Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If I was god

Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 5:28:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 4:49:50 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
If I was god, I would.......
Please fill in the blank.

Response: Do the same thing as God does now. That is the only answer anyone can logically have. Doing anything else would not be God.
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 5:33:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 5:30:31 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Perhaps you should phrase it as if someone had the abilities of God....

Done. You have the abilities of god, go ahead then.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 5:49:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 5:33:13 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 7/27/2014 5:30:31 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Perhaps you should phrase it as if someone had the abilities of God....

Done. You have the abilities of god, go ahead then.

Response: I personally would still do nothing different than what God does now.
superflymegastallion
Posts: 370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:02:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 5:49:00 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/27/2014 5:33:13 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
At 7/27/2014 5:30:31 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Perhaps you should phrase it as if someone had the abilities of God....

Done. You have the abilities of god, go ahead then.

Response: I personally would still do nothing different than what God does now.

I would have thought perhaps ridding the world of child rape could be on the list of things that a god could change. But we'll keep it your way I guess. Thanks for playing! At least you're honest, I respect that!
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:03:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 5:49:00 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I personally would still do nothing different than what God does now.

That would be nothing then.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:08:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 4:49:50 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:
If I was god, I would.......


... make every future man born with his penis in the back instead of the front.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:12:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 6:02:30 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:

I would have thought perhaps ridding the world of child rape could be on the list of things that a god could change. But we'll keep it your way I guess. Thanks for playing! At least you're honest, I respect that!

Response: In Islam. it is taught that this life is a test, and that every person born chose to live this life to be tested, in hopes of earning a reward in the Hereafter. That means that every hardship is a part of the test, including rape. As such, ending child rape or any hardship would be an injustice on my part, since that would defeat the very purpose of life and creating humankind to begin with.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:12:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 6:03:38 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 7/27/2014 5:49:00 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I personally would still do nothing different than what God does now.

That would be nothing then.

Response: Exactly.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:18:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 6:12:53 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/27/2014 6:03:38 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 7/27/2014 5:49:00 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I personally would still do nothing different than what God does now.

That would be nothing then.

Response: Exactly.

Response: And a god who does absolutely nothing is indistinguishable from a god who doesn't exist.

Thank you for verifying that for us.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:20:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 6:18:27 PM, dee-em wrote:

Response: And a god who does absolutely nothing is indistinguishable from a god who doesn't exist.

Thank you for verifying that for us.

Response: Yet a God that does exist and does something is no different than a God that does the same.

Thank you for making my point.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:30:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 6:20:15 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Yet a God that does exist and does something is no different than a God that does the same.

Thank you for making my point.

Pardon? What was your point?

You have already admitted that god does nothing.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:33:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 6:30:03 PM, dee-em wrote:

Pardon? What was your point?

You have already admitted that god does nothing.

Response: Yet the fact that you can't quote any post of mine saying I admit God does not exist says otherwise. Thanks for the clarification.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 6:56:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 6:33:54 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/27/2014 6:30:03 PM, dee-em wrote:

Pardon? What was your point?

You have already admitted that god does nothing.

Response: Yet the fact that you can't quote any post of mine saying I admit God does not exist says otherwise. Thanks for the clarification.

How does that say otherwise? You don't have to admit that a god does not exist. What you have admitted to is that god does nothing. I maintain that a god who does nothing is indistinguishable from a god who does not exist. Do you agree?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 7:06:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 6:56:13 PM, dee-em wrote:

How does that say otherwise? You don't have to admit that a god does not exist. What you have admitted to is that god does nothing. I maintain that a god who does nothing is indistinguishable from a god who does not exist. Do you agree?

Response: Yet the fact that you still failed to quote any post of mine saying God does nothing, once again exposes you. At least you are consistent. You don't have to admit that God does exist, for it won't change that God does.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 7:25:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 7:06:23 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Yet the fact that you still failed to quote any post of mine saying God does nothing, once again exposes you. At least you are consistent. You don't have to admit that God does exist, for it won't change that God does.

Perhaps your grasp of the English language is not very good. Let's give you the benefit of the doubt. Go back and read posts #7 and #10 again.

Just to be clear, you were saying that you would do nothing different from what god does now, and my response was that you would do nothing then (because that is what god does now).
Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 7:30:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 7:25:23 PM, dee-em wrote:

Perhaps your grasp of the English language is not very good. Let's give you the benefit of the doubt. Go back and read posts #7 and #10 again.

