Jump to topic:

How to overcome sin

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 6:49:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The original Hebrew of the word "sin" doesn't mean to do wrong, it means "to miss the mark", in other words to fail to uphold a standard. Sin destroys lives...you may think as a Christian you are the one doing it, but you are not.

Romans 7:16-17

"if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me."

We cannot overcome sin by our own efforts, all we can do is simply pray and ask God to give us the power to live in his Spirit and help us to grow in love for him and others. Put others first before yourself...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 8:02:36 AM
Religion claims the existence of sin.

To overcome sin.

Ignore religion.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 8:38:28 AM
At 7/22/2014 8:02:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
Religion claims the existence of sin.

To overcome sin.

Ignore religion.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 8:39:08 AM
Religion is the ultimate snake oil product.

First come up with a non-existent malaise that the victim is suffering from (sin).
Convince the victim of how terrible the consequences are if left untreated (hell).
Then tell the victim you have a miraculous cure (Jesus).

This is how religions get you and hold you in their grip. Everything is invention and yet they keep selling their useless snake oil, bottle after bottle, getting filthy rich in the process. It's disgusting.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 8:41:30 AM
At 7/22/2014 8:39:08 AM, dee-em wrote:
Religion is the ultimate snake oil product.

First come up with a non-existent malaise that the victim is suffering from (sin).
Convince the victim of how terrible the consequences are if left untreated (hell).
Then tell the victim you have a miraculous cure (Jesus).

This is how religions get you and hold you in their grip. Everything is invention and yet they keep selling their useless snake oil, bottle after bottle, getting filthy rich in the process. It's disgusting.

Nail meet Hammer.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 8:21:45 PM
At 7/22/2014 6:49:29 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
The original Hebrew of the word "sin" doesn't mean to do wrong, it means "to miss the mark", in other words to fail to uphold a standard. Sin destroys lives...you may think as a Christian you are the one doing it, but you are not.

Romans 7:16-17

"if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me."

We cannot overcome sin by our own efforts, all we can do is simply pray and ask God to give us the power to live in his Spirit and help us to grow in love for him and others. Put others first before yourself...
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...