Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

What life would you pick?

Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 5:21:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Imagine two destines: One is where your in a perfect world where you are sinless and perfect like God, needing nothing physical to keep you alive, but your alone and the other is this life full of pain, sin, evil, physical and spiritual weaknesses.

I begged God to make me into a perfect being and he refused because i could not take his place. You know which world i would pick? This one. Don't give me immortality, don't give me a life of perfection, don't give me a life void of sin, don't give me a life free of pain, don't give me a place with the angels, don't give me divine like qualities, give me a body, give me the ability to choose sin, give me food and water, give me death, give me this world that we live in full of evil and pain, give me the ability to hurt others. Why? Because if i picked a world of perfection, i would not experience God to the full extent in this world of imperfection. It's a blessing, a grand honor to kneel in prayer and ask God for my needs and wants. Yes i choose the ability to sin because i know that God will forgive me and love me and save me. I want to experience pain because i know that God will show me how to endure it. I choose to hurt others so that God can teach us forgiveness and that i may understand the fullness of his mercy and so that i can praise him, adoring everything and truly experiencing that he is God.

And once i go through this life doing all of that then i will experience the newness of life in the age to come...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 5:39:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.smbc-comics.com...
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
lefillegal1
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 5:51:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This "paradise" you speak of is not biblical. God/Jesus says before you were born, I knew you. If he knew you, and everybody else BEFORE, how do you claim its lonely? Where is everybody else? We were all with God Before, and when we die we simply RETURN to the Father. I understand your point, more of a reason to glorify God, but you fail to see how many beings glorify God without cease, and they werent born. It is us as men, who need to catch up. All who witness Gods glory, whether born or not, will bow. Think about that before you instruct others to avoid Gods Paradise.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 7:01:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/22/2014 5:21:04 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
i know that God will forgive me and love me and save me.

Uhm... first God would have to learn how to forgive. Remember that whole thing about him impregnating a virgin with his son (himself), and coming to Earth so that he could be brutally killed and die in sacrifice for your sins?

It appears what you didn't grasp about that story is that God can't forgive. If he could forgive, none of that would have been necessary. I can forgive, you can forgive, even countries can forgive and move on... but not God. God can't forgive. Otherwise, all of this nasty Jesus issue would have been totally unnecessary.

Which world would I choose? The one where I'm not alone. You truly have to experience actually being alone before you can understand the things it can do to your confidence, your security, your feeling of worth, and your desire to live.

But I should point out that it looks like you described Earth, and Heaven... and picked Earth.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 8:14:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/22/2014 7:01:28 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/22/2014 5:21:04 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
i know that God will forgive me and love me and save me.

Uhm... first God would have to learn how to forgive. Remember that whole thing about him impregnating a virgin with his son (himself), and coming to Earth so that he could be brutally killed and die in sacrifice for your sins?

It appears what you didn't grasp about that story is that God can't forgive. If he could forgive, none of that would have been necessary. I can forgive, you can forgive, even countries can forgive and move on... but not God. God can't forgive. Otherwise, all of this nasty Jesus issue would have been totally unnecessary.

Which world would I choose? The one where I'm not alone. You truly have to experience actually being alone before you can understand the things it can do to your confidence, your security, your feeling of worth, and your desire to live.

But I should point out that it looks like you described Earth, and Heaven... and picked Earth.

I picked Earth because i want to overcome the problems of suffering and evil by God's power working in me...
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 11:34:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/22/2014 8:14:26 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/22/2014 7:01:28 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/22/2014 5:21:04 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
i know that God will forgive me and love me and save me.

Uhm... first God would have to learn how to forgive. Remember that whole thing about him impregnating a virgin with his son (himself), and coming to Earth so that he could be brutally killed and die in sacrifice for your sins?

It appears what you didn't grasp about that story is that God can't forgive. If he could forgive, none of that would have been necessary. I can forgive, you can forgive, even countries can forgive and move on... but not God. God can't forgive. Otherwise, all of this nasty Jesus issue would have been totally unnecessary.

Which world would I choose? The one where I'm not alone. You truly have to experience actually being alone before you can understand the things it can do to your confidence, your security, your feeling of worth, and your desire to live.

But I should point out that it looks like you described Earth, and Heaven... and picked Earth.

I picked Earth because i want to overcome the problems of suffering and evil by God's power working in me...

You're overlooking the undeniable fact that people with a belief in "God's power" is one of the major problems on Earth. It's not uncommon that more devout belief is accompanied by more prominent levels of intellectual deficits.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
dee-em
Posts: 6,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:53:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/22/2014 5:21:04 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
<snip>

Imagine two lives: One is where you're in a pristine environment where you are disease-free and fit, never have a day of sickness, needing no medication to keep you alive, and the other is a life full of pain, suffering, physical and mental weaknesses.

You know which life I would pick? The second one. Don't give me a long life, don't give me a life of comfort, don't give me a life void of illness, don't give me a life free of pain, don't give me a place of hygiene, don't give me great intelligence, give me a frail body, give me the ability to easily get sick, give me unclean food and water, give me starvation, give me a life where we live full of suffering and pain, give me the ability to transmit my diseases to others. Why? Because if I picked a healthy life, I would not appreciate good health to the full extent as in this life of misery. It's a blessing, a grand honour to cough and shake and wheeze as I yearn for an end to my needs and wants. Yes I choose infirmity because I know it is necessary to round me out as a human being. I want to experience pain because that is the only way to truly understand pleasure. I choose to infect others so they can experience these same benefits for themselves.

