Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Theists: Afterlife

Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 1:05:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What do you personally think happens after you die, if anything?
Go as in-depth as you like.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 1:24:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
This is probably an accurate depiction of Theist afterlife.

http://www.debate.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 1:49:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 1:24:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is probably an accurate depiction of Theist afterlife.

http://www.debate.org...

No, I think this is more accurate. ;)
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 2:56:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 1:49:17 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 2/28/2010 1:24:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is probably an accurate depiction of Theist afterlife.

http://www.debate.org...

No, I think this is more accurate. ;)

Wow, you're cool.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 4:59:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 2:23:21 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Geez, let the theists answer before you start making fun of them.

My illustration wasn't to make fun of them. I'm sure most of them would agree that it's accurate (I've had one intelligent Christian agree that it's accurate so far). Though, it does look rather funny when it's literally depicted.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Immortal
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 6:06:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 2:23:21 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Geez, let the theists answer before you start making fun of them.

If they can even answer...
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 6:17:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 5:35:03 PM, atheistman wrote:
'Wow, you're cool.'

That was an amazing response, and description of what you think will happen after you die.

Whereas saying "hahahaha" positively contributed to the thread.

*slow clap*
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 6:36:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 2:23:21 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Geez, let the theists answer before you start making fun of them.

Yes, I bet that Matt is just waiting for a Theist to post here.
kfc
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 6:39:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 1:24:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is probably an accurate depiction of Theist afterlife.

http://www.debate.org...

Out of curiousity, do any Theists agree that this illustration is an accurate representation of their paradigm?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Alex
Posts: 2,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 6:46:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just a side note but had God allowed him to go back to earth to tell his family, people would put him in a mental hospital.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
atheistman
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 7:10:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
'Whereas saying "hahahaha" positively contributed to the thread.'

I don't need to post anything positively contributing, since I'm not a theist. I was just showing that I found the previous pictures/videos funny.
mds1303
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 10:27:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 4:59:05 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/28/2010 2:23:21 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Geez, let the theists answer before you start making fun of them.

My illustration wasn't to make fun of them. I'm sure most of them would agree that it's accurate (I've had one intelligent Christian agree that it's accurate so far). Though, it does look rather funny when it's literally depicted.

You know I ripped you pretty hard in another forum, because I thought you were being a jerk for no apparent reason. Then I even apologized when you told me I was off base. You then tried to reconcile with me by acting as if we were similar in the aspect that are beliefs both get picked on, on this website. However, you truly are proving my initial feelings about you correct, by being completely incompetent in your ability to hold a meaningful conversation.

Honestly if you believe the statement you said above, "My illustration wasn't to make fun of them." then I truly feel bad for how ignorant you really are, it is almost incomprehensible. I was so annoyed I wanted to turn my attention over to making fun of your beliefs so you could see how it feels, however I couldn't find anyone on youtube who even wasted their time making a dumb video making fun of panspermia due to the fact it is so laughable.

So, due us all a favor and stop ACTING as if you are someone who is worthy of giving any valid insight, and then continue on your merry way bashing everyone if you please. Thanks.
dattaswami
Posts: 322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 10:35:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Hell, Heaven and Kingdom Of Lord

This universe is infinite. I am unable to show the existence of these super worlds to you. I accept my incapability. But you are also incapable to prove directly the non-existence of these super worlds. Have you taken all over the universe and said, ‘Here ends the universe. Beyond this point there is no universe. This is the compound wall of the space. Your super world does not exist anywhere'. Therefore, there is equal chance for the existence and non-existence of the super worlds according to the theory of probability.

Now let us analyze of our cases. Both of us are eating to live. The basic needs are satisfied in the cases of both of us. You have spent extra time also in earning more money, which may give you some problems of health like sugar, B.P etc., due to over enjoying. I have not earned more money and I am healthy due to normal food. None of us will carry the money with us after death. The money given to the children may also be lost in several ways. Therefore, I do not find much difference between us, once the basic needs are satisfied. I am poor because I have spent my extra time in the service of God.

Suppose after my death, you are correct and there are no super worlds. In such case what I have lost? There is no loss for me. But after your death, suppose I am correct and there are super worlds. You have lost every thing and God will not save you. Thus, even on accepting your argument, based on the equal probability, it is better to serve the Lord by sacrificing the extra time and energy for the Lord after earning the basic needs. You must read the theory of probability, which is perfectly a scientific theory.

at lotus feet of swami
surya
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 10:43:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 10:27:50 PM, mds1303 wrote:
You know I ripped you pretty hard in another forum, because I thought you were being a jerk for no apparent reason. Then I even apologized when you told me I was off base.
You then tried to reconcile with me by acting as if we were similar in the aspect that are beliefs both get picked on, on this website.

It's true, though I wasn't trying to reconcile. There wasn't anything to reconcile other than your misguided vicious attack based on a misinterpretation of my post. There was no real conflict other than miscommunication.

However, you truly are proving my initial feelings about you correct, by being completely incompetent in your ability to hold a meaningful conversation.

Really? Usually I'm the one who gets irritated by people who can't maintain a worthwhile debate. If you feel that I ever stray, please let me know. I know that you and I have at least engaged in an interesting and worthwhile debate in the comments section of a debate.

Honestly if you believe the statement you said above, "My illustration wasn't to make fun of them." then I truly feel bad for how ignorant you really are, it is almost incomprehensible.

Yes, it was a serious illustration. I may appear to you as a picture used to ridicule, however, I used it in one of my debates to establish a point and asked the debater if it was accurate and he said "for the most part, yes."

I was so annoyed I wanted to turn my attention over to making fun of your beliefs so you could see how it feels,

I don't make fun of people's beliefs. I criticize them and attempt to show how their wrong, but I never engage in ad hominems or personal degradation. If I truly have done so, you will have to point out a specific instance to prove it, but I know I have not.

however I couldn't find anyone on youtube who even wasted their time making a dumb video making fun of panspermia due to the fact it is so laughable.

Believe me, I've had my beliefs ridiculed and ripped on more than you can imagine. My beliefs align closely with David Icke who has been publicly and mass ridiculed on a global scale for his ideas.

So, due us all a favor and stop ACTING as if you are someone who is worthy of giving any valid insight,

I've never made such a suggestion. I'm here to debate, just like everyone else.

and then continue on your merry way bashing everyone if you please. Thanks.

If you could show me just one instance where I bash someone, please quote it and show me. I've never once launched personal attacks.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mds1303
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 10:57:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 10:43:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/28/2010 10:27:50 PM, mds1303 wrote:
You know I ripped you pretty hard in another forum, because I thought you were being a jerk for no apparent reason. Then I even apologized when you told me I was off base.
You then tried to reconcile with me by acting as if we were similar in the aspect that are beliefs both get picked on, on this website.

It's true, though I wasn't trying to reconcile. There wasn't anything to reconcile other than your misguided vicious attack based on a misinterpretation of my post. There was no real conflict other than miscommunication.

However, you truly are proving my initial feelings about you correct, by being completely incompetent in your ability to hold a meaningful conversation.

Really? Usually I'm the one who gets irritated by people who can't maintain a worthwhile debate. If you feel that I ever stray, please let me know. I know that you and I have at least engaged in an interesting and worthwhile debate in the comments section of a debate.

Honestly if you believe the statement you said above, "My illustration wasn't to make fun of them." then I truly feel bad for how ignorant you really are, it is almost incomprehensible.

Yes, it was a serious illustration. I may appear to you as a picture used to ridicule, however, I used it in one of my debates to establish a point and asked the debater if it was accurate and he said "for the most part, yes."

I was so annoyed I wanted to turn my attention over to making fun of your beliefs so you could see how it feels,

I don't make fun of people's beliefs. I criticize them and attempt to show how their wrong, but I never engage in ad hominems or personal degradation. If I truly have done so, you will have to point out a specific instance to prove it, but I know I have not.

however I couldn't find anyone on youtube who even wasted their time making a dumb video making fun of panspermia due to the fact it is so laughable.

Believe me, I've had my beliefs ridiculed and ripped on more than you can imagine. My beliefs align closely with David Icke who has been publicly and mass ridiculed on a global scale for his ideas.

So, due us all a favor and stop ACTING as if you are someone who is worthy of giving any valid insight,

I've never made such a suggestion. I'm here to debate, just like everyone else.

and then continue on your merry way bashing everyone if you please. Thanks.

If you could show me just one instance where I bash someone, please quote it and show me. I've never once launched personal attacks.

You still don't get it! Wow, you never cease to amaze me. Stop breaking down my entire responses to you to try and pick them apart, and take a step back and realize that the video that you posted does nothing but bash the religion of Christianity! And just because one Christian told you that the video was accurate doesn't mean anything, he doesn't speak for every Christian!

But seriously even if the video was attempting to portray something which is true in the Bible such as, no matter how good you are as a person you must accept Jesus Christ into your life as your Lord and Savior to make it into Heaven, it still makes fun of the concept. So, just because it is accurate, in some regards, doesn't make it less offensive. So, please give me a break man, if you are on this website to truly debate, then please by all means start doing it. However, don't classify that video as debating, when it is nothing more than a compilation of cheap shots!
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 11:05:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 10:57:58 PM, mds1303 wrote:
You still don't get it! Wow, you never cease to amaze me. Stop breaking down my entire responses to you to try and pick them apart, and take a step back and realize that the video that you posted does nothing but bash the religion of Christianity! And just because one Christian told you that the video was accurate doesn't mean anything, he doesn't speak for every Christian!

But seriously even if the video was attempting to portray something which is true in the Bible such as, no matter how good you are as a person you must accept Jesus Christ into your life as your Lord and Savior to make it into Heaven, it still makes fun of the concept. So, just because it is accurate, in some regards, doesn't make it less offensive. So, please give me a break man, if you are on this website to truly debate, then please by all means start doing it. However, don't classify that video as debating, when it is nothing more than a compilation of cheap shots!

Fail. I didn't post the video. That was Freeman. I was referring to the illustration.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mds1303
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 11:53:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 11:05:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/28/2010 10:57:58 PM, mds1303 wrote:
You still don't get it! Wow, you never cease to amaze me. Stop breaking down my entire responses to you to try and pick them apart, and take a step back and realize that the video that you posted does nothing but bash the religion of Christianity! And just because one Christian told you that the video was accurate doesn't mean anything, he doesn't speak for every Christian!

But seriously even if the video was attempting to portray something which is true in the Bible such as, no matter how good you are as a person you must accept Jesus Christ into your life as your Lord and Savior to make it into Heaven, it still makes fun of the concept. So, just because it is accurate, in some regards, doesn't make it less offensive. So, please give me a break man, if you are on this website to truly debate, then please by all means start doing it. However, don't classify that video as debating, when it is nothing more than a compilation of cheap shots!

Fail. I didn't post the video. That was Freeman. I was referring to the illustration.

Wrong....

EPIC FAIL!

Dude I am really sorry AGAIN, I don't want this to be a recurring theme. I suppose I should stop posting so late at night when I appear to be mis-reading/interpreting things. That video was obv. not posted by you, and I am thankful you weren't the one who posted it. Obv. my anger was directed at the wrong person and should be towards Freeman, so Freeman whatever I said to poor old Geo was meant for you!

Again I will not ever hesitate to admit when I am blatantly wrong, and I couldn't have been more wrong in this instance. Obv. we don't agree on numerous beliefs but I do respect that you aren't posting things like Freeman and in fact do not put other people down. Hope you accept my apology.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2010 11:58:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 11:53:16 PM, mds1303 wrote:
At 2/28/2010 11:05:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/28/2010 10:57:58 PM, mds1303 wrote:
You still don't get it! Wow, you never cease to amaze me. Stop breaking down my entire responses to you to try and pick them apart, and take a step back and realize that the video that you posted does nothing but bash the religion of Christianity! And just because one Christian told you that the video was accurate doesn't mean anything, he doesn't speak for every Christian!

But seriously even if the video was attempting to portray something which is true in the Bible such as, no matter how good you are as a person you must accept Jesus Christ into your life as your Lord and Savior to make it into Heaven, it still makes fun of the concept. So, just because it is accurate, in some regards, doesn't make it less offensive. So, please give me a break man, if you are on this website to truly debate, then please by all means start doing it. However, don't classify that video as debating, when it is nothing more than a compilation of cheap shots!

Fail. I didn't post the video. That was Freeman. I was referring to the illustration.

Wrong....

EPIC FAIL!

Dude I am really sorry AGAIN, I don't want this to be a recurring theme. I suppose I should stop posting so late at night when I appear to be mis-reading/interpreting things. That video was obv. not posted by you, and I am thankful you weren't the one who posted it. Obv. my anger was directed at the wrong person and should be towards Freeman, so Freeman whatever I said to poor old Geo was meant for you!

Again I will not ever hesitate to admit when I am blatantly wrong, and I couldn't have been more wrong in this instance. Obv. we don't agree on numerous beliefs but I do respect that you aren't posting things like Freeman and in fact do not put other people down. Hope you accept my apology.

Thanks for the apology and I apologize for any confusion as well.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2010 3:22:17 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/28/2010 1:05:40 PM, Freeman wrote:
What do you personally think happens after you die, if anything?
Go as in-depth as you like.

We stand before the Judgment seat of the risen Christ; we are judged. We either go to heaven or hell.
I do not think this; I know this.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2010 3:31:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/1/2010 3:22:17 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/28/2010 1:05:40 PM, Freeman wrote:
What do you personally think happens after you die, if anything?
Go as in-depth as you like.

We stand before the Judgment seat of the risen Christ; we are judged. We either go to heaven or hell.
I do not think this; I know this.

So you claim...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2010 8:02:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/1/2010 3:22:17 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/28/2010 1:05:40 PM, Freeman wrote:
What do you personally think happens after you die, if anything?
Go as in-depth as you like.

We stand before the Judgment seat of the risen Christ; we are judged. We either go to heaven or hell.
I do not think this; I know this.

How?
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2010 1:07:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/1/2010 3:22:17 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/28/2010 1:05:40 PM, Freeman wrote:
What do you personally think happens after you die, if anything?
Go as in-depth as you like.

We stand before the Judgment seat of the risen Christ; we are judged. We either go to heaven or hell.
I do not think this; I know this.

What if you die before the day of Judgement? Where do you think you are until then. do you think you skip time? do you not belive there is any day at all exept in a personal since like 'the day my ship comes in' is not the same as anothers day? Do you belive you will not die until that day comes cause your pretty sure youll live untill some prophetic date in the future like 2012?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 5:57:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/1/2010 3:31:46 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/1/2010 3:22:17 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/28/2010 1:05:40 PM, Freeman wrote:
What do you personally think happens after you die, if anything?
Go as in-depth as you like.

We stand before the Judgment seat of the risen Christ; we are judged. We either go to heaven or hell.
I do not think this; I know this.

So you claim...

Yes.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 5:59:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/1/2010 8:02:51 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 3/1/2010 3:22:17 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/28/2010 1:05:40 PM, Freeman wrote:
What do you personally think happens after you die, if anything?
Go as in-depth as you like.

We stand before the Judgment seat of the risen Christ; we are judged. We either go to heaven or hell.
I do not think this; I know this.

How?

I am in a personal relationship with God; the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:02:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/1/2010 1:07:32 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/1/2010 3:22:17 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/28/2010 1:05:40 PM, Freeman wrote:
What do you personally think happens after you die, if anything?
Go as in-depth as you like.

We stand before the Judgment seat of the risen Christ; we are judged. We either go to heaven or hell.
I do not think this; I know this.

What if you die before the day of Judgement? Where do you think you are until then. do you think you skip time? do you not belive there is any day at all exept in a personal since like 'the day my ship comes in' is not the same as anothers day? Do you belive you will not die until that day comes cause your pretty sure youll live untill some prophetic date in the future like 2012?

I do not know the answers to most of the above (except no-one knows the date of His return) and I do not need to know; I know this and this only: Christ crucified for our sins, eternal life promised to those who Trust Jesus.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 11:44:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 5:59:08 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/1/2010 8:02:51 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 3/1/2010 3:22:17 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/28/2010 1:05:40 PM, Freeman wrote:
What do you personally think happens after you die, if anything?
Go as in-depth as you like.

We stand before the Judgment seat of the risen Christ; we are judged. We either go to heaven or hell.
I do not think this; I know this.

How?

I am in a personal relationship with God; the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ.

HOW DO YOU KNOW?
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 3:17:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 11:44:36 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 3/2/2010 5:59:08 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/1/2010 8:02:51 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 3/1/2010 3:22:17 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 2/28/2010 1:05:40 PM, Freeman wrote:
What do you personally think happens after you die, if anything?
Go as in-depth as you like.

We stand before the Judgment seat of the risen Christ; we are judged. We either go to heaven or hell.
I do not think this; I know this.

How?

I am in a personal relationship with God; the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ.

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

How do we know anything? that light is light and dark is dark?
I know because He has given me the ability to know.
The Cross.. the Cross.