Jump to topic:

A Challenge To Atheists And Christians

Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 2:40:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Dear random people. I'm on a mission to convert everyone I can to theistic evolution. If you truly believe in your religion, whether christian or atheist, you will defend your stance on creationism or regular evolution. If you don't respond, then your another off the list. Inform your friends. I will welcome any challenges.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 2:43:44 AM
At 7/23/2014 2:40:50 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
Dear random people. I'm on a mission to convert everyone I can to theistic evolution. If you truly believe in your religion, whether christian or atheist, you will defend your stance on creationism or regular evolution. If you don't respond, then your another off the list. Inform your friends. I will welcome any challenges.
I don't know the correct theory on evolution, but I definitely acknowledge its existence. I studied the issue on whether humans evolved from apes, and it seems highly unlikely using basic laws of reason, but at the end of the day, I don't care about evolution enough to spend to much of my science time on it.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 2:47:19 AM
At 7/23/2014 2:43:44 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I don't know the correct theory on evolution, but I definitely acknowledge its existence. I studied the issue on whether humans evolved from apes, and it seems highly unlikely using basic laws of reason, but at the end of the day, I don't care about evolution enough to spend to much of my science time on it.

I can prove theistic evolution. Trust me. Are you up for it?
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 2:47:50 AM
At 7/23/2014 2:47:19 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
What's your theory?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 2:50:03 AM
At 7/23/2014 2:47:50 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
What's your theory?

Let me copy my arguments. I'm on my phone, so I can't copy the photos. I even wrote a report but I doubt you would like to read 10 pages on evolution and bible contradictions.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 2:50:32 AM
At 7/23/2014 2:50:03 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
What's your theory?

Let me copy my arguments. I'm on my phone, so I can't copy the photos. I even wrote a report but I doubt you would like to read 10 pages on evolution and bible contradictions.
I could find the time
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Cooldudebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 2:54:26 AM
At 7/23/2014 2:50:32 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/23/2014 2:50:03 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:
What's your theory?

I could find the time

Okay. Ill find the time to send them to you from my computer tomorrow. Here is just some.

DEFINITION:Evolution Definitions:a process of continuous change from a lower, simpler, or worse to a higher, more complex, or better"Case 1: Proving EvolutionFirst, I would like to prove how evolution is real. In a shocking discovery, we share 98.6% of our DNA with an ape. (1) if you click into link, you can barely tell the ape and human chromosome apart! Yet, when you compare it to a mouse's chromosomes, you can clearly see the difference. This proves that the ape and humans are greatly related. This proves evolution. Still not satisfied? Well, we should prove evolution using man's best friend. It is proven we share 5% of our genome sequence with dogs and mouse. (2) this again proves evolution. Even dogs and mice have a scientific similarity!"Here you can see the images of the human, mouse, and ape chromosomes. As you can see, this points towards evolution, as you can barely see the difference between the human and ape chromosome, but you can clearly see the difference between the mouse and the human.Here you can see the similarities of our brain. However, you will see our brain is considerably larger. This gives us the power to communicate and give us a sense of right and wrong.Here you may see how the skulls start out with a little similarities, but then has a bigger and bigger resemblanceHere you can see the beginnings and current human skulls. When you look at the first one, you see it is very different. It then gradually evolves into the human skull we know today

This is when I first started arguing for evolution, so it is rough. Ill right you up something tomorrow. I have to go to sleep.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:09:16 AM

I studied the issue on whether humans evolved from apes, and it seems highly unlikely using basic laws of reason, ...

I'm not sure about your "basic laws of reason" but we didn't evolve from apes. Only creationists say things like that. Apes and homo sapiens share a common ancestor. Not the same thing as evolving from them.

but at the end of the day, I don't care about evolution enough to spend to much of my science time on it.

An all too common attitude, unfortunately. :-)
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:16:00 AM
At 7/23/2014 8:09:16 AM, dee-em wrote:

I studied the issue on whether humans evolved from apes, and it seems highly unlikely using basic laws of reason, ...

I'm not sure about your "basic laws of reason" but we didn't evolve from apes. Only creationists say things like that. Apes and homo sapiens share a common ancestor. Not the same thing as evolving from them.
I am aware. Sorry for not being politically correct enough ;)
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:25:16 AM
At 7/23/2014 8:16:00 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:09:16 AM, dee-em wrote:

I am aware. Sorry for not being politically correct enough ;)

That isn't a matter of political correctness, dunno why you would think it was. Rather, it's a matter of correctness in general. What you said was a common strawman made by creationists and evolution dissenters in general, and has nothing at all to do with evolution.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:28:37 AM
At 7/23/2014 8:25:16 AM, muzebreak wrote:
That isn't a matter of political correctness, dunno why you would think it was. Rather, it's a matter of correctness in general. What you said was a common strawman made by creationists and evolution dissenters in general, and has nothing at all to do with evolution.
Fair enough. What may of sounded like a scapegoat, in reality, was me pushing forth a conversation I didn't think to much of at the time. I understand evolution well enough. There are logical inconsistencies if we were to have developed from the apes we see today, as it is already self evident that there are massive trait barriers between the two. Although I have a dissenting case against evolutionary theory. Most people recite a theory and sound smart. Others have trouble filling in the gaps.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:49:26 AM

Good luck with that.

I'm on a crusade to prove that invisible pink unicorns are the power behind the Illuminati.
Do you think we might hook up?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Progressivist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:53:53 AM

Go for it!
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:55:47 AM
At 7/23/2014 8:28:37 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Fair enough. What may of sounded like a scapegoat, in reality, was me pushing forth a conversation I didn't think to much of at the time. I understand evolution well enough. There are logical inconsistencies if we were to have developed from the apes we see today, as it is already self evident that there are massive trait barriers between the two. Although I have a dissenting case against evolutionary theory. Most people recite a theory and sound smart. Others have trouble filling in the gaps.

Why do you mention humans evolving from current apes? No one is making that claim, so what's the point in pointing out holes in such a hypothesis?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 9:02:48 AM
At 7/23/2014 8:55:47 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Why do you mention humans evolving from current apes? No one is making that claim, so what's the point in pointing out holes in such a hypothesis?
Do you know what a scape goat is? I said I could point holes in it. I was hoping that would lead to a discussion. I didn't assert anyone wrong like your accusation implies.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 9:05:49 AM
At 7/23/2014 9:02:48 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Do you know what a scape goat is? I said I could point holes in it. I was hoping that would lead to a discussion. I didn't assert anyone wrong like your accusation implies.

No, I know what a scapegoat is. But how the hell does making strawmen push a conversation forward? And even if it did, I can't imagine it would push it in a good direction.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:23:25 AM

And you claim to understand evolution. bwuahahahaa.

You understand the theory of evolution proposed by your backwoods preacher. Go off now and educate yourself and then come back to a real discussion.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:45:22 AM

The overwhelming scientific consensus is that humans came from apes. Does it make any difference whether they came from apes a million years ago or apes today? Oh right, it doesn't.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:50:57 AM
At 7/23/2014 10:45:22 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

The overwhelming scientific consensus is that humans came from apes.

No it isn't.

Your education stopped before kindergarten it would seem and your parents were three toed sloths.

I congratulate you on your capacity to use a keyboard. Not intelligently, but you do use one.

Well done, young thing.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:54:04 AM
At 7/23/2014 10:50:57 AM, bulproof wrote:

No it isn't.

Your education stopped before kindergarten it would seem and your parents were three toed sloths.

I congratulate you on your capacity to use a keyboard. Not intelligently, but you do use one.

Well done, young thing.

Can you stop replying to me until you take your crazy pills please?

We're called Homo Sapiens, literally, man-ape. The scientific consensus is we evolved from apes. More atheshit lies at 12 o clock here.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 12:01:22 PM
At 7/23/2014 10:54:04 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

We're called Homo Sapiens, literally, man-ape.

That's not what that literally means at all.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 12:12:31 PM

I'm fairly familiar with the objective evidence for evolution.

Present the objective evidence for God (or an "intelligent creator").
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 12:14:03 PM

Humans ARE apes.

"Ape" is a biological classification, based on numerous features of physiology, to which humans belong. We didn't "evolve from" apes. We are apes.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 12:15:04 PM

That's a pure Trollmark. You can't "prove" theism, period!
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 12:20:48 PM
At 7/23/2014 2:54:26 AM, Cooldudebro wrote:

DEFINITION:Evolution Definitions:a process of continuous change from a lower, simpler, or worse to a higher, more complex, or better"

Here is your first mistake. The descriptions "higher, more complex, or better" are highly subjective. The phrase you should be seeking is "more adaptable". A less complex organism is often more successful if it can adapt more readily to changes in its environment. Cockroaches are less complex than humans, yet more adaptable than humans. Tardigrades are less complex than cockroaches, yet more adaptable than cockroaches. Are tardigrades "better" than humans? They're certainly a more successful evolutionary form. Are they "higher" than humans? The word "higher" is theistic rhetoric stemming from the belief that gods exist on mountains, above the clouds, or in "higher realms". It's meaningless rhetoric.

That said, tardigrades can survive the radiation, the cold, and the vacuum of space, while humans and cockroaches can't.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 1:31:21 PM

The overwhelming scientific consensus is that humans came from apes. Does it make any difference whether they came from apes a million years ago or apes today? Oh right, it doesn't.

Show me one scientific source making this claim.

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 1:45:51 PM
At 7/23/2014 10:54:04 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 7/23/2014 10:50:57 AM, bulproof wrote:

No it isn't.

Well done, young thing.

Can you stop replying to me until you take your crazy pills please?

We're called Homo Sapiens, literally, man-ape. The scientific consensus is we evolved from apes. More atheshit lies at 12 o clock here.

Actually, we are homo sapien sapien. Which literally translates to man wise wise.

http://en.wikipedia.org...