Jump to topic:

What are you doing for the gospel?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 9:37:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
As a Christian, i struggle with joy and being apart of God's kingdom, but as i learned from the Bible, Jesus taught that to find joy is to help others find himself. I represent God 24/7 every single because this world needs God. The reason why i joined DDO was essentially to preach the truth of God. I encourage fellow Christians to ask yourselves as i have "What is your purpose in life? What are you doing to advance the kingdom? What are you doing to be a blessing? What are you doing to further the Gospel?
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 3:10:14 PM
At 7/26/2014 9:37:18 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
As a Christian, i struggle with joy and being apart of God's kingdom, but as i learned from the Bible, Jesus taught that to find joy is to help others find himself. I represent God 24/7 every single because this world needs God. The reason why i joined DDO was essentially to preach the truth of God. I encourage fellow Christians to ask yourselves as i have "What is your purpose in life? What are you doing to advance the kingdom? What are you doing to be a blessing? What are you doing to further the Gospel?

Well, the Gospel is how Christ made atonement for sins, by the supreme sacrifice of himself.

So if you don't talk about his blood, and about sin, and God's justice, and redemption, then you aren't doing anything for the Gospel.
CountCheechula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 3:18:20 PM

This first off is wonderful news and let me start by saying peace be with you always through our lord and savior Jesus Christ. We have three goals as Christians. 1) Love God with all your heart and all your soul 2) Love thy neighbor like thyself and 3) spread the gospel all the time as much as possible. I also joined for similar reason and to also defend liberalism as a whole. We (Christians here on DDO) should form some sort of alliance or something, lol.
Every man shall kneel and every tongue will confess.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 3:22:06 PM
At 7/26/2014 3:10:14 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Well, the Gospel is how Christ made atonement for sins, by the supreme sacrifice of himself.

So if you don't talk about his blood, and about sin, and God's justice, and redemption, then you aren't doing anything for the Gospel.

Whew Amen lol
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 3:25:03 PM
At 7/26/2014 3:18:20 PM, CountCheechula wrote:

This first off is wonderful news and let me start by saying peace be with you always through our lord and savior Jesus Christ. We have three goals as Christians. 1) Love God with all your heart and all your soul 2) Love thy neighbor like thyself and 3) spread the gospel all the time as much as possible. I also joined for similar reason and to also defend liberalism as a whole. We (Christians here on DDO) should form some sort of alliance or something, lol.

yeah I totally agree, we as Christians should unite for the purpose of preaching the gospel to people. I believe we're officially called to start revolutions. you gave me a great idea lol.
CountCheechula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 3:26:56 PM
At 7/26/2014 3:25:03 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 7/26/2014 3:18:20 PM, CountCheechula wrote:

yeah I totally agree, we as Christians should unite for the purpose of preaching the gospel to people. I believe we're officially called to start revolutions. you gave me a great idea lol.

Thanks man, but yes we are the people of the day.
Every man shall kneel and every tongue will confess.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 3:49:34 PM

If you came here to preach, get out. The purpose of this website is not so people can preach their dogma, it is to debate, to be open minded, to learn from others.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 3:59:40 PM
At 7/26/2014 3:49:34 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:

If you came here to preach, get out. The purpose of this website is not so people can preach their dogma, it is to debate, to be open minded, to learn from others.

Yeah, unless it's about God. Then all bets are off.

If you can't provide evidence for God, then get out!
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 4:06:15 PM
At 7/26/2014 3:59:40 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 7/26/2014 3:49:34 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:

Yeah, unless it's about God. Then all bets are off.

If you can't provide evidence for God, then get out!

Not even close to what I said.

If you want to preach, then leave. If you want to debate, discuss, etc. then stay. You can easily debate, discuss, etc. the idea of a god. When you want to preach, however, you are not following the purpose of this site.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 5:27:23 PM

Everyone claim they have the truth, to know what is the truth you need follow logic and reason. Saying christainity is the truth is just a claim like others. So you are preaching your idea 'truth' without examining is a waste of energy. Secondly what you holding is not the Gospel, you have Gospels according to mark luke mattew john, and the writers of these Gospels are unknowns one by one. Or i ask you what makes your bible true? If you have proof you welcome.
Never fart near dog
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 8:17:05 PM
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 2:24:28 AM

Perhaps you noticed the name of the site is Debate.org, not Preach.org?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 2:38:02 AM

If you want to do something for the gospels why not try exposing the truth?
- All four canonized gospels were anonymous.
- Authorships were assigned by a vote in the 4th century.
- By the 4th century Christians were commonly reading from over 30 "gospels".
- None of the canonized gospels were written until decades after the supposed death of Jesus.
- Paleography and modern textual criticism shows the true authors never knew Jesus.
- The gospels reveal that they are not written by eye-witnesses to the events.
- The canonized gospels show parallels and copying with both pagan myths and each other.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire