Jump to topic:

Justice and God

kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 6:04:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Deuteronomy 32:4---All of Gods ways are justice--uncorruptable--a balanced set of Justice scales--an eye for an eye.
This can be applied to two teachings and clear them up

1) Eternal suffering---an impossible reality with Gods justice scales applied---God would not punish a lowly mortal for trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of suffering for 70-90 years of unrepented sin. Impossible.
It was really symbolism for the equal value of one being cut off from God and not being apart of his kingdom for eternity.

2) Jesus being God in the flesh-- not a true teaching when one applies Gods justice scales.
Adam, a perfect sinless mortal, lost a good standing with God for mankind( sin entered) by rebelling and sinning.--( Justice)-- A perfect sinless mortal( Jesus) died a sinless life to buy back what Adam had lost for mankind. If Jesus were God in the flesh--the scales would be tilted( corrupted) --it did not occur that way---Gods word clearly teaches--Jesus was made lower than the angels--a perfect mortal. Not God in the flesh.

This as well helps one to know the true God better.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 7:22:07 PM
At 7/23/2014 6:04:39 PM, kjw47 wrote:
Deuteronomy 32:4---All of Gods ways are justice--uncorruptable--a balanced set of Justice scales--an eye for an eye.

1) Eternal suffering---an impossible reality with Gods justice scales applied---God would not punish a lowly mortal for trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of suffering for 70-90 years of unrepented sin. Impossible.
It was really symbolism for the equal value of one being cut off from God and not being apart of his kingdom for eternity.

2) Jesus being God in the flesh-- not a true teaching when one applies Gods justice scales.
Adam, a perfect sinless mortal, lost a good standing with God for mankind( sin entered) by rebelling and sinning.--( Justice)-- A perfect sinless mortal( Jesus) died a sinless life to buy back what Adam had lost for mankind. If Jesus were God in the flesh--the scales would be tilted( corrupted) --it did not occur that way---Gods word clearly teaches--Jesus was made lower than the angels--a perfect mortal. Not God in the flesh.

Looks more to me like it helps one to know the WatchTower better.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 7:34:04 PM
At 7/23/2014 7:22:07 PM, annanicole wrote:

Are you saying Gods justice scales are tilted( corruptible) --then if these are Gods justice scales,
What do you come up with applying Gods scales to those two teachings?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 7:56:24 PM
At 7/23/2014 7:34:04 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Are you saying Gods justice scales are tilted( corruptible) --then if these are Gods justice scales,

No, I didn't say that. I said that the type of "reasoning"? employed is almost exactly the same as what we experience when some retard who has allegiance to the WatchTower organization comes on here. They come and go, kinda like a toothache.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 6:05:47 AM
At 7/23/2014 7:56:24 PM, annanicole wrote:

No, I didn't say that. I said that the type of "reasoning"? employed is almost exactly the same as what we experience when some retard who has allegiance to the WatchTower organization comes on here. They come and go, kinda like a toothache.

Well how Christian of you to call me names---Why would one do that---because they have 0 answer to truth.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 6:15:29 AM
At 7/24/2014 6:05:47 AM, kjw47 wrote:

Well how Christian of you to call me names---Why would one do that---because they have 0 answer to truth.

I didn't call you names. The people that I called a name are members of an aberrant sect of a fringe group of Christianity. If you do not place your allegiance in the WatchTower organization, the name is not even applicable to you.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 3:12:02 PM
At 7/24/2014 6:15:29 AM, annanicole wrote:

I didn't call you names. The people that I called a name are members of an aberrant sect of a fringe group of Christianity. If you do not place your allegiance in the WatchTower organization, the name is not even applicable to you.

Oh but I do and you know that. I listen to Jesus' real teachers. I shared many of Jesus' truths with you---every trinity Christian I have shared them with have rejected them. Here is another reality for you to Ponder--John 4:22-24---Jesus taught --all true followers are doing this.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 3:28:22 PM
At 7/24/2014 3:12:02 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Oh but I do and you know that. I listen to Jesus' real teachers. I shared many of Jesus' truths with you---every trinity Christian I have shared them with have rejected them. Here is another reality for you to Ponder--John 4:22-24---Jesus taught --all true followers are doing this.

And exactly who are "Jesus' real teachers"? Surely not a motley assortment of folks who have been wrong every time they have opened their mouths on prophesy? Surely not a group who basically re-wrote the New Testament and in so doing handed the world arguably the worst "translation" imaginable? A group that cannot even defend its name or its handling of monies?
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 4:48:05 PM
At 7/24/2014 3:28:22 PM, annanicole wrote:
Surely not a group who basically re-wrote the New Testament and in so doing handed the world arguably the worst "translation" imaginable?

Compared to this? http://www.lolcatbible.com...
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 5:26:11 PM
At 7/24/2014 4:48:05 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Surely not a group who basically re-wrote the New Testament and in so doing handed the world arguably the worst "translation" imaginable?

Compared to this? http://www.lolcatbible.com...

Not far from it
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 6:49:08 PM

And exactly who are "Jesus' real teachers"? Surely not a motley assortment of folks who have been wrong every time they have opened their mouths on prophesy? Surely not a group who basically re-wrote the New Testament and in so doing handed the world arguably the worst "translation" imaginable? A group that cannot even defend its name or its handling of monies?

Reality---The worst altered translations on earth are the ones they have refused to put back Gods personal name where wicked men who had 0 right to remove it did --and then replaced it with titles-GOD--LORD----- one of the biggest atrocities of all time.
I know the NWT is in harmony with the teachings of the bible writers, and I know the error filled trinity translations as well. There never was a trinity served by Gods true servants in the bible.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 8:57:32 PM
At 7/24/2014 6:49:08 PM, kjw47 wrote:

Reality---The worst altered translations on earth are the ones they have refused to put back Gods personal name where wicked men who had 0 right to remove it did --and then replaced it with titles-GOD--LORD----- one of the biggest atrocities of all time.

Why, we have plenty of 2nd century manuscripts, and a 1st-century papyrus of Mark on the way. Where is this removal?

I know the NWT is in harmony with the teachings of the bible writers, and I know the error filled trinity translations as well.

Do you? Take a look at John 8: 58. Why don't you name for us one reputable translation in which the team of translators was downright silly enough to change the present tense ego eimi to the present perfect. You know who did it? Take a guess. On what grammatical basis? Answer: none whatsoever. They took the liberty of altering it simply because they wanted to. That's no way to translate.

There never was a trinity served by Gods true servants in the bible.

In what names do you baptize?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 10:37:51 PM
At 7/24/2014 8:57:32 PM, annanicole wrote:

Why, we have plenty of 2nd century manuscripts, and a 1st-century papyrus of Mark on the way. Where is this removal?

I know the NWT is in harmony with the teachings of the bible writers, and I know the error filled trinity translations as well.

Do you? Take a look at John 8: 58. Why don't you name for us one reputable translation in which the team of translators was downright silly enough to change the present tense ego eimi to the present perfect. You know who did it? Take a guess. On what grammatical basis? Answer: none whatsoever. They took the liberty of altering it simply because they wanted to. That's no way to translate.

Water baptism is a Jewish tradition that has nothing to do with the spirit of God other than being an illusion that has deceived every Christian and Jew who practiced this pagan idea of trying to cleanse oneself from sin.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 11:28:12 PM
At 7/24/2014 10:37:51 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Water baptism is a Jewish tradition that has nothing to do with the spirit of God other than being an illusion that has deceived every Christian and Jew who practiced this pagan idea of trying to cleanse oneself from sin.

Nobody asked ya.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 3:51:50 PM

That's a strange question since no name was ever mentioned in that scripture.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 4:03:21 PM
At 7/25/2014 3:51:50 PM, kjw47 wrote:

I didn't state nor imply that a "name" was mentioned in the specific example of a scripture that the WatchTower deliberately mistranslated.

The question was in direct response to your statement concerning the three. I asked into what name(s) do you baptize? It seems rather odd to me that you would baptize in the name of Jehovah (God), and a created being (god), and, even worse, an active force. That's not much different than baptizing in the name of gravity.
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 5:54:47 PM
At 7/25/2014 4:03:21 PM, annanicole wrote:

I didn't state nor imply that a "name" was mentioned in the specific example of a scripture that the WatchTower deliberately mistranslated.

The question was in direct response to your statement concerning the three. I asked into what name(s) do you baptize? It seems rather odd to me that you would baptize in the name of Jehovah (God), and a created being (god), and, even worse, an active force. That's not much different than baptizing in the name of gravity.

Believe Jesus--John 4:22-24
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 6:25:45 PM
At 7/26/2014 5:54:47 PM, kjw47 wrote:

In other words, you outright refuse to even inform this forum in what name(s) you baptize, or were baptized.

"Nay, we did not so much as hear whether the Holy Spirit was given. And he said, Into what then were ye baptized?"

Thank goodness it was only me that asked you instead of the apostle Paul.

Jesus, by the way, said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost ..."

The very construct indicates that "in the name of" means "by the authority of". Therefore, you are in the strange position of claiming that an active force emanating from God has some sort of authority in and of itself. According to you, Jesus told his disciples to baptize in name of Jehovah, a created god, and a force. And you call that a reasonable doctrine? Better dump the WatchTower. They've led millions astray with their wild guesses.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 11:29:06 AM
At 7/24/2014 11:28:12 PM, annanicole wrote:

Nobody asked ya.

Only God's people of His spirit wants to know who they are. The flesh has made all unbelievers reject His spirit.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 12:18:34 PM
At 7/27/2014 11:29:06 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Nobody asked ya.

Only God's people of His spirit wants to know who they are.

Is that English?

The flesh has made all unbelievers reject His spirit.

No, it hasn't. Their minds rejected the words. Must you speak in rarefied, esoteric, nonsensical phrases?
kjw47
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 1:41:56 PM
At 7/26/2014 6:25:45 PM, annanicole wrote:

In other words, you outright refuse to even inform this forum in what name(s) you baptize, or were baptized.

"Nay, we did not so much as hear whether the Holy Spirit was given. And he said, Into what then were ye baptized?"

Jesus, by the way, said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost ..."

The very construct indicates that "in the name of" means "by the authority of". Therefore, you are in the strange position of claiming that an active force emanating from God has some sort of authority in and of itself. According to you, Jesus told his disciples to baptize in name of Jehovah, a created god, and a force. And you call that a reasonable doctrine? Better dump the WatchTower. They've led millions astray with their wild guesses.

Every religion claiming Christianity baptizes in the name of the Father, son and HS---but 0 name in reality.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 1:53:13 PM
At 7/27/2014 1:41:56 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 7/26/2014 6:25:45 PM, annanicole wrote:

Every religion claiming Christianity baptizes in the name of the Father, son and HS---but 0 name in reality.

No, they don't. So you're wrong again. The Oneness Pentecostal baptize solely "in the name of Jesus" and tell people that they must have the word "Jesus" called out over them during baptism.

Do you baptize in the name of the Father? Do you baptize in the name of the Son, even though He is just a created being? Do you baptize, of all things, in the name of a FORCE? Can you baptize without saying anything?

Which is it? Thus far, you haven't said. By the way, here's what the apostates say:

"Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?"

Where is the record of such a question being asked in all of the New Testament? Answer: there ISN'T one! Not even close. The tards just made it up. What ails them?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 2:09:07 PM
At 7/27/2014 12:18:34 PM, annanicole wrote:

Nobody asked ya.

