Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

There is Mercy and Forgiveness in Christ

sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 1:06:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
There's an old hymn called "There Is a Fountain Filled With Blood,"
And in the first stanza, it says the following:

"There is a fountain filled with blood
drawn from Emmanuel's veins;
and sinners plunged beneath that flood
lose all their guilty stains."


"Emmanuel" means "God with us."
The Lord Jesus Christ is referred to as "Emmanuel."

The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of the Living God, who was with the Father and the Spirit from the beginning.

And he became a man, "the Son of Man," and made atonement for the sins of a multitude that no man can number.

And by his one offering of himself as a sacrifice for sins, he paid the ransom price in full for his people.

His blood was the required payment for the sins of his people, and he shed his own precious blood on that cross.

And when he died, he was buried, and rose again on the third day, which signified that the sins were put away.

And having finished all the work that he was given from the Father, he ascended back to heaven, where he now sits on his throne, as the King of Glory!

And at his appointed time of love, he causes his people to hear the Gospel, and he sends his Spirit to assure them of his love.

And they find themselves believing that Christ made a full atonement for their sins.
And they follow him, and he gives them eternal life.

If you have never heard the Gospel with the ears of faith, I pray that the Lord might be pleased to cause you to hear the Gospel.

The Gospel is a huge subject, yet it can be summed up in this one statement from the lips of the Lord Jesus himself:
"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." (Matthew 26:28)

There is mercy and forgiveness of sins for the vilest sinner, through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

So, if you need mercy, come and get it.
There's "a fountain filled with blood,"
the blood of Christ, which "cleanses us from all sin." (1 John 1:7)
Ruckmanite
Posts: 289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 2:16:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here is another great hymn:

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I"m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

Sorrowing I shall be in spirit,
Till released from flesh and sin,
Yet from what I do inherit,
Here Thy praises I"ll begin;
Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Here by Thy great help I"ve come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.

Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood;
How His kindness yet pursues me
Mortal tongue can never tell,
Clothed in flesh, till death shall loose me
I cannot proclaim it well.

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I"m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here"s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

O that day when freed from sinning,
I shall see Thy lovely face;
Clothed then in blood washed linen
How I"ll sing Thy sovereign grace;
Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,
Take my ransomed soul away;
Send thine angels now to carry
Me to realms of endless day.
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 3:04:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Let's hear it from our bloodthirsty "Christians" who would be at home in Mithraism's baptism in bull's blood. Just make it Jesus blood and hop right in, the blood's fine!

God, it will be a Great Day in Heaven when Bad Religion bites the dust and believing that blood sacrifice has anything to do with forgiveness of sins is hopeless primitive paganism. It is the very same ideology that produced native maiden hearts offered up to their bloodthirsty god.

Please, Go away with that awful religious bunk that never made any spiritual or rational sense linking bloodshed with forgiveness of sins. God forgives because God loves us, not because we have to believe in bloodshed to know that, that's for primitives. God wants us to keep blood in blood vessels, not spilled for human blood lust.
Amoranemix
Posts: 521
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 3:21:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a debate site, not a preach site. You are supposed to convince those with different beliefs through arguments and evidence, not trick them into joining your faith by exploiting their gullibility.
The earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 3:26:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 3:04:44 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Let's hear it from our bloodthirsty "Christians" who would be at home in Mithraism's baptism in bull's blood. Just make it Jesus blood and hop right in, the blood's fine!
These comments are inflammatory and unproductive. The religion forum has slowly been labelled the troll forum, for the very reason I've just pointed out.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 4:47:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 3:21:40 AM, Amoranemix wrote:
This is a debate site, not a preach site. You are supposed to convince those with different beliefs through arguments and evidence, not trick them into joining your faith by exploiting their gullibility.

Oh buzz off! I can and do post my personal beliefs so if you can't take it, don't read it. Nobody's asking you to join any religion of mine, bub. I don't own Celestial Torah Christianity because nobody does, nobody owns the stars and planets that compose the astrological Celestial Torah Christian system that's embedded in astrological code within Bible scriptures, Gnostic Gospels, and even in the Quran. I only point out its existence and let others take it from there and make up their own minds.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 4:50:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 3:26:04 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/23/2014 3:04:44 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Let's hear it from our bloodthirsty "Christians" who would be at home in Mithraism's baptism in bull's blood. Just make it Jesus blood and hop right in, the blood's fine!
These comments are inflammatory and unproductive. The religion forum has slowly been labelled the troll forum, for the very reason I've just pointed out.

