Jump to topic:

Atheists and modern Christians are both wrong

CountCheechula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 1:13:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Look God does exist and he sent his only son here to die a horrible death for all of us. Atheists say the bible is false and the teachings of Jesus are false, modern Christians take his words too far. You first must be very wise to understand the context of his teachings and also truly realize what type of person he really was. You CANNOT be a conservative christian it is an oxymoron. An atheist or agnostic is just lost and has fallen asleep, truly a true christian would give up all positions, sustain from sexual desires and go live in a remote cave and spend about 75% of your day praying along with long fasting and sacrifices. No one even me follows this clearly since i have a computer and lives in a house of course. But it the few that walk the very path and many enter the wide and easy gate. Also I think people going to heaven is boloney because we never intended to go to heaven when we die we just start off in the new earth and just like sleeping it takes a split second to fast forward through time.
Every man shall kneel and every tongue will confess.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 1:16:33 PM
At 7/26/2014 1:13:20 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
Look God does exist and he sent his only son here to die a horrible death for all of us. Atheists say the bible is false and the teachings of Jesus are false, modern Christians take his words too far. You first must be very wise to understand the context of his teachings and also truly realize what type of person he really was. You CANNOT be a conservative christian it is an oxymoron. An atheist or agnostic is just lost and has fallen asleep, truly a true christian would give up all positions, sustain from sexual desires and go live in a remote cave and spend about 75% of your day praying along with long fasting and sacrifices. No one even me follows this clearly since i have a computer and lives in a house of course. But it the few that walk the very path and many enter the wide and easy gate. Also I think people going to heaven is boloney because we never intended to go to heaven when we die we just start off in the new earth and just like sleeping it takes a split second to fast forward through time.

Wow, you just said a bunch of stuff is true without no thought out argument, evidence or theory.

I'm convinced!
CountCheechula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 1:24:32 PM
At 7/26/2014 1:16:33 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

Wow, you just said a bunch of stuff is true without no thought out argument, evidence or theory.

I'm convinced!

Sarcasm? I presume.
Every man shall kneel and every tongue will confess.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2014 7:50:47 PM
At 7/26/2014 7:41:13 PM, bulproof wrote:
You mean his son is dead? Bugga.

https://www.youtube.com... bogga booga booga!!
Never fart near dog
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 4:35:02 AM

Demonstrating the validity of the bible and the claims found within is not an inherent concept encompassed in atheism, albeit certain claims in the bible can be demonstrably verified as false. Atheism can't be wrong because atheism does not posit the non-existence of god. Atheism is the lack of a belief in a god as a direct consequence of insufficient evidence. That is a position that is neither wrong nor correct.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:05:51 PM
At 7/27/2014 4:35:02 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Demonstrating the validity of the bible and the claims found within is not an inherent concept encompassed in atheism, albeit certain claims in the bible can be demonstrably verified as false. Atheism can't be wrong because atheism does not posit the non-existence of god. Atheism is the lack of a belief in a god as a direct consequence of insufficient evidence.

Nobody minds a person saying, "I see no reason to believe in God because I see insufficient evidence of His existence." That's perfectly fine. Not one in a hundred has ever even examined the all of the evidence. Perhaps not one in a thousand. It would be very hard to do so. So it's more correctly worded:

"I see no reason to believe in God because what little evidence I've studied did not confirm His existence satisfactorily to me."

The last time I discussed the fulfillments of NT prophesies concerning the siege and destruction of Jerusalem, I was told that the Romans probably leaked military intelligence of a planned siege 35 years in the future to Jesus.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 8:57:11 PM
At 7/27/2014 6:05:51 PM, annanicole wrote:

Demonstrating the validity of the bible and the claims found within is not an inherent concept encompassed in atheism, albeit certain claims in the bible can be demonstrably verified as false. Atheism can't be wrong because atheism does not posit the non-existence of god. Atheism is the lack of a belief in a god as a direct consequence of insufficient evidence.

Nobody minds a person saying, "I see no reason to believe in God because I see insufficient evidence of His existence." That's perfectly fine. Not one in a hundred has ever even examined the all of the evidence. Perhaps not one in a thousand. It would be very hard to do so. So it's more correctly worded:

"I see no reason to believe in God because what little evidence I've studied did not confirm His existence satisfactorily to me."

The last time I discussed the fulfillments of NT prophesies concerning the siege and destruction of Jerusalem, I was told that the Romans probably leaked military intelligence of a planned siege 35 years in the future to Jesus.

You mean, a city in the middle east will be destroyed? What a prophecy! So surprising it came true.

Guys, I predict there will be a war in the future involving the United States and Russia. Call it divine revelation once it happens, and if it doesn't happen, don't worry, it'll happen in the future!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 11:00:50 PM
At 7/27/2014 8:57:11 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 7/27/2014 6:05:51 PM, annanicole wrote:

You mean, a city in the middle east will be destroyed? What a prophecy! So surprising it came true.

Guys, I predict there will be a war in the future involving the United States and Russia. Call it divine revelation once it happens, and if it doesn't happen, don't worry, it'll happen in the future!

Within the next 40 yrs?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 9:15:07 AM

Prove it.