Jump to topic:

religious pluralism?

steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:19:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
it amazes me what people will believe. i feel like im living in a world full of grown up children. as children we believe whatever our parents tell us. like santa clause and the tooth fairy etc. then as adults we believe whatever our leaders tell us. jesus ala etc. people use their imaginations to defend their beliefs no matter how implausible their imaginative theories are. the only reason people believe in religious pluralism is because they cant believe that god would only give his word to a certain amount of people while everyone else is just screwed because they were born in the wrong place or with the wrong parents. religious pluralism is extremely implausible. if there were more than one way to god then why tell someone that unless they do a certain thing or things they wont go to heaven? why doesnt each religion have all the ways to god if they are all from the same god? why does each religion condemn every other religion? every religion contradicts every other religion therefore these are lies and they are not truths. if i said god exists and then said god doesnt exist then i lied to you. how come with religion they can do this and be considered truthful? there are some religions that say there are no gods there are some religions that say there is one god there are some religions that say there are multiple gods. they cant all be true. islam says jesus was merely a man while christianity says he was god incarnated. its ridiculous. grow up and stop believing in sugar plum fairies and that magical fairy dust is sprinkled all over everything. people who beleve shi* like this will believe anything and they will do whatever their leaders want them to do. in every fight there is at least one side in the wrong which is why you SHOULDNT fight for your country. if everyone refused to fight for their country there would be no war. if no one believed in religion and there was actually some truth to some religions then god would have to come up with a better way to communicate with us instead of feeding us 99.9 percent lies with like .1 percent truth. we shouldnt settle for that.
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:41:05 AM
At 7/18/2014 11:19:25 AM, steffon66 wrote:
it amazes me what people will believe. i feel like im living in a world full of grown up children. as children we believe whatever our parents tell us. like santa clause and the tooth fairy etc. then as adults we believe whatever our leaders tell us. jesus ala etc. people use their imaginations to defend their beliefs no matter how implausible their imaginative theories are. the only reason people believe in religious pluralism is because they cant believe that god would only give his word to a certain amount of people while everyone else is just screwed because they were born in the wrong place or with the wrong parents. religious pluralism is extremely implausible. if there were more than one way to god then why tell someone that unless they do a certain thing or things they wont go to heaven? why doesnt each religion have all the ways to god if they are all from the same god? why does each religion condemn every other religion? every religion contradicts every other religion therefore these are lies and they are not truths. if i said god exists and then said god doesnt exist then i lied to you. how come with religion they can do this and be considered truthful? there are some religions that say there are no gods there are some religions that say there is one god there are some religions that say there are multiple gods. they cant all be true. islam says jesus was merely a man while christianity says he was god incarnated. its ridiculous. grow up and stop believing in sugar plum fairies and that magical fairy dust is sprinkled all over everything. people who beleve shi* like this will believe anything and they will do whatever their leaders want them to do. in every fight there is at least one side in the wrong which is why you SHOULDNT fight for your country. if everyone refused to fight for their country there would be no war. if no one believed in religion and there was actually some truth to some religions then god would have to come up with a better way to communicate with us instead of feeding us 99.9 percent lies with like .1 percent truth. we shouldnt settle for that.

I don't think many people believe that multiple religions, much less all, are true. Religious pluralism is indeed contradictory, and most people just say/talk about it to not offend other religion's followers. Some people believe that as long as you were a good person it doesn't matter that religion you follow, but actually believing in multiple religions is more of a headache then anything else. IMO the true purpose of talking about religious pluralism is basically co-existence.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:54:18 AM