Just to be clear, you were saying that you would do nothing different from what god does now, and my response was that you would do nothing then (because that is what god does now).

Response: Rather, it is clear that your English is not up to par, which is why you still won't quote the post with the words you say I stated. So you should follow your own advice and read post 7 and 10 over again, or I can just help you perhaps grasp and learn English a little better so you won't have this problem again.

As for the rest, I stated that I would do nothing different from what God does now, and you responded that this means that I would do nothing. I responded "exactly". Nothing above says that God does not exist.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 7:31:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 7:28:24 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
If I was God I would do nothing in this world because I don't exist!!!!!!!

Am I cool yet, guys????????????

Not by a long shot. You don't understand logic do you?
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 7:35:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 7:30:46 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Rather, it is clear that your English is not up to par, which is why you still won't quote the post with the words you say I stated. So you should follow your own advice and read post 7 and 10 over again, or I can just help you perhaps grasp and learn English a little better so you won't have this problem again.

As for the rest, I stated that I would do nothing different from what God does now, and you responded that this means that I would do nothing. I responded "exactly". Nothing above says that God does not exist.

Is this as painful for others to read as it is for me to participate in? Can anyone really be that obtuse? I'm done.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 7:39:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If I were God, I would've grown weary of my rebellious, ungrateful, arrogant human creations who think they know better than me and I'd wipe them all out.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 7:44:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 7:35:03 PM, dee-em wrote:

Is this as painful for others to read as it is for me to participate in? Can anyone really be that obtuse? I'm done.

Response: When you fail to comprehend simple basic English, while trying contend others' English at the same time, it's bound to be complicated. So my suggestion is for you to learn the language, so you won't have this problem.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 7:47:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 7:31:28 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 7/27/2014 7:28:24 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
If I was God I would do nothing in this world because I don't exist!!!!!!!

Am I cool yet, guys????????????

Not by a long shot. You don't understand logic do you?

I was making a joke. I understand they can be hard to understand when you suffer from autism though www.psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism.
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 8:53:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 6:12:05 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/27/2014 6:02:30 PM, superflymegastallion wrote:

I would have thought perhaps ridding the world of child rape could be on the list of things that a god could change. But we'll keep it your way I guess. Thanks for playing! At least you're honest, I respect that!

Response: In Islam. it is taught that this life is a test, and that every person born chose to live this life to be tested, in hopes of earning a reward in the Hereafter. That means that every hardship is a part of the test, including rape. As such, ending child rape or any hardship would be an injustice on my part, since that would defeat the very purpose of life and creating humankind to begin with.

Unfalsifiable claim. Unfalsifiable claims don't belong on a debate forum.
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 8:55:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 7:47:45 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 7/27/2014 7:31:28 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 7/27/2014 7:28:24 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
If I was God I would do nothing in this world because I don't exist!!!!!!!

Am I cool yet, guys????????????

Not by a long shot. You don't understand logic do you?

I was making a joke. I understand they can be hard to understand when you suffer from autism though www.psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism.

And you think that because A sometimes leads to B, B always is a result of A. Even if autism always caused atheism, which it doesn't, it still wouldn't be the case that a given atheist is autistic. Stop being offensive, please.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 9:00:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 8:53:45 PM, Hematite12 wrote:


Unfalsifiable claim. Unfalsifiable claims don't belong on a debate forum.

Response: Weak rebuttal. A weak rebuttal means your logic fails to refute the claim, thus supporting the evidence of the claim. Thanks.
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 9:02:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 9:00:53 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/27/2014 8:53:45 PM, Hematite12 wrote:


Unfalsifiable claim. Unfalsifiable claims don't belong on a debate forum.

Response: Weak rebuttal. A weak rebuttal means your logic fails to refute the claim, thus supporting the evidence of the claim. Thanks.

You don't know what unfalsifiable claims are, do you?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 9:10:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 9:02:29 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

You don't know what unfalsifiable claims are, do you?

Response: I know what a weak rebuttal is, which is what you continue to make. Thus making my point.
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 9:11:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/27/2014 9:10:42 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 7/27/2014 9:02:29 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

You don't know what unfalsifiable claims are, do you?

Response: I know what a weak rebuttal is, which is what you continue to make. Thus making my point.

Google unfalsifiable claims and why they aren't helpful. I can link a page to you, if you want.