Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Who is God in the bible?

POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 6:23:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why do you think Jesus is God or the Holy ghost? why not consider the father is the only true God?
Never fart near dog
ChrisL
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 7:00:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/15/2014 6:23:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Why do you think Jesus is God or the Holy ghost? why not consider the father is the only true God?

The answer to your question is simple. The bible clearly identifies the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as Being divine in their nature.(Titus 2:13; 2Peter 1:1).In fact, the New Testament identifies Jesus and the Holy Spirit as YHWH (The name of God that is used nearly 7000 times in the Old Testament).(cross reference psalms 102:25-27 with Heb 1:10-12.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 7:25:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/15/2014 7:00:52 PM, ChrisL wrote:
At 7/15/2014 6:23:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Why do you think Jesus is God or the Holy ghost? why not consider the father is the only true God?


The answer to your question is simple. The bible clearly identifies the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as Being divine in their nature.(Titus 2:13; 2Peter 1:1).In fact, the New Testament identifies Jesus and the Holy Spirit as YHWH (The name of God that is used nearly 7000 times in the Old Testament).(cross reference psalms 102:25-27 with Heb 1:10-12.

Beside the Gospels Jesus represented as God, but in the Gospels he is more likely to be a messenger and not God. he always make a distinction between God and him self. my problem is he (Jesus) thought otherwise. he always saying my father is the true God and worship him, where in the Gospels Jesus say worship me and stuff like that...i have many examples but here some few:

Matthew 24:36
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Only the father means Jesus and the holy ghost are not including here. if you say the Holy ghost is also a God this is a contradiction.

In john 10:30, when the jews accused him with false charge (Jesus claiming to be God) Jesus dismiss their charge, and furthermore he makes a distinction:

Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law,: "I SAID, YOU ARE GODS "? 35"If he ("he" means God not Jesus, if Jesus was some part of God, he would include him self there) called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),"

When Jesus was praying for lazarus:
"Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me." 43 When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out."

So Jesus praying LOUDLY to the Father, and he always answering his prayers, for that they believe that the FATHER sent him, other words the father doing the works and the miracles not Jesus.

To be real honest its not because im muslim saying that, but the evidence is overwhelming i want to know why you reject this opinion? there are many more but let see what you think about these verses...
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 7:26:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/15/2014 7:00:52 PM, ChrisL wrote:
At 7/15/2014 6:23:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Why do you think Jesus is God or the Holy ghost? why not consider the father is the only true God?


The answer to your question is simple. The bible clearly identifies the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as Being divine in their nature.(Titus 2:13; 2Peter 1:1).In fact, the New Testament identifies Jesus and the Holy Spirit as YHWH (The name of God that is used nearly 7000 times in the Old Testament).(cross reference psalms 102:25-27 with Heb 1:10-12.

And please you have some verse about the holy ghost being God?
Never fart near dog
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 8:16:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/15/2014 6:23:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Why do you think Jesus is God or the Holy ghost? why not consider the father is the only true God?

John 7
13: Yet for fear of the Jews no one spoke openly of him.
14: About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and taught.
15: The Jews marveled at it, saying, "How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?"
16: So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me;

John 12
49: For I have not spoken on my own authority; the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak.

John 14
23: Jesus answered him, "If a man loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
24: He who does not love me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

Psalm 32
8: I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

Psalm 34
11: Come, O sons, listen to me, I will teach you the fear of the LORD.


John 3
12: If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2014 9:03:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/15/2014 8:18:45 PM, alex_heat wrote:
Kind of a n00b question but whatever.

Im proud to be a noob thanks :D
Never fart near dog