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Praesent in aliquet odio. Etiam fermentum placerat ante, ac pretium augue sodales ac. Donec sed sapien ac libero mattis molestie id eget enim. Sed quis lacinia elit. Pellentesque eget aliquam tellus. Duis dapibus lacinia leo, a vulputate arcu ornare in. Morbi vitae cursus augue. Donec urna massa, luctus vel rutrum in, egestas ac purus. Phasellus ac est pretium, aliquet justo in, vehicula neque. Nulla feugiat eu purus id lacinia. Praesent auctor nisl vitae leo mollis aliquet. Phasellus porttitor tortor id dolor rhoncus cursus. Sed porta pulvinar ullamcorper. Morbi a malesuada nunc, sed placerat tellus. Maecenas viverra eget dui vel sodales. Sed ipsum nisl, varius id odio in, aliquet eleifend risus. Vestibulum et accumsan dolor. In ullamcorper ultrices metus id dignissim. Curabitur non nunc placerat, tincidunt justo eget, congue lacus. Nunc ac nunc pharetra odio accumsan congue. Suspendisse ultrices faucibus felis. Suspendisse hendrerit felis vel dolor vestibulum, a mollis tortor molestie. Nunc at rhoncus nisi, adipiscing facilisis sem. Nullam bibendum eget sapien id condimentum. Quisque ullamcorper, erat sit amet elementum congue, dui nulla imperdiet lorem, non egestas nunc libero id magna. Donec vitae dictum dolor. Sed sed felis vel dolor rhoncus consectetur sed in turpis. Nulla non eleifend quam. Nam nulla velit, tincidunt et lobortis et, egestas eget metus. Vivamus dictum mauris id elit luctus elementum. Praesent consequat lacus a mollis auctor. Cras id pellentesque velit. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut ac feugiat libero. Sed eleifend sodales purus, quis sodales sapien euismod quis. Mauris erat urna, dictum et sollicitudin quis, varius at enim. Cras convallis quam quis augue pretium, sit amet condimentum ipsum condimentum. Sed malesuada, ligula at commodo sollicitudin, metus elit dapibus magna, imperdiet tincidunt enim ante a felis. Curabitur nec sodales libero. Praesent arcu ipsum, pharetra et odio eleifend, euismod posuere est. Suspendisse sit amet nisi id lorem varius vehicula eu in lacus. Praesent laoreet justo odio, et congue augue suscipit quis. Cras eget ornare justo, quis feugiat orci. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:57:14 AM
At 7/18/2014 11:54:18 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Praesent in aliquet odio. Etiam fermentum placerat ante, ac pretium augue sodales ac. Donec sed sapien ac libero mattis molestie id eget enim. Sed quis lacinia elit. Pellentesque eget aliquam tellus. Duis dapibus lacinia leo, a vulputate arcu ornare in. Morbi vitae cursus augue. Donec urna massa, luctus vel rutrum in, egestas ac purus. Phasellus ac est pretium, aliquet justo in, vehicula neque. Nulla feugiat eu purus id lacinia. Praesent auctor nisl vitae leo mollis aliquet. Phasellus porttitor tortor id dolor rhoncus cursus. Sed porta pulvinar ullamcorper. Morbi a malesuada nunc, sed placerat tellus. Maecenas viverra eget dui vel sodales. Sed ipsum nisl, varius id odio in, aliquet eleifend risus. Vestibulum et accumsan dolor. In ullamcorper ultrices metus id dignissim. Curabitur non nunc placerat, tincidunt justo eget, congue lacus. Nunc ac nunc pharetra odio accumsan congue. Suspendisse ultrices faucibus felis. Suspendisse hendrerit felis vel dolor vestibulum, a mollis tortor molestie. Nunc at rhoncus nisi, adipiscing facilisis sem. Nullam bibendum eget sapien id condimentum. Quisque ullamcorper, erat sit amet elementum congue, dui nulla imperdiet lorem, non egestas nunc libero id magna. Donec vitae dictum dolor. Sed sed felis vel dolor rhoncus consectetur sed in turpis. Nulla non eleifend quam. Nam nulla velit, tincidunt et lobortis et, egestas eget metus. Vivamus dictum mauris id elit luctus elementum. Praesent consequat lacus a mollis auctor. Cras id pellentesque velit. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut ac feugiat libero. Sed eleifend sodales purus, quis sodales sapien euismod quis. Mauris erat urna, dictum et sollicitudin quis, varius at enim. Cras convallis quam quis augue pretium, sit amet condimentum ipsum condimentum. Sed malesuada, ligula at commodo sollicitudin, metus elit dapibus magna, imperdiet tincidunt enim ante a felis. Curabitur nec sodales libero. Praesent arcu ipsum, pharetra et odio eleifend, euismod posuere est. Suspendisse sit amet nisi id lorem varius vehicula eu in lacus. Praesent laoreet justo odio, et congue augue suscipit quis. Cras eget ornare justo, quis feugiat orci. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos.

i speak english dude. obviously... you just read what i said in ENGLISH.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 12:00:47 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:41:05 AM, Brendan21 wrote:

I don't think many people believe that multiple religions, much less all, are true. Religious pluralism is indeed contradictory, and most people just say/talk about it to not offend other religion's followers. Some people believe that as long as you were a good person it doesn't matter that religion you follow, but actually believing in multiple religions is more of a headache then anything else. IMO the true purpose of talking about religious pluralism is basically co-existence.

i think a better alternative to co existence would be to not talk about religion. why make yourself look stupid and piss off rational people to coexist. that doesnt help people coexist with me. they are still at odds with other people like atheists and agnostics.
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 12:16:16 PM
At 7/18/2014 12:00:47 PM, steffon66 wrote:

i think a better alternative to co existence would be to not talk about religion. why make yourself look stupid and piss off rational people to coexist. that doesnt help people coexist with me. they are still at odds with other people like atheists and agnostics.

I agree 100%, trying to preach or even talk about one's religious beliefs in an formal environment is useless, and usually does more harm then good. Religion has a hidden agenda of converting people to that religion, that this is why organized religion as a whole is a great failure for humanity. What religious people tend to forget or ignore is that they have no way of proving they are correct, so going on about religion is beyond inappropriate in any meaningful discussion. However, looking at it objectively, they also believe just as adamantly that if we don't convert our souls are in danger, which we say we don't care about. IMO it is more of social problem than anything else, because just like drugs and certain other taboos, its people's misinformation or acceptable of what they'd like to be true over facts and logical reasoning that lead to problems greater than the alternative to just mind your own business and life your own life.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 12:28:02 PM
At 7/18/2014 12:16:16 PM, Brendan21 wrote:

I agree 100%, trying to preach or even talk about one's religious beliefs in an formal environment is useless, and usually does more harm then good. Religion has a hidden agenda of converting people to that religion, that this is why organized religion as a whole is a great failure for humanity. What religious people tend to forget or ignore is that they have no way of proving they are correct, so going on about religion is beyond inappropriate in any meaningful discussion. However, looking at it objectively, they also believe just as adamantly that if we don't convert our souls are in danger, which we say we don't care about. IMO it is more of social problem than anything else, because just like drugs and certain other taboos, its people's misinformation or acceptable of what they'd like to be true over facts and logical reasoning that lead to problems greater than the alternative to just mind your own business and life your own life.

yea your right it is stupid for two religious people to argue about their faiths while they have no proof or logic behind their faiths. but what does IMO mean?
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 1:39:26 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:57:14 AM, steffon66 wrote:

No, I didn't read it because apparently you skipped the day they taught about paragraphs.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 1:46:57 PM
At 7/18/2014 1:39:26 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

No, I didn't read it because apparently you skipped the day they taught about paragraphs.

no i didnt im just dont take the time to do proper grammar. what does it matter if you can understand what i am saying? you just have no good response because the only flaw you see with what i said is in my grammar. you have no rebuttal do you?
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 2:48:09 PM
At 7/18/2014 1:46:57 PM, steffon66 wrote:

no i didnt im just dont take the time to do proper grammar. what does it matter if you can understand what i am saying? you just have no good response because the only flaw you see with what i said is in my grammar. you have no rebuttal do you?

No, because your post is difficult to read so I didn't read it.
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 2:51:14 PM
At 7/18/2014 12:28:02 PM, steffon66 wrote:

yea your right it is stupid for two religious people to argue about their faiths while they have no proof or logic behind their faiths. but what does IMO mean?

IMO means In My Opinion.
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 2:54:59 PM
At 7/18/2014 2:48:09 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Its actually not if you've ever read any kind of document or book known to man-kind in the English language, and why bother posting your useless and troll-like comment at all besides to derail a thread for no reason.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 3:35:28 PM
At 7/18/2014 2:51:14 PM, Brendan21 wrote:
At 7/18/2014 12:28:02 PM, steffon66 wrote:

IMO means In My Opinion.

oh never heard anyone say imo instead of in my opinion.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 3:40:14 PM
At 7/18/2014 2:54:59 PM, Brendan21 wrote:
At 7/18/2014 2:48:09 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Its actually not if you've ever read any kind of document or book known to man-kind in the English language, and why bother posting your useless and troll-like comment at all besides to derail a thread for no reason.

that doesnt make sense as a response to the last thing i said so i dont know what your talking about. and i thought you didnt read it. how do you know its useless and toll like if you havent read it. i dont even know what you mean by that. troll like. good to see a christian who is so christ like though. (sarcasm)
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 6:17:18 PM
-snip-

It is apparent that you have not thoroughly studied the topic of religious pluralism in order to legitimately condemn it.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 7:29:56 PM

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at how weak your objections to Religious Pluralism are, considering that you don't even seem to understand what it is in the first place...
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 10:39:13 PM
At 7/18/2014 7:29:56 PM, Romanii wrote:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at how weak your objections to Religious Pluralism are, considering that you don't even seem to understand what it is in the first place...

Now that you've posted in this thread, I actually wanted to hear how you respond when people try to point out the contradictions between reincarnation (in Hinduism or Buddhism) and Christian viewpoints of the afterlife.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 1:14:01 AM
At 7/18/2014 10:39:13 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

Now that you've posted in this thread, I actually wanted to hear how you respond when people try to point out the contradictions between reincarnation (in Hinduism or Buddhism) and Christian viewpoints of the afterlife.

Here is something I wrote a while ago in response to a similar inquiry...

"What you are describing is the contradiction between the afterlife system in Abrahamic faiths (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) and Eastern religions (Hinduism, theistic Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism).

Abrahamic faiths say that you live once, are judged, and are sent on into the afterlife. Now, they also say that depending on how you lived and how you are judged, you either end up in Heaven or Hell, but they are never clear about what exactly those things are.

Eastern religions, on the other hand, say that Hell is being stuck in the cycle of reincarnation, separated from God, entrenched in the material world, while Heaven is eventual escape from the cycle and union with God. However, it does maintain that each life is a chance to get into Heaven, with the same concept of judgement (by Karmic law) at the end of each life, with a good life allowing for Heaven (Union with God) and a bad life warranting going to Hell (back into the cycle of reincarnation).

Thus, the only thing we are really looking at here is a difference in the number of chances given to a human soul in getting to Heaven. Eastern religions say that there are an infinite number of chances to get into Heaven. Abrahamic religions do NOT necessarily preach against more than one chance being given. In fact the existence of an all-loving God would REQUIRE multiple chances. The only difference is that Abrahamic faiths choose to concentrate only on THIS chance, while Eastern religions acknowledge the existence of further lives/chances.

In conclusion, the two systems of afterlife really aren't that different, possibly even compatible, representing different aspects of the same divine reality.

More curious similarities that add to the likelihood of this theory:

-Abrahamic faiths say that humans are sinful and are doomed for Hell anyways. Eastern religions also say that humans are sinful, but they take it a step further and say that they are ALREADY in Hell by living in the material world, separated from God. Not that big a difference, and another hint of a single divine reality.

-ALL religions have the same basic method for getting into Heaven: faith in God, prayer/meditation, moral conduct, and Love."

There are almost certainly some flaws with it, but this is the best I could come up with based on what I know of various religions' doctrines. (This is that part where you use your awesome Baha'i book to correct and enlighten me :D)
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 9:40:07 AM
At 7/19/2014 1:14:01 AM, Romanii wrote:

I like your response, but I have a question.

Eastern religions, on the other hand, say that Hell is being stuck in the cycle of reincarnation, separated from God, entrenched in the material world, while Heaven is eventual escape from the cycle and union with God. However, it does maintain that each life is a chance to get into Heaven, with the same concept of judgement (by Karmic law) at the end of each life, with a good life allowing for Heaven (Union with God) and a bad life warranting going to Hell (back into the cycle of reincarnation).

I haven't been able to find any verses or quotes from Buddhism or Hinduism that would state we eventually return toward God after repeated cycles. Do you know of any?

Thus, the only thing we are really looking at here is a difference in the number of chances given to a human soul in getting to Heaven. Eastern religions say that there are an infinite number of chances to get into Heaven. Abrahamic religions do NOT necessarily preach against more than one chance being given.

Among the verses I do know, I've found that there is nothing that says we necessarily are reborn on this earth in our same physical bodies. This appears to be an interpretation among believers. For example:

"Just as in the physical body of the embodied being is the process of childhood, youth, old age; similarly in the transmigration from one body to another the wise are never deluded."

(I have seen a somewhat different translations of this, but it's pretty much the same meaning.) It simply mentions the transmigration from one body to another. Not necessarily a physical body limited to this earth, but simply a body. In fact, it just uses a physical body as an analogy to represent this process, implying it might be worldly. So perhaps reincarnation really is the 'rebirth' of the soul, just not in this world. Instead, it's in the next world. Here is a link with plenty more verses:

http://www.bhagavad-gita.org...

In fact the existence of an all-loving God would REQUIRE multiple chances. The only difference is that Abrahamic faiths choose to concentrate only on THIS chance, while Eastern religions acknowledge the existence of further lives/chances.

Why would it require multiple chances? I actually disagree with this.

-ALL religions have the same basic method for getting into Heaven: faith in God, prayer/meditation, moral conduct, and Love."

There are almost certainly some flaws with it, but this is the best I could come up with based on what I know of various religions' doctrines. (This is that part where you use your awesome Baha'i book to correct and enlighten me :D)

Actually I'm still trying to study this myself so yeah xD
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 9:53:56 AM

Instead of complaining about what everyone else believes, what do you believe?
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:38:11 AM
At 7/19/2014 9:53:56 AM, bornofgod wrote:

i dont know what to believe. i highly doubt there is a god who would do this to us and i hope there isnt because if he will do this to us in this life what will he do to us in the next life. i dont want to spend eternity kissing gods feet telling him how great he is. and thats being optomistic as it will probably be much worse than that if god exists. all i know is i never asked to be here and most of the time i wish i was never born. i dont think the pleasure in life is worth the possibility of pain and misery not to mention not everyone gets pleasure out of things. i think it would be a good thing if an astroid hit earth because life on earth in my opinion is not a good thing and though youd be ending the lives of people who are happy, ending the suffering of those who are miserable is more important .
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 10:50:53 AM
At 7/19/2014 10:38:11 AM, steffon66 wrote:

i dont know what to believe. i highly doubt there is a god who would do this to us and i hope there isnt because if he will do this to us in this life what will he do to us in the next life. i dont want to spend eternity kissing gods feet telling him how great he is. and thats being optomistic as it will probably be much worse than that if god exists. all i know is i never asked to be here and most of the time i wish i was never born. i dont think the pleasure in life is worth the possibility of pain and misery not to mention not everyone gets pleasure out of things. i think it would be a good thing if an astroid hit earth because life on earth in my opinion is not a good thing and though youd be ending the lives of people who are happy, ending the suffering of those who are miserable is more important .

I'm going to add you as a friend so we can talk in private. I'll share some knowledge with you about the future age to come after this world is destroyed soon, but not by an asteroid. An asteroid could be used to start the process of the whole earth shaking violently until the hot molten lava melts the entire crust of the earth but it's not what I've been taught directly by our Creator.

I am not a religious man. I was chosen by our Creator to be taught the deeper meanings of who we are in Him. Everything you observe in this world is what deceived His people from our true reality. Scientists are just as deceived as religious people on this planet so they can't help you understand what I know for a fact.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 11:26:02 AM
At 7/19/2014 10:50:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I'm going to add you as a friend so we can talk in private. I'll share some knowledge with you about the future age to come after this world is destroyed soon, but not by an asteroid. An asteroid could be used to start the process of the whole earth shaking violently until the hot molten lava melts the entire crust of the earth but it's not what I've been taught directly by our Creator.

I am not a religious man. I was chosen by our Creator to be taught the deeper meanings of who we are in Him. Everything you observe in this world is what deceived His people from our true reality. Scientists are just as deceived as religious people on this planet so they can't help you understand what I know for a fact.

well it sounds a little crazy but ill bite. how are you any different than the millions of other people who thought they were chosen by a creator to teach us about the afterlife and moral issues. and science facts dont contradict other science facts while religious truths contradict other religious truths so id say that religious people are more confused than scientists.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 11:33:45 AM

whatever. if my arguments are so week where is your rebuttal. and religious pluralism is the belief that there is more than one way to god (even though every religion says there is only one way) and that all religions are from god. these religions contradict each other and i highly doubt that god would want to lie to us and contradict himself to cause controversy and conflict. i highly doubt that a perfect god would be for slavery. i highly doubt that a perfect god would create a child with cleff chin however thats spelled.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 11:54:11 AM
At 7/19/2014 11:33:45 AM, steffon66 wrote:

whatever. if my arguments are so week where is your rebuttal.

http://www.debate.org...

and religious pluralism is the belief that there is more than one way to god (even though every religion says there is only one way) and that all religions are from god. these religions contradict each other and i highly doubt that god would want to lie to us and contradict himself to cause controversy and conflict.

Ever considered that all those contradictions and all the resulting "controversy and conflict" might be man's own doing?

i highly doubt that a perfect god would be for slavery. i highly doubt that a perfect god would create a child with cleff chin however thats spelled.

That's PoE.... not an objection to Religious Pluralism...
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 12:14:22 PM
At 7/19/2014 11:54:11 AM, Romanii wrote:

and religious pluralism is the belief that there is more than one way to god (even though every religion says there is only one way) and that all religions are from god. these religions contradict each other and i highly doubt that god would want to lie to us and contradict himself to cause controversy and conflict.

Ever considered that all those contradictions and all the resulting "controversy and conflict" might be man's own doing?

i highly doubt that a perfect god would be for slavery. i highly doubt that a perfect god would create a child with cleff chin however thats spelled.

yea im fully convinced that it is mans doing. i think religion was created by man. are you gona state more of the obvious because if so i can just have this conversation with myself.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 1:18:57 PM
At 7/19/2014 9:40:07 AM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 7/19/2014 1:14:01 AM, Romanii wrote:

I like your response, but I have a question.

I haven't been able to find any verses or quotes from Buddhism or Hinduism that would state we eventually return toward God after repeated cycles. Do you know of any?

I haven't actually studied their scriptures much...
But both religions do have a concept of "nirvana", which essentially means re-union with God.
http://science.howstuffworks.com... (such a reliable source :P)

Thus, the only thing we are really looking at here is a difference in the number of chances given to a human soul in getting to Heaven. Eastern religions say that there are an infinite number of chances to get into Heaven. Abrahamic religions do NOT necessarily preach against more than one chance being given.

Among the verses I do know, I've found that there is nothing that says we necessarily are reborn on this earth in our same physical bodies. This appears to be an interpretation among believers. For example:

"Just as in the physical body of the embodied being is the process of childhood, youth, old age; similarly in the transmigration from one body to another the wise are never deluded."

(I have seen a somewhat different translations of this, but it's pretty much the same meaning.) It simply mentions the transmigration from one body to another. Not necessarily a physical body limited to this earth, but simply a body. In fact, it just uses a physical body as an analogy to represent this process, implying it might be worldly. So perhaps reincarnation really is the 'rebirth' of the soul, just not in this world. Instead, it's in the next world. Here is a link with plenty more verses:

http://www.bhagavad-gita.org...

Yeah, Eastern religions say that the soul is re-born into a different body every time, right?

In fact the existence of an all-loving God would REQUIRE multiple chances. The only difference is that Abrahamic faiths choose to concentrate only on THIS chance, while Eastern religions acknowledge the existence of further lives/chances.

Why would it require multiple chances? I actually disagree with this.

I do not believe that an all-merciful God can logically allow for eternal punishment (i.e. eternal separation from God).

Actually I'm still trying to study this myself so yeah xD
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 1:20:17 PM
At 7/19/2014 12:14:22 PM, steffon66 wrote:
At 7/19/2014 11:54:11 AM, Romanii wrote:

yea im fully convinced that it is mans doing. i think religion was created by man. are you gona state more of the obvious because if so i can just have this conversation with myself.

I have an aversion to futility.
Good bye.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 1:49:15 PM
At 7/19/2014 11:26:02 AM, steffon66 wrote:
At 7/19/2014 10:50:53 AM, bornofgod wrote:

well it sounds a little crazy but ill bite. how are you any different than the millions of other people who thought they were chosen by a creator to teach us about the afterlife and moral issues. and science facts dont contradict other science facts while religious truths contradict other religious truths so id say that religious people are more confused than scientists.

If you've noticed, physicists are becoming at odds with each other. That's because they are guessing beyond what their mathematical language can give them. They all agreed with each other when the mathematics brought them to the conclusion that an atomic element are made up of various particles that could be measured but now that they concede that particles only exist when measured or observed and turn back to waves when not observed or measured, they now have to guess.

Guessing is NOT knowing the Truth of who we really are. Anyone can guess but only a few of us were taught directly by the Creator of these illusory particles.

God began teaching me about these particles by having me imagine an atom being blown up to the size of a basketball. Then He told me to imagine being in the center of that basketball. As I pictures myself in the center of that globe, He told me that He was still there.

Then He told me to imagine the atom as the size of the earth. He told me that He was still in the center of that earth sized atom.

The last part of that vision, had me imagine the atom as the size of the known universe ( 14.5 billion light years from earth to the outer reaches of our telescopes ) and then told me that in the center of that globe, He was still there.

A couple years later, after bringing me pieces of information by people who came to me to listen to the knowledge from God that I shared with them, He began to teach me deeper knowledge about these illusory particles. He took me away in a vision and here's how the vision unfolded;

The vision started by me looking at my arm. From my perspective, I became smaller and smaller. As I kept getting smaller and smaller, I saw various layers of tissue until I saw individual cells. I finally got small enough to see a whirling glob of particles ( what I perceived to be an atom ). From that point of view, God kept making my perspective smaller and smaller. He had me try reach one of these particles but the closer and smaller I got, that one particle broke up into many more particles. The closer I got to one of those smaller particles, it would break up into even more particles.

Then He had me look around and all I saw was a universe full of lighted objects that I could never reach. He was showing me that it's impossible to touch these particles or contain them in some way. I didn't totally understand what this vision meant other than I couldn't touch these particles.

