Total Posts:74|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why are Theists so Afraid?

bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.
jh1234l
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 8:31:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

I so agree. Why. Because God doesnt exist as BOP lies on Christian and theres absence of evidencefor God. Absense of evidence means evidence of absense because if God exist does invisible pink unicorn too. Christian say that God exist because alot people belief it, butt its argumentem ad populem or something like that.

Evolution is true because BOP lie on christian to disprove evolution as evolution is Status Quo and lack of adequately evidence for evolution or absense of evidence does not mean evidence of absense, but only for evolution and not for God. Its not a double standerd because scientits belif in evolution and I trust them because their wear white lab coats. If evolution its false then does gravity is false too.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:38:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 9:23:31 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Don't be scared Bul.

Oh little matty is back to demonstrate his stupidity. Good for you matty.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:43:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 9:38:26 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/31/2014 9:23:31 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Don't be scared Bul.

Oh little matty is back to demonstrate his stupidity. Good for you matty.

Hey we gotz something in common :)
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:46:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 9:43:30 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/31/2014 9:38:26 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/31/2014 9:23:31 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Don't be scared Bul.

Oh little matty is back to demonstrate his stupidity. Good for you matty.

Hey we gotz something in common :)

Nah I've been here a while now. You must be thinking of someone else.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:48:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 9:46:23 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/31/2014 9:43:30 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/31/2014 9:38:26 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/31/2014 9:23:31 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Don't be scared Bul.

Oh little matty is back to demonstrate stupidity. Good for you matty.

Hey we gotz something in common :)

Nah I've been here a while now. You must be thinking of someone else.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 3:28:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

One would have to be a complete stone not to notice this. But it's not at all uncommon, nor should it be unexpected. Obviously, they realize that they don't have a valid argument. But if they admit that their beliefs are wrong, they feel like they'd be giving up eternal paradise because this is something promised to then through their beliefs. We all have the desire to feel completely vindicated, to have injustices corrected, and to believe that we're more than the sum of our parts. And despite the complete lack of evidence for those things, any belief system promising them (even after death), becomes highly attractive to people driven more by emotion, than by reason.

So when reason slaps them in the face and they can't rationally over-come that reason, they react out of fear. It's the fear of losing what they never really had, but believed that they had. And the more frightened they become, the more aggressively they argue.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 3:52:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

Sounds to me like it's struck a nerve.

Well, don't just be afraid, come to Christ and be saved.

Christ said:
"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will
by no means cast out."
(John 6:37)
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 4:52:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

In your dreams, irrational troll.

I have zip fear of your and other atheist meaningless twaddle of no-nothings, egotists without a shred of spiritual experience trying to tell people with spiritual experience about it? Totally nuts, but that's our atheist egotists on daily parade here as TROLLS chasing Christians because they don't even know about theotropism that propels their clinging to Christian forums in order to exist as shadows of theism.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 5:06:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 3:52:07 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

Sounds to me like it's struck a nerve.

Well, don't just be afraid, come to Christ and be saved.

Christ said:
"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will
by no means cast out."
(John 6:37)

Again, "coming to Christ" makes as much sense as "coming to 'Red Riding Hood'". Both are more likely myths than anything else, and more importantly, you don't have a single word ever uttered by either of them. But the real kicker is that you're so disinterested, that you've never bothered to learn that you don't have any "words of Jesus".
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 5:20:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Beast, you have no spiritual consciousness so of course the words don't mean anything to you spiritually as they do to us who have spiritual consciousness of God. When you have spiritual consciousness the words are true to what "pulls" you to Christ consciousness. Someday you spiritually disabled people will understand you are disabled mentally as our human brains come equipped to process spiritual phenomena but in atheist brains, that ability hasn't been developed. Atheism statistically is the belief system found in upperclass society where secularism is the dominant belief system. It would appear that spiritual consciousness is like language learning in human beings, that without a home environment encouraging language learning it doesn't get learned. The Yuppie homes don't teach spiritual consciousness so these people's brains are unable to recognize spiritual events and thus think they don't exist. Yuppies are what percentage of the population, 2%? kinda like the 2% Super Rich and 2% Jewish population. Atheism is the religion of Yuppies and thus always a small minority of the population because the wealth isn't shared and neither is humanitarian concern found in true spiritual consciousness.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 5:27:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 5:20:27 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Beast, you have no spiritual consciousness so of course the words don't mean anything to you spiritually as they do to us who have spiritual consciousness of God. When you have spiritual consciousness the words are true to what "pulls" you to Christ consciousness. Someday you spiritually disabled people will understand you are disabled mentally as our human brains come equipped to process spiritual phenomena but in atheist brains, that ability hasn't been developed. Atheism statistically is the belief system found in upperclass society where secularism is the dominant belief system. It would appear that spiritual consciousness is like language learning in human beings, that without a home environment encouraging language learning it doesn't get learned. The Yuppie homes don't teach spiritual consciousness so these people's brains are unable to recognize spiritual events and thus think they don't exist. Yuppies are what percentage of the population, 2%? kinda like the 2% Super Rich and 2% Jewish population. Atheism is the religion of Yuppies and thus always a small minority of the population because the wealth isn't shared and neither is humanitarian concern found in true spiritual consciousness.

On spiritual events, is there any real evidence of said events?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Cassius
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 5:56:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

Afraid of what?
I used to be Nur-Ab-Sal.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 6:00:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 9:38:26 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/31/2014 9:23:31 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Don't be scared Bul.

Oh little matty is back to demonstrate his stupidity. Good for you matty.

Do you have to be harsh on the guy?
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 6:11:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 5:20:27 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Beast, you have no spiritual consciousness so of course the words don't mean anything to you spiritually as they do to us who have spiritual consciousness of God. When you have spiritual consciousness the words are true to what "pulls" you to Christ consciousness. Someday you spiritually disabled people will understand you are disabled mentally as our human brains come equipped to process spiritual phenomena but in atheist brains, that ability hasn't been developed. Atheism statistically is the belief system found in upperclass society where secularism is the dominant belief system. It would appear that spiritual consciousness is like language learning in human beings, that without a home environment encouraging language learning it doesn't get learned. The Yuppie homes don't teach spiritual consciousness so these people's brains are unable to recognize spiritual events and thus think they don't exist. Yuppies are what percentage of the population, 2%? kinda like the 2% Super Rich and 2% Jewish population. Atheism is the religion of Yuppies and thus always a small minority of the population because the wealth isn't shared and neither is humanitarian concern found in true spiritual consciousness.

Sorry, dumb@ss... Working class stiff, here.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 6:19:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 8:31:07 AM, jh1234l wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

I so agree. Why. Because God doesnt exist as BOP lies on Christian and theres absence of evidencefor God. Absense of evidence means evidence of absense because if God exist does invisible pink unicorn too. Christian say that God exist because alot people belief it, butt its argumentem ad populem or something like that.

Evolution is true because BOP lie on christian to disprove evolution as evolution is Status Quo and lack of adequately evidence for evolution or absense of evidence does not mean evidence of absense, but only for evolution and not for God. Its not a double standerd because scientits belif in evolution and I trust them because their wear white lab coats. If evolution its false then does gravity is false too.

I'm guessing that you're not trolling. It would be better if you were, though.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 6:21:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

Afraid of what?
annanicole
Posts: 19,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 6:23:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 6:21:12 PM, stubs wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

Afraid of what?

He doesn't know. It's "beyond comprehension". It's also "beyond observation", as far as I'm concerned: I've never seen it, other then when theists try to prove something because they "feel" it. I have seen that one, repeatedly.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 6:38:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 5:20:27 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Beast, you have no spiritual consciousness
Nor do you. Consciousness is physical, not spiritual. And until you can provide objective evidence for "the spiritual", you need to face the fact that it's a made-up bullcrap realm, designed for hiding all of the bullcrap, made-up entities. Get this through your head; all of these ridiculous claims come from people with no more evidence or experience of such things, than those of us who point out that they're all imaginary.

so of course the words don't mean anything to you spiritually as they do to us
They mean "emotional". When a theist starts talking about having a "spiritual experience", it always comes down to unbridled emotionalism.

who have spiritual consciousness of God.
You don't have any special form of consciousness. That's really quite silly. You have an irrational "belief" in God. And that's all.

