Jump to topic:

What is your spiritual gift?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 10:19:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Bible says that God gave us gifts to edify the church. I believe i have the gift of revelation of being able to know of God's truth and will. I'm trying to use it to bless and help people know God better. Having spiritual gifts is such a great honor and responsibility to use God's divine power to help build each other up. What is your spiritual gift and how can you help others?
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 10:42:40 PM
At 7/18/2014 10:19:04 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
The Bible says that God gave us gifts to edify the church. I believe i have the gift of revelation of being able to know of God's truth and will. I'm trying to use it to bless and help people know God better. Having spiritual gifts is such a great honor and responsibility to use God's divine power to help build each other up. What is your spiritual gift and how can you help others?

What are the most common gifts, if that is within your knowledge? I'm honestly curious.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:05:01 PM

Either the gift of healing or the gift of prophecy. But don't forget, we all have access to all the spiritual gifts because we all have the same Spirit.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:08:48 PM

If you believe you have the gift of revelation, then you should know what I know about the future. Tell me about how we'll be living in Paradise after this world is destroyed by our Creator?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:19:19 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:05:01 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Either the gift of healing or the gift of prophecy. But don't forget, we all have access to all the spiritual gifts because we all have the same Spirit.

Amen
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:21:03 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:19:19 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Amen

I guess I help people with it by bringing them face to face with how much God loves them. I wish I stepped out more often.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:24:40 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:21:03 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Amen

I guess I help people with it by bringing them face to face with how much God loves them. I wish I stepped out more often.

That's the most important gift :)
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:25:36 PM

Not one Christian has the gift of healing or prophecy. Only God can heal and force His prophets and saints to write prophecies and speak for Him.

1 John 2:
3: And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

Not one Christian has ever been able to keep God's commandments. They are all liars.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:25:57 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:08:48 PM, bornofgod wrote:

If you believe you have the gift of revelation, then you should know what I know about the future. Tell me about how we'll be living in Paradise after this world is destroyed by our Creator?

I can only tell you if God shows me according to his will and power.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:26:08 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:24:40 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/18/2014 11:21:03 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Amen

That's the most important gift :)

I can't take credit for it. Besides, they are all important.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:27:16 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:25:36 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Not one Christian has the gift of healing or prophecy. Only God can heal and force His prophets and saints to write prophecies and speak for Him.

You are right, healing only comes through the power of God. It's definitely not me who does it.

1 John 2:
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

Not one Christian has ever been able to keep God's commandments. They are all liars.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:37:56 PM

I believe you have the gift of denial and separation from reality. Seriously, if you keep this up you'll end up as pathetic and mentally ill as bornofgod.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:39:11 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:25:57 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

You have to hear the voice of the Lord and obey ALL His commandments before He'll begin teaching you the past, present and future and how He created us.

Have you ever heard His voice within His mind?

Has He ever spoken a command for you to obey?

If not, then you don't know who our invisible Creator is.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:40:22 PM

the gift of healing and prophecy are amazing gifts, it's such an amazing thing when you can be healed by God and your faith is strengthened and same with prophecy. When God promises you with something that will enable you to have hope and faith in his Word. Prophecy can also be terrible. I heard of prophets who predicted people's deaths and punishment for sin for refusal to repent.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:40:35 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:27:16 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/18/2014 11:25:36 PM, bornofgod wrote:

You are right, healing only comes through the power of God. It's definitely not me who does it.

1 John 2:

Anyone who says he can heal or interpret a prophecy is a liar.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:42:50 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:39:11 PM, bornofgod wrote:

You have to hear the voice of the Lord and obey ALL His commandments before He'll begin teaching you the past, present and future and how He created us.

I have heard his voice through Jesus Christ and his command to love him and others
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:42:59 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:37:56 PM, Beastt wrote:

I believe you have the gift of denial and separation from reality. Seriously, if you keep this up you'll end up as pathetic and mentally ill as bornofgod.

Most religious people thought God's saints of the first three centuries were pathetic and mentally ill, too. Religious people didn't understand anything they spoke. That's why they had all the saints killed for their testimonies to the Word of God.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:45:38 PM
The Bible says that God gave us gifts to edify the church. I believe i have the gift of revelation of being able to know of God's truth and will. I'm trying to use it to bless and help people know God better. Having spiritual gifts is such a great honor and responsibility to use God's divine power to help build each other up. What is youbyr spiritual gift and how can you help others?

Go ahead BoG, explain EXACTLY how God created us. Give us an in-depth, detailed account explaining the specific mechanisms and how it all works to violate the very structure of the universe itself. And when you can't... seek help - professional help.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 11:54:39 PM
At 7/18/2014 11:45:38 PM, Beastt wrote:
The Bible says that God gave us gifts to edify the church. I believe i have the gift of revelation of being able to know of God's truth and will. I'm trying to use it to bless and help people know God better. Having spiritual gifts is such a great honor and responsibility to use God's divine power to help build each other up. What is youbyr spiritual gift and how can you help others?

Go ahead BoG, explain EXACTLY how God created us. Give us an in-depth, detailed account explaining the specific mechanisms and how it all works to violate the very structure of the universe itself. And when you can't... seek help - professional help.

There is no real universe where we all exist. We exist as invisible vibrations that don't take up any space or exist as matter. Time is only observed as information ( vibrations ) is being processed into moving illusions.

These vibrations are God's invisible thoughts, also known as His Word, or Voice.

In other words, we exist in God's dream.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 12:00:46 AM
At 7/18/2014 11:54:39 PM, bornofgod wrote:

There is no real universe where we all exist. We exist as invisible vibrations that don't take up any space or exist as matter. Time is only observed as information ( vibrations ) is being processed into moving illusions.

These vibrations are God's invisible thoughts, also known as His Word, or Voice.

Then let's see what happens when we use hydraulic presses to squeeze you into a 1-inch cube. And if we're just imaginary characters in God's dreams, then we have to blame God for anything bad that we do, because "God made us do it".
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 12:07:16 AM
At 7/19/2014 12:00:46 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/18/2014 11:54:39 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Then let's see what happens when we use hydraulic presses to squeeze you into a 1-inch cube. And if we're just imaginary characters in God's dreams, then we have to blame God for anything bad that we do, because "God made us do it".

I blame God for everything, including death, decay, destruction, disease, wars, earthquakes, weather, abortions, gays, hate, love, etc.