No prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet's own understanding,"

All it means is that the SOURCE of the prophesies is not the prophet's own guesses, his own prognostications.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 9:59:42 AM
At 7/16/2014 9:47:49 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 7/16/2014 9:32:24 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Same difference.

Very well. Saint Brad thinks that God is the only one who can interpret the prophesies. Then why in the world should we listen to Saint Brad? But the Bible does not teach that "our Creator" is the only one who can interpret the prophesies.

"No prophecy of scripture ever comes about by the prophet's own imagination"
"No prophecy in Scripture will be found to have come from the prophet's own prompting"
"No prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet's own understanding,"

All it means is that the SOURCE of the prophesies is not the prophet's own guesses, his own prognostications.

The Bible does NOT teach anything. Only our invisible Creator can teach us who we are because He's the Creator of ALL things.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:05:21 AM
The bible is cited as a source by people who don't know their elbow from their arsehole.

Simple really.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin