Jump to topic:

Proverbs 17:9 forgiveness

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2014 11:00:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Proverbs 17:9 "Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends."

It began as a matter of distrust with a friend, but ended in reconciliation.. Or so I thought it did... I was recovering from the wounds, until I remembered the damage done and all of a sudden, old wounds open and anger takes hold of me.. I fight to restrain it as it seeks to cause more harm on my friend... I try to let go, but it's grip is firm.. Then I do something I never wanted to do.. I withhold forgiveness.. If I were in that person's position, it would haunt me and it would hurt like poison, causing me to feel unworthy and unaccepted.. I never thought I could do something so horrible.. But, I finally let go of my anger and turned to compassion, but it was too late.. I may have caused irreversible damage... It wasn't their fault for hurting me just as it wasn't my fault for hurting them.. Sin is the root of all evil. I may not have another chance, if that's it.. Then may I receive what I justly deserve as punishment for my sins, but if I do.. Then I would rejoice and be ever so thankful for God's grace...