And once I go through this life doing all of that then I will die happy...
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:19:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/22/2014 8:14:26 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/22/2014 7:01:28 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/22/2014 5:21:04 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
i know that God will forgive me and love me and save me.

Uhm... first God would have to learn how to forgive. Remember that whole thing about him impregnating a virgin with his son (himself), and coming to Earth so that he could be brutally killed and die in sacrifice for your sins?

It appears what you didn't grasp about that story is that God can't forgive. If he could forgive, none of that would have been necessary. I can forgive, you can forgive, even countries can forgive and move on... but not God. God can't forgive. Otherwise, all of this nasty Jesus issue would have been totally unnecessary.

Which world would I choose? The one where I'm not alone. You truly have to experience actually being alone before you can understand the things it can do to your confidence, your security, your feeling of worth, and your desire to live.

But I should point out that it looks like you described Earth, and Heaven... and picked Earth.

I picked Earth because i want to overcome the problems of suffering and evil by God's power working in me...

I picked Earth because i want to overcome the problems of suffering and evil caused by God.

How's that going for you?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:21:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 10:19:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/22/2014 8:14:26 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/22/2014 7:01:28 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/22/2014 5:21:04 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
i know that God will forgive me and love me and save me.

Uhm... first God would have to learn how to forgive. Remember that whole thing about him impregnating a virgin with his son (himself), and coming to Earth so that he could be brutally killed and die in sacrifice for your sins?

It appears what you didn't grasp about that story is that God can't forgive. If he could forgive, none of that would have been necessary. I can forgive, you can forgive, even countries can forgive and move on... but not God. God can't forgive. Otherwise, all of this nasty Jesus issue would have been totally unnecessary.

Which world would I choose? The one where I'm not alone. You truly have to experience actually being alone before you can understand the things it can do to your confidence, your security, your feeling of worth, and your desire to live.

But I should point out that it looks like you described Earth, and Heaven... and picked Earth.

I picked Earth because i want to overcome the problems of suffering and evil by God's power working in me...

I picked Earth because i want to overcome the problems of suffering and evil caused by God.

How's that going for you?

I'm becoming stronger :) I'm becoming the person i want to be...
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:57:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Because if i picked a world of perfection, i would not experience God to the full extent in this world of imperfection."

Then that's not a "world of perfection" then, is it?
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:58:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 10:21:50 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/23/2014 10:19:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/22/2014 8:14:26 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/22/2014 7:01:28 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/22/2014 5:21:04 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
i know that God will forgive me and love me and save me.

Uhm... first God would have to learn how to forgive. Remember that whole thing about him impregnating a virgin with his son (himself), and coming to Earth so that he could be brutally killed and die in sacrifice for your sins?

It appears what you didn't grasp about that story is that God can't forgive. If he could forgive, none of that would have been necessary. I can forgive, you can forgive, even countries can forgive and move on... but not God. God can't forgive. Otherwise, all of this nasty Jesus issue would have been totally unnecessary.

Which world would I choose? The one where I'm not alone. You truly have to experience actually being alone before you can understand the things it can do to your confidence, your security, your feeling of worth, and your desire to live.

But I should point out that it looks like you described Earth, and Heaven... and picked Earth.

I picked Earth because i want to overcome the problems of suffering and evil by God's power working in me...

I picked Earth because i want to overcome the problems of suffering and evil caused by God.

How's that going for you?

I'm becoming stronger :) I'm becoming the person i want to be...

Now don't get doing that. Your god gets most annoyed when his slaves do that.
Your god is so ecstatically happy when suffering and infanticide(especially) are rampant, that he will not tolerate a poor human like you even thinking it gross or unfair or immoral.

If you do then you are bound for your god's greatest creation.
An everlasting torture chamber, it is the creation that your god is so proud of and is why he sends most of his most loved creations there.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 8:20:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/22/2014 5:21:04 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Imagine two destines: One is where your in a perfect world where you are sinless and perfect like God, needing nothing physical to keep you alive, but your alone and the other is this life full of pain, sin, evil, physical and spiritual weaknesses.

I begged God to make me into a perfect being and he refused because i could not take his place. You know which world i would pick? This one. Don't give me immortality, don't give me a life of perfection, don't give me a life void of sin, don't give me a life free of pain, don't give me a place with the angels, don't give me divine like qualities, give me a body, give me the ability to choose sin, give me food and water, give me death, give me this world that we live in full of evil and pain, give me the ability to hurt others. Why? Because if i picked a world of perfection, i would not experience God to the full extent in this world of imperfection. It's a blessing, a grand honor to kneel in prayer and ask God for my needs and wants. Yes i choose the ability to sin because i know that God will forgive me and love me and save me. I want to experience pain because i know that God will show me how to endure it. I choose to hurt others so that God can teach us forgiveness and that i may understand the fullness of his mercy and so that i can praise him, adoring everything and truly experiencing that he is God.

And once i go through this life doing all of that then i will experience the newness of life in the age to come...
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...