Jump to topic:

Christian friends deserting the faith?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 11:42:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So how does it feel to watch your friends and family "deconvert" and become unbelievers? Concerning faith, i lost my brother, my sister, and possibly my dad to unbelief as well as other buds. I saw how one of my friends converted to Christianity and actually shared my faith with him then i watched him convert to mormonism.

All i have to say is: that's why i don't put my trust in Christian friends to keep me up in a sense. Mom leaves the faith? Oh well...Christian bud i've known for years suddenly becomes atheist? Farewell...I'm still not going to lose hope or give up, life goes on and so does my walk in Christ. Don't despair or cry over a friend/family leaving the faith, it's not worth it. Don't even put your trust in me to be your only Christian friend cuz you never know, although i know i will never deconvert, you don't know that and i wouldn't be surprised if you left the faith..
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 12:13:53 AM
Once you were surrounded by eagles, but they have all flown and you are left with just the turkeys.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 12:20:19 AM
At 7/28/2014 11:42:15 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
So how does it feel to watch your friends and family "deconvert" and become unbelievers? Concerning faith, i lost my brother, my sister, and possibly my dad to unbelief as well as other buds. I saw how one of my friends converted to Christianity and actually shared my faith with him then i watched him convert to mormonism.

Well, the Baptists would just say they were never real believers to start with, else they couldn't have possibly become unbelievers. Of course, that's just one of many errors.

You didn't give the reason for these changes. Surely there was one. Or multiple ones.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 1:26:30 AM
At 7/28/2014 11:42:15 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

All i have to say is: that's why i don't put my trust in Christian friends to keep me up in a sense. Mom leaves the faith? Oh well...Christian bud i've known for years suddenly becomes atheist? Farewell...I'm still not going to lose hope or give up, life goes on and so does my walk in Christ. Don't despair or cry over a friend/family leaving the faith, it's not worth it. Don't even put your trust in me to be your only Christian friend cuz you never know, although i know i will never deconvert, you don't know that and i wouldn't be surprised if you left the faith..
It's happening all over. Just as people have slowly moved away from volcano worship and sun gods, they're beginning to realize that all other gods are simply reinvented versions of the same primitive ideas. Some estimates suggest that by 2050, the world will be primarily secular.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire