Jump to topic:

Don't have too many friends

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 9:30:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I used to think that if your popular, you'd make a difference in the world and be good in the community, it means that your a great person, etc. but a specific bible verse has been laid upon my heart and it speaks wisdom to my mind, that's why i feel Solomon to be a father.

Proverbs 18:24 "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

A person who has too many friends comes to ruin because they seek too much security from them, limiting actual quality time which is very important because if you don't have quality time, you can't see who's fake and lose some people. Focus on being a great friend to at least one or two people.
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 10:25:18 AM
At 7/28/2014 9:30:59 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I used to think that if your popular, you'd make a difference in the world and be good in the community, it means that your a great person, etc. but a specific bible verse has been laid upon my heart and it speaks wisdom to my mind, that's why i feel Solomon to be a father.

Proverbs 18:24 "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

A person who has too many friends comes to ruin because they seek too much security from them, limiting actual quality time which is very important because if you don't have quality time, you can't see who's fake and lose some people. Focus on being a great friend to at least one or two people.

Did you really just confuse "friend" with "companion?"
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 3:22:07 PM
At 7/28/2014 9:30:59 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Note that proverbs says MAY come to ruin