Total Posts:143|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Oh My God Oh my God Oh My God!!!

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:28:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I finally told my mom I'm an Atheist just a few minutes ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feeeeeeel so greeeeaaaattt!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:32:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:31:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:
idk, I was raised very devout Christian

Volkov would know that if he read your blog.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:33:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:40:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:32:43 PM, Reasoning wrote:
Volkov would know that if he read your blog.

Oh no, you found out my secret. Wait.. I never said that I read his blog! Never said I would, either! Ha, well whaddya know.

Anyways, Freedo; it's good you're getting the information out there, especially to your mother. How did she take it?
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:42:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:40:21 PM, Volkov wrote:

Anyways, Freedo; it's good you're getting the information out there, especially to your mother. How did she take it?

She took it pretty good at first, just calmly asked why. But as I went on explaining myself she got a little emotional. She altogether took it well though.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:43:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
now tell her you profess to be an @hole who cares not but for his "self interest" which is just another way of saying that you've decided to trim away your humanity b/c somehow you've become so misguided/depraved as to think that your humanity is a mark against you're intelligence.

Either that or it's b/c you really are naturally that depraved.

Really I think you're just silly, not really such an @hole.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:44:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:42:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
She took it pretty good at first, just calmly asked why. But as I went on explaining myself she got a little emotional. She altogether took it well though.

It's pretty well not pretty good. Who's your English teacher?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:46:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:43:08 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
now tell her you profess to be an @hole who cares not but for his "self interest" which is just another way of saying that you've decided to trim away your humanity b/c somehow you've become so misguided/depraved as to think that your humanity is a mark against you're intelligence.

Either that or it's b/c you really are naturally that depraved.

Really I think you're just silly, not really such an @hole.

I'm not a psycho egoist anymore, ya know.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:48:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:46:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:43:08 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
now tell her you profess to be an @hole who cares not but for his "self interest" which is just another way of saying that you've decided to trim away your humanity b/c somehow you've become so misguided/depraved as to think that your humanity is a mark against you're intelligence.

Either that or it's b/c you really are naturally that depraved.

Really I think you're just silly, not really such an @hole.

I'm not a psycho egoist anymore, ya know.

lol, so just silly it was! lol
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:50:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:42:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
She took it pretty good at first, just calmly asked why. But as I went on explaining myself she got a little emotional. She altogether took it well though.

Well that's good. Hopefully it doesn't bring you any conflict in the future, though. I know with my mother, she was upset when she first found out, but she's been fine with it ever since.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:52:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why do people act like they are telling their mom that someone died as if atheism is to be looked down upon. I tell my parents my metaphysical views with confidence. I don't think people should act like they're devastating the parent like you did something wrong. If they freak out about it or give you grief, tell them why they're wrong.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:53:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:52:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why do people act like they are telling their mom that someone died as if atheism is to be looked down upon. I tell my parents my metaphysical views with confidence. I don't think people should act like they're devastating the parent like you did something wrong. If they freak out about it or give you grief, tell them why they're wrong.

You think the universe is alive and the world is run by intergalactic lizards. Your parents probably think you're on drugs.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:54:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:53:03 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
the world is run by intergalactic lizards.

I doubt he actually believes that part.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:55:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:52:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why do people act like they are telling their mom that someone died as if atheism is to be looked down upon. I tell my parents my metaphysical views with confidence. I don't think people should act like they're devastating the parent like you did something wrong. If they freak out about it or give you grief, tell them why they're wrong.

In what way did you perceive this thread to be like that??!!

Am I not stressing enough how incredibly happy I am right now??!!!

I AAAMMM HHHHAAAAAAPPPPPPYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:55:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:54:20 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:53:03 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
the world is run by intergalactic lizards.

I doubt he actually believes that part.

Ask him.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:57:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:53:03 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:52:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why do people act like they are telling their mom that someone died as if atheism is to be looked down upon. I tell my parents my metaphysical views with confidence. I don't think people should act like they're devastating the parent like you did something wrong. If they freak out about it or give you grief, tell them why they're wrong.

You think the universe is alive and the world is run by intergalactic lizards. Your parents probably think you're on drugs.

I've actually got both of my parents to agree with me. Actually, my dad was reaching the same realization simultaneously with me. We both discovered David Icke around the same time.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:58:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:57:54 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I've actually got both of my parents to agree with me. Actually, my dad was reaching the same realization simultaneously with me. We both discovered David Icke around the same time.

Does he believe in the intergalactic lizards?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:58:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:54:20 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:53:03 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
the world is run by intergalactic lizards.

I doubt he actually believes that part.

The reptoids are real.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:59:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:58:56 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:54:20 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:53:03 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
the world is run by intergalactic lizards.

I doubt he actually believes that part.

The reptoids are real.

mmmm
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 6:59:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:55:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:52:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why do people act like they are telling their mom that someone died as if atheism is to be looked down upon. I tell my parents my metaphysical views with confidence. I don't think people should act like they're devastating the parent like you did something wrong. If they freak out about it or give you grief, tell them why they're wrong.

In what way did you perceive this thread to be like that??!!

Am I not stressing enough how incredibly happy I am right now??!!!

I AAAMMM HHHHAAAAAAPPPPPPYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Good for you.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 7:02:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:59:51 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:55:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:52:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why do people act like they are telling their mom that someone died as if atheism is to be looked down upon. I tell my parents my metaphysical views with confidence. I don't think people should act like they're devastating the parent like you did something wrong. If they freak out about it or give you grief, tell them why they're wrong.

In what way did you perceive this thread to be like that??!!

Am I not stressing enough how incredibly happy I am right now??!!!

I AAAMMM HHHHAAAAAAPPPPPPYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Good for you.

indeed
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 7:02:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:58:41 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:57:54 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I've actually got both of my parents to agree with me. Actually, my dad was reaching the same realization simultaneously with me. We both discovered David Icke around the same time.

Does he believe in the intergalactic lizards?

We're both David Icke "fans" so maybe. He's read one of his books twice through. He never mentioned his view of that though.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 7:04:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
"I think grown men don't need to be provided with housing, they can go make a hobo shelter in the park :)" - Mattodstrom

Then the city of Keene kicks them out.[1]

[1] http://freekeene.com...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2010 7:06:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/2/2010 6:55:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/2/2010 6:52:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why do people act like they are telling their mom that someone died as if atheism is to be looked down upon. I tell my parents my metaphysical views with confidence. I don't think people should act like they're devastating the parent like you did something wrong. If they freak out about it or give you grief, tell them why they're wrong.

In what way did you perceive this thread to be like that??!!

Am I not stressing enough how incredibly happy I am right now??!!!

I AAAMMM HHHHAAAAAAPPPPPPYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't directed at you really, it was just more of a general statement.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat