Jump to topic:

Trust

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 12:46:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Pompey the great entered into the holiest of holies to see what form the God of Israel and what he found surprised him because there was...nothing. The power of gods in ancient days were measured by numbers and images, but Israel only had one all-powerful, all-knowing, infinite God.

Read what i'm about to say very carefully I do not want God to be a physical being Why? Because that would prove that there is no such thing as an all-powerful, all-knowing, and eternal God because he is then confined to the limits and weaknesses of this material realm. Hope would be perishable, nothing would be worth living for. You know what happens to the greatest empires and warriors? Weapons? Securities? Protections? They all fall, it's inevitable and once they do, there's no more hope, it's gone. He's not invisible in the sense that we think of it (someone turning invisible in sci-fi can still be killed). My God is so powerful that he can do anything and nothing can stop him, you can't kill him, can't make him bleed, you can do nothing to prevent his will from happening. Why do i trust in God? For that very reason, his Word is true and it's accomplished. The greatest reality of trust is that God does the unexpected and will never fail me because he is outside of this realm. That's why i trust him with everything.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 1:20:01 PM
If you don't want God to be material, and perishable, why do you refer to God as "him"? Why do you imagine God to be so much like a human? And why do you take your images and understanding of God from other very material and perishable human beings?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 2:19:44 PM
At 7/21/2014 1:20:01 PM, PureX wrote:
If you don't want God to be material, and perishable, why do you refer to God as "him"? Why do you imagine God to be so much like a human? And why do you take your images and understanding of God from other very material and perishable human beings?

God is a "him" because of the incarnation of Jesus Christ into the body of a man. God takes the body of a man because there is a personal connection between us and our creator, but Jesus is an imperishable being reflecting that of the invisible God.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 5:07:19 PM
Jesus wasn't "God taking the body of a man". Jesus was a man who embodied the spirit of God's love, forgiveness, kindness, wisdom and generosity. Thus he was anointed (the Christ). There is a difference, and the difference is significant.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 10:31:46 PM
At 7/21/2014 12:46:58 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Pompey the great entered into the holiest of holies to see what form the God of Israel and what he found surprised him because there was...nothing. The power of gods in ancient days were measured by numbers and images, but Israel only had one all-powerful, all-knowing, infinite God.

Read what i'm about to say very carefully I do not want God to be a physical being Why? Because that would prove that there is no such thing as an all-powerful, all-knowing, and eternal God because he is then confined to the limits and weaknesses of this material realm. Hope would be perishable, nothing would be worth living for. You know what happens to the greatest empires and warriors? Weapons? Securities? Protections? They all fall, it's inevitable and once they do, there's no more hope, it's gone. He's not invisible in the sense that we think of it (someone turning invisible in sci-fi can still be killed). My God is so powerful that he can do anything and nothing can stop him, you can't kill him, can't make him bleed, you can do nothing to prevent his will from happening. Why do i trust in God? For that very reason, his Word is true and it's accomplished. The greatest reality of trust is that God does the unexpected and will never fail me because he is outside of this realm. That's why i trust him with everything.

I Colossians 1:
15: He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;
16: for in him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or authorities " all things were created through him and for him.
17: He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18: He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in everything he might be pre-eminent.
19: For in him all the fulness of God was pleased to dwell,

God is invisible and the prophets, saints and God's believers were visible flesh that are only illusions. Our true reality is the invisible consciousness of God where we exist as His thoughts converted to invisible vibrations ( energy ).

God formed illusions from these created vibrations. Read this prophecy;

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

Our formed flesh ( illusions ) will burn up during this age but our invisible created existence as vibrations will pass through the waters and the fire of God without being destroyed. Jacob is a symbolic name for the Word of God, which is God's created vibrations, also known as Christ, Son of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Kingdom of God, Zion, Eternal Life, Tree of life, Breath of Life, Book of Life, Holy Spirit, Counselor, etc.