When you have spiritual consciousness the words are true to what "pulls" you to Christ consciousness.
Again, that's quite silly. If Jesus existed, he's dead. He died a looooong time ago. And you should probably make yourself aware that there really isn't sufficient evidence for Jesus to credibly proclaim that he actually existed, even as an ordinary man.

Someday you spiritually disabled people will understand you are disabled mentally as our human brains come equipped to process spiritual phenomena
Oh hush. You're just regurgitating irrational stories. They're meaningless. I was a theist for 33-years and convinced myself of all the same ridiculous things you're spouting. But when I finally began to view things rationally - from a desire for truth, rather than emotional pacification - I realized how effective confirmation-bias can be. And that's all you've done. You've used your bias to confirm things which simply aren't true. And now you're trying to lecture people on issues for which you have not a single shred of credible evidence. Not one!

but in atheist brains, that ability hasn't been developed.
Again, you're just being a silly, SILLY person. I was a theist for 33-years. I've been an atheist for about 22-years. So my brain has been a "theist brain" and an "atheist brain". And guess what? It's the same brain! I've simply learned to use it to understand the world around me, instead of trying to make the world around me fit my wants and desires.

Atheism statistically is the belief system found in upperclass society where secularism is the dominant belief system.
Atheism is simply the belief that no gods exist. And you find it in all walks of society. But you find it more among the more intelligent, the better educated, and the scientific elite.

It would appear that spiritual consciousness is like language learning in human beings, that without a home environment encouraging language learning it doesn't get learned.
And yet, I grew up in a home of proclaimed "spiritual consciousness". So I'm afraid you need to flush. Your bowl is obviously overflowing and still steaming.

The Yuppie homes don't teach spiritual consciousness so these people's brains are unable to recognize spiritual events and thus think they don't exist.
The association you're making isn't with "yuppie homes". I certainly didn't grow up in a yuppie home, or a yuppie environment. My parents raised four children on a janitor's wages. The association you're making is that atheists tend to be more intelligent than theists. This has been confirmed in at least 53 objective studies seeking a correlation between religiosity and intellect. Atheists tend to be smarter, and we use that intellect to break free of the silly primitive fear-based superstitions you still accept. Your ideas are about 5,000 years behind human intellectual development. You're holding onto primitive ideas, no more justified or accurate, than simple sun worship, or volcano gods. Indeed, your beliefs stem from those beliefs.

Yuppies are what percentage of the population, 2%? kinda like the 2% Super Rich and 2% Jewish population. Atheism is the religion of Yuppies and thus always a small minority of the population because the wealth isn't shared and neither is humanitarian concern found in true spiritual consciousness.

Atheism IS NOT a religion. And I have pure sympathy for any theist too stupid to be able to figure out that the complete lack of religion, ISN'T a religion. That's one of the dumbest things anyone can say. Atheism is the belief in the purely objective and rather obvious observation that no gods exist. And if you can't manage to process that in that tiny malfunctioning glob of neurons, then it's no wonder you believe in bronze-age sky-fairies.

But DON'T you dare think that holding an irrational, primitive, intellectually deficient mindset puts you in any position to lecture ANYONE about anything. Capisce?

You're here to learn, not to teach.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 8:39:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 3:28:29 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

One would have to be a complete stone not to notice this. But it's not at all uncommon, nor should it be unexpected. Obviously, they realize that they don't have a valid argument. But if they admit that their beliefs are wrong, they feel like they'd be giving up eternal paradise because this is something promised to then through their beliefs. We all have the desire to feel completely vindicated, to have injustices corrected, and to believe that we're more than the sum of our parts. And despite the complete lack of evidence for those things, any belief system promising them (even after death), becomes highly attractive to people driven more by emotion, than by reason.

So when reason slaps them in the face and they can't rationally over-come that reason, they react out of fear. It's the fear of losing what they never really had, but believed that they had. And the more frightened they become, the more aggressively they argue.

I rarely see so many false ideas in one post... well with the exception of borno and a couple others, but nice try though "real scaaary", hope it felt good for ya lol.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:05:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 8:39:20 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/31/2014 3:28:29 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

One would have to be a complete stone not to notice this. But it's not at all uncommon, nor should it be unexpected. Obviously, they realize that they don't have a valid argument. But if they admit that their beliefs are wrong, they feel like they'd be giving up eternal paradise because this is something promised to then through their beliefs. We all have the desire to feel completely vindicated, to have injustices corrected, and to believe that we're more than the sum of our parts. And despite the complete lack of evidence for those things, any belief system promising them (even after death), becomes highly attractive to people driven more by emotion, than by reason.

So when reason slaps them in the face and they can't rationally over-come that reason, they react out of fear. It's the fear of losing what they never really had, but believed that they had. And the more frightened they become, the more aggressively they argue.


I rarely see so many false ideas in one post... well with the exception of borno and a couple others, but nice try though "real scaaary", hope it felt good for ya lol.

Nice complete lack of a refutation.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:13:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm not scared. You claim there is no evidence for God. There is plenty of evidence. That is why I believe. You're pathetic attempt to paint believers as a bunch of ignorant fools is laughable. Troll harder.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:36:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 9:05:58 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:39:20 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/31/2014 3:28:29 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

One would have to be a complete stone not to notice this. But it's not at all uncommon, nor should it be unexpected. Obviously, they realize that they don't have a valid argument. But if they admit that their beliefs are wrong, they feel like they'd be giving up eternal paradise because this is something promised to then through their beliefs. We all have the desire to feel completely vindicated, to have injustices corrected, and to believe that we're more than the sum of our parts. And despite the complete lack of evidence for those things, any belief system promising them (even after death), becomes highly attractive to people driven more by emotion, than by reason.

So when reason slaps them in the face and they can't rationally over-come that reason, they react out of fear. It's the fear of losing what they never really had, but believed that they had. And the more frightened they become, the more aggressively they argue.


I rarely see so many false ideas in one post... well with the exception of borno and a couple others, but nice try though "real scaaary", hope it felt good for ya lol.

Nice complete lack of a refutation.

I know myself that's all I need there's not really anything to refute, this is merely a judgement of character, upon which of these assertions would you like to know is untrue? they basically all are lol.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:40:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 9:36:08 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/31/2014 9:05:58 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:39:20 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/31/2014 3:28:29 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

One would have to be a complete stone not to notice this. But it's not at all uncommon, nor should it be unexpected. Obviously, they realize that they don't have a valid argument. But if they admit that their beliefs are wrong, they feel like they'd be giving up eternal paradise because this is something promised to then through their beliefs. We all have the desire to feel completely vindicated, to have injustices corrected, and to believe that we're more than the sum of our parts. And despite the complete lack of evidence for those things, any belief system promising them (even after death), becomes highly attractive to people driven more by emotion, than by reason.

So when reason slaps them in the face and they can't rationally over-come that reason, they react out of fear. It's the fear of losing what they never really had, but believed that they had. And the more frightened they become, the more aggressively they argue.


I rarely see so many false ideas in one post... well with the exception of borno and a couple others, but nice try though "real scaaary", hope it felt good for ya lol.

Nice complete lack of a refutation.

I know myself that's all I need there's not really anything to refute, this is merely a judgement of character, upon which of these assertions would you like to know is untrue? they basically all are lol.

No, you don't "know". That's very much the point. You "believe". And your belief mimics the billions of people through thousands of years, who also believed in Gods for which they had no objective evidence. And you believe these people were all wrong, and their gods didn't actually exist. Yet you're willing to follow in their foot-steps, continuing to believe in that for which you have absolutely zero objective evidence.

And again, a blanket denial, instead of any kind of credible or rational refutation... because you can't.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Martley
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:52:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

I see your point but I don't know if I agree totally with you. The human brain does few things better than justification. Ones own ability to justify ones beliefs can trump reason. The whole divide between theists and atheists is the justification of reason. Theists will not accept the lack of scientific reason, and atheists will not accept unproven supernatural claims. It is a divide no one is willing to cross.
A Black Belt is a white belt who never quit.

The best time to do something was 20 years ago.... the second best to do something is now.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:59:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 8:31:07 AM, jh1234l wrote:
Evolution is true because BOP lie on christian to disprove evolution as evolution is Status Quo and lack of adequately evidence for evolution or absense of evidence does not mean evidence of absense, but only for evolution and not for God. Its not a double standerd because scientits belif in evolution and I trust them because their wear white lab coats.

I know, don't trust those damn white coats. They don't know anything. Just like those white coats walking around in hospitals. Next time you're there just walk out and pray you'll get better because that sure beats listening to them. And while we're at it be sure to ignore all those damn structural engineers who think they know how to build skyscrapers, and all those electricians who think they actually know something about electricity, and all those mechanics who think they know how to fix cars, and all those guys who put satellites in space...

Ignore all of that. As long as you have a book at home, you have all the answers. No need listening to people who earn a living understanding how reality works.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 10:21:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 9:52:04 PM, Martley wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

I see your point but I don't know if I agree totally with you. The human brain does few things better than justification. Ones own ability to justify ones beliefs can trump reason. The whole divide between theists and atheists is the justification of reason. Theists will not accept the lack of scientific reason, and atheists will not accept unproven supernatural claims. It is a divide no one is willing to cross.

In the underlined, why do you believe that? It's not that anyone will not accept "scientific reasoning" it's that the study of physical things is not compatible with a spiritual Creator (meaning an Entity who is not physical), it's an argument from ignorance. The reason we don't rely on science to establish questions concerning God is because we first understand the nature of God, science is not above what it can't observe, it would be like trying to understand car mechanics utilizing an art book, the nature of both sources are just different.
What the Atheist wants to do is shove it down our throats and when they get no answer to their demands they ridicule and wonder why theists in the religion forum can't possibly come up with some kind of objective evidence for God lol.
There is no "divide" I'm not willing to cross, I'd rather there be no divide and that both sides understand each other but first there needs to be an understanding of the actual nature of God before we can establish anything else.
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 12:00:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/31/2014 10:21:58 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 7/31/2014 9:52:04 PM, Martley wrote:
At 7/31/2014 8:25:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
The general trend of the theists postings on this forum show an element of fear that is beyond comprehension. It is sad really.

I see your point but I don't know if I agree totally with you. The human brain does few things better than justification. Ones own ability to justify ones beliefs can trump reason. The whole divide between theists and atheists is the justification of reason. Theists will not accept the lack of scientific reason, and atheists will not accept unproven supernatural claims. It is a divide no one is willing to cross.

In the underlined, why do you believe that? It's not that anyone will not accept "scientific reasoning" it's that the study of physical things is not compatible with a spiritual Creator (meaning an Entity who is not physical), it's an argument from ignorance. The reason we don't rely on science to establish questions concerning God is because we first understand the nature of God, science is not above what it can't observe, it would be like trying to understand car mechanics utilizing an art book, the nature of both sources are just different.
What the Atheist wants to do is shove it down our throats and when they get no answer to their demands they ridicule and wonder why theists in the religion forum can't possibly come up with some kind of objective evidence for God lol.
There is no "divide" I'm not willing to cross, I'd rather there be no divide and that both sides understand each other but first there needs to be an understanding of the actual nature of God before we can establish anything else.

And yet this purely spiritual god is a very recent development in the evolution of god. It wasn't so long ago that the presence of god could be determined by rainfall, by volcanoes, by good crops, by bad crops in fact a plethora of evidence was available. That is until science started explaining all of these events, the world became so crowded by knowledge that your god just had to disappear and no longer be detectable.

Amazing really.