Jump to topic:

Embrace the power of prayer

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 4:50:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've been experiencing so much pain, confusion, distress, etc. bad things happen, bad thoughts, etc. But God is trying to communicate with me that i need his power through power. Sometimes i fear death approaching me out in the streets and in my house, i fear an evil presence coming to attack me and condemn for all the wrongs i did. Nevertheless God tells me "Cry out to me! I'm here! I am your source of power!" I was able to support harsh insults, be almost fearless, keep a peace in mind, exercise so much spiritual power, patience through the power of prayer. The Hebrew word for prayer conveys the image of a servant begging a king for his needs. This is how you should bow before your heavenly king.

So stop doing things your own, absorb the Spirit, breath in the fruits of patience, gentleness, joy, love, meekness, etc. stop doing your will and submit to the will of God as you admit your weaknesses, accepting his strengths. Claim your victory over the power of evil, death, sin, your problems, fulfill your destiny, let God completely take over your very being
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 4:55:38 PM
It's more important that people embrace the fact that in dozens of objective studies on prayer, it has been shown repeatedly to be incapable of altering outcomes.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 4:58:58 PM
At 7/29/2014 4:50:57 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I've been experiencing so much pain, confusion, distress, etc. bad things happen, bad thoughts, etc. But God is trying to communicate with me that i need his power through power. Sometimes i fear death approaching me out in the streets and in my house, i fear an evil presence coming to attack me and condemn for all the wrongs i did.

Religiously induced paranoia. This is exemplary of some of the damage religion does.

Don't worry. God isn't going to "get you" for the bad things you've done. Nor is Satan. (If Satan existed, he'd want you to do bad things, right? Even though that's not quite biblical.) This is just religion acting as a daytime nightmare because you're pretty gullible and now you're living in continual fear. But rather than accept the reality, you're trying to console yourself with the very beliefs that are causing the problem in the first place. Atheists never fear God, never fear Satan, and yet, don't seem to suffer for their disbelief, (aside from rejection by theists).
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 5:19:48 PM
At 7/29/2014 4:58:58 PM, Beastt wrote:
I've been experiencing so much pain, confusion, distress, etc. bad things happen, bad thoughts, etc. But God is trying to communicate with me that i need his power through power. Sometimes i fear death approaching me out in the streets and in my house, i fear an evil presence coming to attack me and condemn for all the wrongs i did.

Religiously induced paranoia. This is exemplary of some of the damage religion does.

No, it's an example of heretical nonsense. God isn't communicating with the boy at all, other than through the Scriptures (which apparently he has not studied).

Don't worry. God isn't going to "get you" for the bad things you've done. Nor is Satan. (If Satan existed, he'd want you to do bad things, right? Even though that's not quite biblical.) This is just religion acting

It's an example of religion not based upon the NT.

as a daytime nightmare because you're pretty gullible and now you're living in continual fear. But rather than accept the reality, you're trying to console yourself with the very beliefs that are causing the problem in the first place. Atheists never fear God, never fear Satan, and yet, don't seem to suffer for their disbelief, (aside from rejection by theists).

I do not recall the Bible teaching that atheists, pagans, etc. would suffer in this world because of their beliefs. So you're an atheist. You don't seem to suffer any more than the next person. Thus, you think you've found something.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2014 11:59:04 PM
At 7/29/2014 5:19:48 PM, annanicole wrote:

No, it's an example of heretical nonsense. God isn't communicating with the boy at all, other than through the Scriptures (which apparently he has not studied).

Don't worry. God isn't going to "get you" for the bad things you've done. Nor is Satan. (If Satan existed, he'd want you to do bad things, right? Even though that's not quite biblical.) This is just religion acting

as a daytime nightmare because you're pretty gullible and now you're living in continual fear. But rather than accept the reality, you're trying to console yourself with the very beliefs that are causing the problem in the first place. Atheists never fear God, never fear Satan, and yet, don't seem to suffer for their disbelief, (aside from rejection by theists).

I do not recall the Bible teaching that atheists, pagans, etc. would suffer in this world because of their beliefs. So you're an atheist. You don't seem to suffer any more than the next person. Thus, you think you've found something.

God deploys knowledge to mankind via scripture?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2014 1:27:06 AM
At 7/29/2014 11:59:04 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Bingo
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2014 2:09:43 AM
At 7/30/2014 1:27:06 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 7/29/2014 11:59:04 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Bingo

You can't scream bingo when you don't have any of the numbers. The old ladies will beat you to death with their zimmer frames.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
TheNight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2014 1:47:36 PM

Don't worry. God isn't going to "get you" for the bad things you've done. Nor is Satan. (If Satan existed, he'd want you to do bad things, right? Even though that's not quite biblical.) This is just religion acting as a daytime nightmare because you're pretty gullible and now you're living in continual fear. But rather than accept the reality, you're trying to console yourself with the very beliefs that are causing the problem in the first place. Atheists never fear God, never fear Satan, and yet, don't seem to suffer for their disbelief, (aside from rejection by theists).

How is it religiously induced paranoia? This person's distress could've easily been caused by events such as the death of a family member. If you are referring directly towards the guilt this person experiences, remember that he also acknowledges that God cares about him. People who believe in that type of God acknowledge that they are forgiven of what they have done. Their problem is forgiving them selves. Last time I checked, the entire human race, theists and atheists, have problems with that. Also, what exactly is your "reality"? Is it a place without God?
-TheNight
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2014 2:48:52 PM
I've been experiencing so much pain, confusion, distress, etc. bad things happen, bad thoughts, etc. But God is trying to communicate with me that i need his power through power. Sometimes i fear death approaching me out in the streets and in my house, i fear an evil presence coming to attack me and condemn for all the wrongs i did. Nevertheless God tells me "Cry out to me! I'm here! I am your source of power!" I was able to support harsh insults, be almost fearless, keep a peace in mind, exercise so much spiritual power, patience through the power of prayer. The Hebrew word for prayer conveys the image of a servant begging a king for his needs. This is how you should bow before your heavenly king.

So stop doing things your own, absorb the Spirit, breath in the fruits of patience, gentleness, joy, love, meekness, etc. stop doing your will and submit to the will of God as you admit your weaknesses, accepting his strengths. Claim your victory over the power of evil, death, sin, your problems, fulfill your destiny, let God completely take over your very being

No.
Just NO.
This is among the most sick and twisted of beliefs I have ever heard. Can christianity get any more lazy and stupid than this? I doubt it.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.