In January of this year, 1 1/2 years after the vision he was using to teach me I couldn't reach these particles, He had me start watching quantum physicists in Youtube videos. This is when I began to learn what physicists already knew. That these particles couldn't be contained. I was excited to hear these people talk about something that our Creator taught me directly. I understood them clearly except the mathematical language they had to use to learn about these particles. But whenever they used analogies to describe what they know to us laymen who didn't understand the language of mathematics, I understood them very well.

Now that I have backing by quantum physicists besides the prophecies that were written thousands of years ago, God has finally taught me that everything we observe is only a dream. Nothing we observe and sense with our many senses is real. It's only a dream that will end soon. Then we go on to the next visions and dreams that our Creator has planned for us to experience. He has taught me many things about how we'll be experiencing life in our new visions and dreams.

Another analogy God used to teach me how He created us was by using the computer program called, "The Sims". Here's some information about it; http://en.wikipedia.org...

This game was put together in the invisible mind first as invisible thoughts. Everything that's built has to be planned within the mind first. This means every illusion starts out in the invisible realm that we can't see. These thoughts have to be converted into a language that the computer processor can read and change that into languages we human can understand such as pictures on a computer monitor, printed language on paper, robotic movements, sounds heard from speakers, etc.

The programmers who worked on the Sims game had to plan what they wanted to see on a computer monitor before they put together 0's and 1's in a binary code that the computer processor needs to read before these images could be viewed on a monitor. All the characters, objects they build and use and their life experiences all started out as invisible thoughts. Then these characters became invisible information stored on a CD-ROM. Scientists are now storing digital information in DNA and retrieving it. Check out this website; http://physicsworld.com...

Our Creator's been teaching me that information doesn't have to be stored on any visible object. All information was already created by Him and stored as invisible vibrations.

So think of us created beings as characters in the Sims computer game. We can only experience being a character as this information is being processed. This is when we observe time, space and matter, but not until invisible vibrations are processed into information we can understand.

Each wavelength has a high and low pitch, which is needed for a bit of information. This is the lowest form of information that exists but since it's invisible, there has to be many wavelengths put in one wave ( vibrations, or quantum wave ) that has to be processed into other languages that we created beings can understand.

Each quantum wave is a picture of information ( imagine a picture of you running down a hill ). When millions of these pictures are observed by you as an observer ( created being ) you will experience yourself running down the hill, but only as one picture at a time, observed about 24 pictures a second, if you think of time as being real.

In order to understand quantum waves being processed into life experiences, our Creator used motion pictures ( cinema ) to help me understand that the move industry set a standard of 24 frames per second as a comfortable viewing range. If it's processed slower than this, we see flickers of light and darkness, which can get uncomfortable. But if these pictures are processed much faster as we do today in digital motion pictures, the objects get too intense for most people to observe. It can get tiring to watch this much information being processed because we're not made to experience life on this level yet.

In the next age, we will experience movement at rates way beyond what we can comprehend today. Our senses will work at 100 % at all times. This means that no one will be blind, hard of hearing, or can't feel objects like most normal people can. My left foot has limited feelings because of a back operation that severed the nerves to it. In the next age, our new bodies ( illusions ) won't be like the one's we experience today. Our senses will be made much differently. In fact, we won't have to go to the bathroom because our bodies won't need any internal organs. Remember, we're only illusions like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and other images we see on the video screens.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 2:18:15 PM
their theories contradict each other but their facts do not so i still have to say that they are not as confused as religious people. just because you dont know everything doesnt mean your confused it means your ignorant. there is nothing wrong with theorizing. without theories we wouldnt have any facts. at least scientific theories have evidence to support them unlike religious theories and even religious "truths". and you are one of thousands of people who say they were taught by the creator directly and you all contradict each other so i have to call that mental illness or lies. and you think life is just a dream? who cares its real enough and i dont want to believe that we are going to have another "dream" after this one. i never asked your god to put me here on earth or in this "dream" so if he exists he should do the right thing and put me back out of existence and out of my misery. you would ask me not to believe religion and to believe you but like religion you too offer no evidence that you are taught directly by god. so i cant believe you.