Oh, so pointing out Mithraism's extremely close doctrinal relationship to Pauline Christianity is a no-no and "inflammatory and unproductive"? To who? To those who don't want to hear about historical facts that shed light on primitive religious beliefs of Christians?
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 4:58:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 1:06:36 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
Song lyrics aren't evidence. Please provide evidence that...

1. Jesus actually existed.

2. Jesus was God.

3. People have any need for forgiveness

4. That forgiveness can be found in Christ (And how deeply need one dig?)
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 5:30:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 3:04:44 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Let's hear it from our bloodthirsty "Christians" who would be at home in Mithraism's baptism in bull's blood. Just make it Jesus blood and hop right in, the blood's fine!

God, it will be a Great Day in Heaven when Bad Religion bites the dust and believing that blood sacrifice has anything to do with forgiveness of sins is hopeless primitive paganism. It is the very same ideology that produced native maiden hearts offered up to their bloodthirsty god.

Please, Go away with that awful religious bunk that never made any spiritual or rational sense linking bloodshed with forgiveness of sins. God forgives because God loves us, not because we have to believe in bloodshed to know that, that's for primitives. God wants us to keep blood in blood vessels, not spilled for human blood lust.

We need to just toss aside the Bible and give heed to an aging pothead from the '60's who has concocted a new religion - yet calls it "ancient". It's the kind of "religion" that inexplicably causes one to have a cheap sword remodeled, then "baptize" it six or eight times as a "purification", then claim that sane people "sang" to it, then top it off by calling it an "important icon." Sounds like a winner!

And anybody who points out the complete absurdity of so-called "Celestial Torah Christianity" (which was invented by BioMystic) is "slandering" him and is "angry" and "jealous". A cursory glance at twenty or so internet forum sites confirms the same MO time and time again. As Yogi Berra said, "It's deja vu all over again."

Here's some words used in "anger":

(1) Go away!
(2) Religious bunk
(3) Primitive paganism
(4) Bloodthirsty "Christians"

Yet when people laugh at your yarns about Indian "holy men" tapping drums and making geese fly into twisters, you get all mad
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 5:40:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 4:58:22 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/23/2014 1:06:36 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
Song lyrics aren't evidence. Please provide evidence that...

1. Jesus actually existed.

You have several eye-witness accounts which you reject. You have prophetic statements which were fulfilled with inexplicable accuracy. You have statements from Jews and pagans.

We do not accept your dates - nor the dates of those whose sole reason for moving the dates of the books forward is the disbelief that anyone could have made such accurate predictions. How circular can you get?

I'll flip it out of curiosity: did the apostle John exist? did Pontius Pilate exist?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 6:01:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 5:40:26 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 7/23/2014 4:58:22 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/23/2014 1:06:36 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
Song lyrics aren't evidence. Please provide evidence that...

1. Jesus actually existed.

You have several eye-witness accounts which you reject.
Because they're not eye-witness accounts. One of them tells you outright that it's not an eyewitness account and you still insist that it is, because you WANT it to be.

You have prophetic statements which were fulfilled with inexplicable accuracy.
"Inexplicable"? How many times must these "inexplicably accurate" statements be explained? If I took a book of Jeane Dixon's proclaimed "prophecies", then sat down and wrote fictional accounts of each one of them being fulfilled, would the accuracy between her prophecies and my fictional fulfillment be "inexplicable"? Anna, you've SEEN where much of this comes from. The gospel writers sat down with Old Testament prophecies and wrote stories about the prophecies coming true. And in several cases, they used the Old Testament verses themselves as supposed dialog for Jesus.

You have statements from Jews and pagans.
Hearsay.

"I heard that Superman can fly faster than the Flash can run."
There. Now you have "evidence" that Superman and "The Flash" are both historical characters, equal to the "evidence" you've just suggested for Jesus. It's people writing what they've heard other - non-disclosed - people saying, Anna. It's not credible. I've heard that Zeus was supposed to create lightning bolts and Thor creates the thunder. That's a hearsay account. That's what you have for Jesus.

