Jump to topic:

The devil lies

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 9:11:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The devil always lies to us, telling us that God doesn't love us that we are against him, etc. The only way to defeat him is through the Word, not on experience. I had a terrible dream of seeing him in a dark room and praying to God then I hear my mom praying in her sleep as i wake up talking in some unknown language like i'm possessed.. Then I regain consciousness.. Was i really possessed? Was i never a Christian? No matter what you experience, no matter how real it seems, God's Word is final: a true Christian can never be possessed, but they can be deceived.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 9:19:46 PM
At 7/19/2014 9:11:51 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
The devil always lies to us, telling us that God doesn't love us that we are against him, etc. The only way to defeat him is through the Word, not on experience. I had a terrible dream of seeing him in a dark room and praying to God then I hear my mom praying in her sleep as i wake up talking in some unknown language like i'm possessed.. Then I regain consciousness.. Was i really possessed? Was i never a Christian? No matter what you experience, no matter how real it seems, God's Word is final: a true Christian can never be possessed, but they can be deceived.

Speaking in tongues is a gift. The understanding of which is a gift to others. The devil takes the gifts of the spirit and passes off imposters.

You were probably praying from a deep part of the heart and I would not be concerned of being possessed.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 9:22:02 PM
At 7/19/2014 9:19:46 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Speaking in tongues is a gift. The understanding of which is a gift to others. The devil takes the gifts of the spirit and passes off imposters.

You were probably praying from a deep part of the heart and I would not be concerned of being possessed.

I wouldn't either
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 8:19:07 PM
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...