Praise

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 6:08:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Jeremiah 17:24-26

"24 "And it shall be, if you heed Me carefully," says the Lord, "to bring no burden through the gates of this city on the Sabbath day, but hallow the Sabbath day, to do no work in it, 25 then shall enter the gates of this city kings and princes sitting on the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they and their princes, accompanied by the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and this city shall remain forever. 26 And they shall come from the cities of Judah and from the places around Jerusalem, from the land of Benjamin and from the lowland, from the mountains and from the South, bringing burnt offerings and sacrifices, grain offerings and incense, bringing sacrifices of praise to the house of the Lord."

The Hebrew word for praise in this passage is Towdah meaning "extending of the hands in adoration and admiration of God." It is being in agreement of all that God has done and will do and being thankful for what we have and don't have. These kinds of sacrifices weren't made for sin, but given out of thanks for all that has been done.

We struggle to gain more and more by ambition and inner desires that it becomes an obsession, but forget to appreciate what we have and do not have. We must never underestimate the value of life. As i look at the beauty of creation, i find so much more value, more joy in life than my inner pain and confusion. We must never be dissatisfied with life, but remember, be still...stop and realize that God has given you so much more than you think and so i lift up my hands, being thankful for everything, for my house, my family, my friends, my whole being, and the pain to grow in Christ.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 8:23:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/20/2014 6:08:44 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Jeremiah 17:24-26

"24 "And it shall be, if you heed Me carefully," says the Lord, "to bring no burden through the gates of this city on the Sabbath day, but hallow the Sabbath day, to do no work in it, 25 then shall enter the gates of this city kings and princes sitting on the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they and their princes, accompanied by the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and this city shall remain forever. 26 And they shall come from the cities of Judah and from the places around Jerusalem, from the land of Benjamin and from the lowland, from the mountains and from the South, bringing burnt offerings and sacrifices, grain offerings and incense, bringing sacrifices of praise to the house of the Lord."

The Hebrew word for praise in this passage is Towdah meaning "extending of the hands in adoration and admiration of God." It is being in agreement of all that God has done and will do and being thankful for what we have and don't have. These kinds of sacrifices weren't made for sin, but given out of thanks for all that has been done.

We struggle to gain more and more by ambition and inner desires that it becomes an obsession, but forget to appreciate what we have and do not have. We must never underestimate the value of life. As i look at the beauty of creation, i find so much more value, more joy in life than my inner pain and confusion. We must never be dissatisfied with life, but remember, be still...stop and realize that God has given you so much more than you think and so i lift up my hands, being thankful for everything, for my house, my family, my friends, my whole being, and the pain to grow in Christ.

When everything of this world and the flesh that you can see in a mirror is taken away from you, then you will know who you are in God. Until then, you will be greatly deceived of the Truth.