We do not accept your dates - nor the dates of those whose sole reason for moving the dates of the books forward is the disbelief that anyone could have made such accurate predictions. How circular can you get?
The dates are determined by aligning them with historically confirmed accounts and paleographical analysis, Anna. There's no great conspiracy against your bronze-age comics.

I'll flip it out of curiosity: did the apostle John exist? did Pontius Pilate exist?
By the evidence, Pontias Pilate did exist. He's referenced in the works of noted historians and not just from a position of hearsay after his death. John is somewhat less likely, however, there is less reason to believe that historians would have found reason to reference the Apostle John, than to reference Jesus.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 6:36:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 6:01:31 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/23/2014 5:40:26 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 7/23/2014 4:58:22 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/23/2014 1:06:36 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
Song lyrics aren't evidence. Please provide evidence that...

1. Jesus actually existed.

You have several eye-witness accounts which you reject.
Because they're not eye-witness accounts. One of them tells you outright that it's not an eyewitness account and you still insist that it is, because you WANT it to be.

I'll have to know which one before that statement is true. I hope to God it's not Luke, but we'll see.

You have prophetic statements which were fulfilled with inexplicable accuracy.

"Inexplicable"? How many times must these "inexplicably accurate" statements be explained? If I took a book of Jeane Dixon's proclaimed "prophecies", then sat down and wrote fictional accounts of each one of them being fulfilled, would the accuracy between her prophecies and my fictional fulfillment be "inexplicable"? Anna, you've SEEN where much of this comes from. The gospel writers sat down with Old Testament prophecies and wrote stories about the prophecies coming true. And in several cases, they used the Old Testament verses themselves as supposed dialog for Jesus.

I'm afraid you'd have to prove that. And I was referring to Jesus's predictions of the fall of Jerusalem.

You have statements from Jews and pagans.

Hearsay.

In other words, you demand eye-witness proof that Jesus existed, and if what appears to be proof is supplied, you will demand further proof that the writers who claimed to be eye-witnesses really were eye-witnesses. And in the absence of said proof, you will discount their testimony.

Does that sum it up?

Was the Apostle John a contemporary of Jesus? Did he really live? When Iranaeus said that John wrote his gospel account at the request certain bishops, was he lying about it?

"I heard that Superman can fly faster than the Flash can run."
There. Now you have "evidence" that Superman and "The Flash" are both historical characters, equal to the "evidence" you've just suggested for Jesus. It's people writing what they've heard other - non-disclosed - people saying, Anna. It's not credible. I've heard that Zeus was supposed to create lightning bolts and Thor creates the thunder. That's a hearsay account. That's what you have for Jesus.

See above questions - and don't bother citing liberal, modernistic "scholars". I'm concerned with analyzing whatever evidence you can come up with and verify.

We do not accept your dates - nor the dates of those whose sole reason for moving the dates of the books forward is the disbelief that anyone could have made such accurate predictions. How circular can you get?

The dates are determined by aligning them with historically confirmed accounts and paleographical analysis, Anna. There's no great conspiracy against your bronze-age comics.

Oh, BS. You couldn't "paleographically" analyze a NT book if your life depended on it. If you think you can, then proceed to give us the "paleographical" evidence for an AD 80-90 AD date of composition for the book of Matthew as opposed to a pre-AD 70 date. We'll a long, long time waiting on that.

What is your PROOF that the book of Matthew was not written around AD 50?

I'll flip it out of curiosity: did the apostle John exist? did Pontius Pilate exist?

By the evidence, Pontias Pilate did exist. He's referenced in the works of noted historians and not just from a position of hearsay after his death.

Name one.

John is somewhat less likely, however, there is less reason to believe that historians would have found reason to reference the Apostle John, than to reference Jesus.

Do you not mean "contemporary historians"? Polycarp (born AD 69) said he was a student of the apostle John. Did he just make it up? Iranaeus (the same one who quoted from Mark 16: 9-20 almost as if it were original scripture, you know) plainly stated that Polycarp was a student of the apostle John. Did he make that up too? Then Tertullian wrote the same thing. Then again, Iranaeus also knew Papias, who claimed to have been a late-life companion of John. Papias wrote,

"For unlike most people I took no pleasure in those who told many different stories, but only in those who taught the truth. Nor did I take pleasure in those who reported their memory of someone else"s commandments, but only in those who reported their memory of the commandments given by the Lord to the faith and proceeding from the Truth itself. And if by chance anyone who had been in attendance on the elders arrived, I made enquiries about the words of the elders"what Andrew or Peter had said, or Philip or Thomas or James or John or Matthew or any other of the Lord"s disciples, and whatever Aristion and John the Elder, the Lord"s disciples, were saying. For I did not think that information from the books would profit me as much as information from a living and surviving voice."

He is basically saying, "I talked to people who knew Jesus", and did not rely so much on various written accounts - then he specially lists John."

I'm not sure how much of this "evidence" you have even looked at. How many people have to report, "I knew and conversed with the apostle John" before you accept it as a fact? Could you give us a number?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:07:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 4:50:05 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Oh, so pointing out Mithraism's extremely close doctrinal relationship to Pauline Christianity is a no-no and "inflammatory and unproductive"? To who? To those who don't want to hear about historical facts that shed light on primitive religious beliefs of Christians?
I don't care about your debate. I don't care about what fallacies were stated. I am asking for you to debate without the use of ad hominems, or calling your opposition a "moron". It sheds badly on the community, and discourages people from using this forum.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:09:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Some people cannot reason when it comes to their faith even when they use the scientific method in their daily work. Applying science to the New Testament they balk at as anna shows us in her acceptance of pure Christian hearsay "evidence" of the author of "John". Oh yes, "John" ("John-Mark"?) could well be known to early Church men as it may very well be revealed that Churchmen wrote under the names of the Gospel authors. But what is telling real evidence is that the stories are purely unbelievable and mirror the same sets of "magic" tricks other worshiped gods and healers were supposedly able to do.

All the authors of the Old and New Testament are unknown to us and now that archeological science has completely debunked all the Old Testament stories as myths concocted by later priests of Judah, there's little reason to believe the New Testament will ever be revealed as documentable history. What is left is spiritual information that must be pulled out of its propagandistic contexts to see what's really going on with the movement of the Spirit of God and Christ through time and generations.

Because of the inability for anyone on earth to verify Bible stories God has recognized the need to reestablish spiritual credibility with documented evidence this time and real people with real names and addresses and identity papers and utility bills to prove they exist and are not a bunch of tales written to fool gullible believers.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 12:14:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 10:09:04 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Some people cannot reason when it comes to their faith even when they use the scientific method in their daily work. Applying science to the New Testament they balk at as anna shows us in her acceptance of pure Christian hearsay "evidence" of the author of "John". Oh yes, "John" ("John-Mark"?) could well be known to early Church men as it may very well be revealed that Churchmen wrote under the names of the Gospel authors.

That's about the worst attempt at an excuse that I've ever seen. There is unanimity among early Christians that the apostle John was indeed the author of the book which has been given his name, and there is further unanimity that John was "the disciple whom Jesus loved." The testimony spreads across geographic lines, political lines, and social lines. I know of not one dissenting voice among orthodox Christians in the first 300 years of Christianity.

Now comes BioMystic (along with some modern-day skeptics and liberals) who inform us: "No, John didn't write the Book of John." Then who did? "I don't know". Do you mean to tell us that you do not know who wrote the Book of John - but you know that John himself didn't write it? Then why did everyone say that he did? And you claim that YOU are applying good logic?

That's about like me saying, "BioMystic didn't write that post. Someone else did." Who? "I don't know. I just came up with a theory, so you disprove it."

All the authors of the Old and New Testament are unknown to us

Is that because they're all dead?

"there's little reason to believe the New Testament will ever be revealed as documentable history"

Are you saying that the cities, towns, rivers, rulers, etc. named in the NT didn't exist?

"What is left is spiritual information that must be pulled out of its propagandistic contexts to see what's really going on with the movement of the Spirit of God and Christ through time and generations."

Uh huh. And WHO might we depend on to sift through it?

"Because of the inability for anyone on earth to verify Bible stories God has recognized the need to reestablish spiritual credibility with documented evidence this time and real people with real names and addresses and identity papers and utility bills ... "

and real swords and real claims of visions and real TCH levels? Is that where this is headed?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 12:34:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12