Is that English?

No, it hasn't. Their minds rejected the words. Must you speak in rarefied, esoteric, nonsensical phrases?

You unbelievers don't understand the difference between the visible us and the invisible us. I could care less if you don't like the way I use English.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 3:30:41 PM
At 7/27/2014 2:09:07 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Nobody asked ya.

Is that English?

You unbelievers don't understand the difference between the visible us and the invisible us. I could care less if you don't like the way I use English.

You frequently do not "use" English: you "misuse" it. You said,

"Only God's people of His spirit wants to know who they are."

The subject of that sentence is "people". It is plural. It'd probably be best if you employed a plural verb, "want", with it.

I'm not saying you are illiterate. I'm saying you are crazy, as in schizophrenic. The problem, however, is multiplied when you write meaningless phrases such as, "If you are looking for something, you probably won't find it." What kind of nonsense is that?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:29:14 PM
At 7/27/2014 6:21:17 PM, kjw47 wrote:
AnnaNicole-- Jesus' real truths prove it all.

Thanks, kjw. That was very enlightening. Too bad you never answered the simplest of questions.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 8:51:19 AM
At 7/27/2014 3:30:41 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 7/27/2014 2:09:07 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Nobody asked ya.

Is that English?

You frequently do not "use" English: you "misuse" it. You said,

"Only God's people of His spirit wants to know who they are."

The subject of that sentence is "people". It is plural. It'd probably be best if you employed a plural verb, "want", with it.

I'm not saying you are illiterate. I'm saying you are crazy, as in schizophrenic. The problem, however, is multiplied when you write meaningless phrases such as, "If you are looking for something, you probably won't find it." What kind of nonsense is that?

Do you have any friends, Anna?
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:32:19 AM
At 7/27/2014 6:29:14 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 7/27/2014 6:21:17 PM, kjw47 wrote:
AnnaNicole-- Jesus' real truths prove it all.

Thanks, kjw. That was very enlightening. Too bad you never answered the simplest of questions.

That is when I know the person putting forth the argument is bogus, when he can't or won't answer even simple questions.

I wonder how kjw47 reconciles in his own mind why he can't or won't answer a simple question? I wonder the same thing about the atheists here. When they can't (or won't) answer, do they feel ashamed? Humiliated? What do they tell themselves is the reason for their inability/unwillingness to answer?

Does it ever make them doubt their beliefs that they are unwilling to answer simple questions about it in public?

I think about myself. Is there any question about Christianity I wouldn't want to answer in public? Is there any Christian belief I have that I would hide if asked about it in public?

No. Not a single one.
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:00:48 AM

I would like to point out a matter of continuity...
We see that the "Eye for an Eye" ideology in Leviticus 17 "Those who kill shall be killed" and Deuteronomy, when concerning slavery. "If your slave should lose a tooth or an eye when you beat him, then you shall repay him by money and freedom, and should he die at your hand in such a way, then you shall be put to death. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." Keep in mind, this is not an exact quote. I paraphrased for lack of a bible on hand.

So what we see is the Jews taking this methodology to mean "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" in every instance of the law. However, Jesus comes along and tells everyone "You have heard it said 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. But I say unto you, 'To him who strikes you on the cheek, turn on him the other."
So what we see is that this law of Eye-for-eye is not what God said would be the law of the land. The Jews took it to mean that it was, but it was not.
Jesus is not giving the Israelites an entirely new law here. He is clarifying it.

Lastly, Deuteronomy says that God is just and upright. What we take this to mean is that God is not unjust or corrupt or evil. It does not take to mean that God is apathetic, but that God is not evil.

I suppose that my overall point here is that Deuteronomy 32:4 as you have described it, points toward exactly what you say. However, I am saying that deuteronomy 32:4 as you have described it, and the heart of God as you have concluded, are inaccurate.

Hope I didn't sound too rude while explaining my point.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind