Meditation on Deut. 6:5

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 3:49:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Deut. 6:5

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."

Love in Hebrew thought means "to commit yourself to" and it comes from a root word "to give." You know the reason why relationships, friendships, etc. fail? It's because people don't give. People want to get and get and get until they are full of vanity, of selfishness, greed, lust, and this is why evil reigns in the world. When you give in a relationship, especially in your relationship with God, the other person receives that love and they will give it back to you because they have committed to you and once that happens, there is complete harmony.

The name of God is YHWH (Jews replaced the name with LORD Adonai to revere his holy name)

The heart is the emotions, thoughts, and the will of the person. The soul is the whole person, the body, the emotions, mind, feelings, thoughts, everything. strength in Hebrew means muchness (what you have in your possession.)

Jesus emphasized the importance of this commandment because it is the most important commandment. In the Jewish mind, everything from fulfilling responsibilities to worship to loving our neighbors is spiritually being connected with God. I pray that God would show me the value of God in each of us because we are wonderfully made in his image and have a heart that breaks and feels compassion for my fellow man. When we love each other in the same way Christ loved us, we love God. The idols surrounding the historical setting in this chapter demanded their desires to be met, but God is honored when we honor others. When we make the commitment to use our emotions, thoughts, our abilities, our passions, money, etc. to obey him by the power of the Holy Spirit, we become powerful and righteous walking reflections of Jesus. We become leaders full of God's light with a burning passion for God and we are free of hatred, anger, bitterness, and everything that pollutes us.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 8:18:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/19/2014 3:49:59 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Deut. 6:5

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."

Love in Hebrew thought means "to commit yourself to" and it comes from a root word "to give." You know the reason why relationships, friendships, etc. fail? It's because people don't give. People want to get and get and get until they are full of vanity, of selfishness, greed, lust, and this is why evil reigns in the world. When you give in a relationship, especially in your relationship with God, the other person receives that love and they will give it back to you because they have committed to you and once that happens, there is complete harmony.

The name of God is YHWH (Jews replaced the name with LORD Adonai to revere his holy name)

The heart is the emotions, thoughts, and the will of the person. The soul is the whole person, the body, the emotions, mind, feelings, thoughts, everything. strength in Hebrew means muchness (what you have in your possession.)

Jesus emphasized the importance of this commandment because it is the most important commandment. In the Jewish mind, everything from fulfilling responsibilities to worship to loving our neighbors is spiritually being connected with God. I pray that God would show me the value of God in each of us because we are wonderfully made in his image and have a heart that breaks and feels compassion for my fellow man. When we love each other in the same way Christ loved us, we love God. The idols surrounding the historical setting in this chapter demanded their desires to be met, but God is honored when we honor others. When we make the commitment to use our emotions, thoughts, our abilities, our passions, money, etc. to obey him by the power of the Holy Spirit, we become powerful and righteous walking reflections of Jesus. We become leaders full of God's light with a burning passion for God and we are free of hatred, anger, bitterness, and everything that pollutes us.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...