Jump to topic:

God made you special

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 9:27:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
We do not realize our worth as human beings in the same way God does. When i was younger, i had many problems and still do:

* I have a math/learning disorder

* I have anger problems

* social anxiety

* hearing loss

* special ed

* crooked teeth

* bad eyesight

* I am not as educated as you think i am

* other permanent body problems

I often felt misunderstood and i was the kid who everybody looked down upon. I was bullied, always afraid, teased and made fun of, was usually picked last when it came to sports, etc. I hated myself....and if i wasn't a Christian, i would either be dead or locked up...it wasn't until God showed me that i had a purpose in life, a greater purpose than anyone can imagine. God picks those who the world shuns and ignores, he uses those who are different just like he picked me. You are the greatest and most unique creation in the world in his eyes, believe it. God is molding me into a leader of courage, strength, wisdom, godliness, righteousness, honor, and Love and i will make a very great impact in the world we live in by his power. Find your value in God, seek him and find your purpose...
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 10:52:04 PM
At 7/22/2014 9:27:14 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
We do not realize our worth as human beings in the same way God does. When i was younger, i had many problems and still do:

* I have anger problems

* social anxiety

* hearing loss

* special ed

* crooked teeth

* bad eyesight

I often felt misunderstood and i was the kid who everybody looked down upon. I was bullied, always afraid, teased and made fun of, was usually picked last when it came to sports, etc. I hated myself....and if i wasn't a Christian, i would either be dead or locked up...it wasn't until God showed me that i had a purpose in life, a greater purpose than anyone can imagine. God picks those who the world shuns and ignores, he uses those who are different just like he picked me. You are the greatest and most unique creation in the world in his eyes, believe it. God is molding me into a leader of courage, strength, wisdom, godliness, righteousness, honor, and Love and i will make a very great impact in the world we live in by his power. Find your value in God, seek him and find your purpose...

Problems and disasters teaching us a lessons... to know how others are feeling who are standing in the same shoes , as you said its gives you strength love empathy courage... may God bless you man for a easy life
Never fart near dog
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2014 10:53:39 PM
At 7/22/2014 10:52:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

* I have anger problems

* social anxiety

* hearing loss

* special ed

* crooked teeth

* bad eyesight

Problems and disasters teaching us a lessons... to know how others are feeling who are standing in the same shoes , as you said its gives you strength love empathy courage... may God bless you man for a easy life

Thanks...
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 12:13:30 AM

It's not at all uncommon for the less intellectually capable to try to instruct and "help" the more intellectually capable. We all have an ego and require one for any level of psychological well-being. But it can prevent us from connecting fully with certain realities. For instance, you have courageously given us a list of problems you possess, and among them I note a learning disability, and the need for special education. That's fine and it's nothing to be embarrassed about as many people suffer from various learning disabilities. The problem starts when they decide that they are justified in trying to teach those who actually excel when it comes to learning.

In short; here you are admitting to a learning disorder, and yet you're trying to school others on reality and God.

* I have anger problems
This is not uncommon among Christians.

* social anxiety

* hearing loss

* special ed

* crooked teeth

* bad eyesight

Well... yes, yes you are.

Look, everyone has deficits. We all have areas where we do better, and areas where we're somewhat below average. It would be a pretty boring world if we were all exactly the same. But we need to accept who and what we are, and work with our strengths while acknowledging our weaknesses. Otherwise we get volcano worshipers trying to explain vulcanology to vulcanologists, witch doctors trying to explain medicine to medical doctors, geocentrists trying to explain the solar system to heliocentrists, creationists trying to explain the diversity of species to evolutionists, exorcists trying to explain disease to microbiologists and theists trying to explain reality to atheists. It's the (forgive the blunt language) dumb and feeble-minded trying to teach the intelligent and intellectually gifted.

And when someone is faced with a higher than usual number of challenges in their life, it become very easy for them to try to maintain their necessary ego by accepting the claim that they're "special" in God's eyes. It restores their self-worth, and helps to give them confidence. But just as I - who have average math skills - would never have thought to try to challenge my fiance's math abilities (she thought calculus was... "entertaining" and fun), people who experience below average learning capacities shouldn't attempt to challenge those with clearly superior learning capabilities.

But that's exactly what you're doing here.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 12:16:14 AM
Sorry I haveint read your forum post but atheism is true because it is and shut up shut up shut up

Christiaqnity is lie because of crusades. It means christian evil and therefroe lie.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:52:43 AM
At 7/23/2014 12:16:14 AM, jh1234l wrote:
Sorry I haveint read your forum post but atheism is true because it is and shut up shut up shut up

Christiaqnity is lie because of crusades. It means christian evil and therefroe lie.

Exactly! Finally someone who understands atheism!
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.