Jump to topic:

Who on DDO thinks i'm Jewish?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:07:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm a unique "not your average" Christian, but i can see why people would think i'm Jewish possibly for the following reasons:

the look - most people say i look middle eastern with the beard and i had arabs and others friend me on Facebook lol

The language - I know Biblical Hebrew and know about how ancient Hebrews thought more than most people

I'm circumcised

Church/synagogue - while i believe it's the Christians who have the truth of God, i tend to hang around Jews just to understand their beliefs and ways of thinking.

While i stick to spiritual truths strictly from the Bible, i share the perspectives of ancient peoples, but also compare and contrast them with Jewish writings (Talmud, Midrash, Zohar, Kabbalah, etc.) I also incorporate Jewish history and culture as i progress in the study.

Music - I appreciate all kinds of music, including Jewish/Israelite music

That being said, i can see why i could be mistaken for a Jew lol.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:18:34 AM
You know how ancient hebrews thought? bwuahahahahahahahaha
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 12:11:22 PM
I have serious doubts that you truly understand how the ancient jews felt. Even if you find that you share similar knowledge of Jewish practices as a Conservative or perhaps even lighter Orthodox Rabbi, and may share many similar qualities such as knowledge of a language and perhaps a basic study on the Old Testament, knowing the true perspective of an ancient Jew is uncertain. We do not know what their society was like, and our documentation in the pre-Alexandrian era is spotty at best.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 12:45:23 PM
At 7/31/2014 9:18:34 AM, bulproof wrote:

at least he know language you dont know moron
Never fart near dog
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 3:25:44 PM
At 7/31/2014 12:11:22 PM, Lordgrae wrote:
I have serious doubts that you truly understand how the ancient jews felt. Even if you find that you share similar knowledge of Jewish practices as a Conservative or perhaps even lighter Orthodox Rabbi, and may share many similar qualities such as knowledge of a language and perhaps a basic study on the Old Testament, knowing the true perspective of an ancient Jew is uncertain. We do not know what their society was like, and our documentation in the pre-Alexandrian era is spotty at best.

Very true, we can never truly know exactly how ancient Jews felt with the point where we're at now, but i was just asking about people's perception of me lol.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 5:08:26 PM
You're another Seeker who hasn't Found thus still seeks. You, like most people assume Abrahamic religions are complete within themselves and their Books and do not understand that Abrahamic religions have their roots in earlier pagan religions, e.g. the Torah concept which now no rabbis know its true historical origin. If rabbis do not know where their foundational doctrine of the Torah comes from then what's that say about their knowledge of other spiritual things? It says Judaism is a fraud is what it tells the intelligent reviewer and thus demands a whole new recounting of what Bible stories, events and characters mean.

I teach Celestial Torah Christianity which is root Christianity going back 35,000 years to the very first religious meaning put into a human created artifact, the Lion Man figurine that is an astrological creation of Leo and Aquarius, the original formation of the Sphinx and Jewish Ariel, Lion-Man icons that represent the Messianic tension between the Man face of God and the Animal face. It is celestially represented in the Grand Cross of Heaven of Fixed Signs that comprise the four faces of the Chariot of God, the Merkabah as Ezekiel described it. Lion/Bull/Man/Eagle= Leo/Taurus/Aquarius/Scorpio.

Here's that Leo-Aquarius tension mentioned in the Gospel of Thomas:

"Jesus said, 'Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the lion whom the lion consumes and the lion becomes man."

Ariel Sharon was a perfect example of how the lion consumed the man and mad him into an animal in human form. The Man must head the Lion to form the true Angel of Peace, Angel of Jerusalem, Ariel, the Lion of God.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 5:57:29 PM
At 7/31/2014 3:25:44 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Very true, we can never truly know exactly how ancient Jews felt with the point where we're at now, but i was just asking about people's perception of me lol.

I don't think you are Jewish, but then again, I was raised Jewish, and all Jews have a secret 'Goyim detector'.
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 6:09:31 PM
At 7/31/2014 9:07:48 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I'm a unique "not your average" Christian, but i can see why people would think i'm Jewish possibly for the following reasons:

the look - most people say i look middle eastern with the beard and i had arabs and others friend me on Facebook lol

The language - I know Biblical Hebrew and know about how ancient Hebrews thought more than most people

I'm circumcised

Church/synagogue - while i believe it's the Christians who have the truth of God, i tend to hang around Jews just to understand their beliefs and ways of thinking.

While i stick to spiritual truths strictly from the Bible, i share the perspectives of ancient peoples, but also compare and contrast them with Jewish writings (Talmud, Midrash, Zohar, Kabbalah, etc.) I also incorporate Jewish history and culture as i progress in the study.

Music - I appreciate all kinds of music, including Jewish/Israelite music

That being said, i can see why i could be mistaken for a Jew lol.

It's not for any of the above reasons, but yeah, you seem Jewish for some reason.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 9:10:03 PM
At 7/31/2014 5:57:29 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

I don't think you are Jewish, but then again, I was raised Jewish, and all Jews have a secret 'Goyim detector'.

I was raised secular but am Jewish and I have a low tolerance for drek and a ganoff poseur with his "Goyim detector"..My Celestial Torah Decoder Ring I got in my matzaball box tells me the grey lordeth lieth.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 12:37:28 AM

Lol that cuz I am Goyim
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 12:45:46 AM
At 7/31/2014 9:18:34 AM, bulproof wrote:

Great contribution. I'm so glad you're on this site. This intellect is impressive.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 10:29:08 PM
At 7/31/2014 9:10:03 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

I was raised secular but am Jewish and I have a low tolerance for drek and a ganoff poseur with his "Goyim detector"..My Celestial Torah Decoder Ring I got in my matzaball box tells me the grey lordeth lieth.

I was born into a Jewish family, and was raised as a semi-secular East Coast Reform Jew, about 25 miles outside of Philidelphia. The few people in my family who are not Jewish either married into the family, were born to one of my Jewish relatives and a non-jewish in-law and were not raised Jewish, or married a non-jew and converted.

What more do you need? I could tell you about the Jewish Youth Group I'm in, BBYO. I could name my synagogue. I could write a few paragraphs about my Jewish Confirmation class. (they gave out coffee and donuts. It was great)
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 10:30:53 PM
At 8/1/2014 10:29:08 PM, Lordgrae wrote:

I was born into a Jewish family, and was raised as a semi-secular East Coast Reform Jew, about 25 miles outside of Philidelphia. The few people in my family who are not Jewish either married into the family, were born to one of my Jewish relatives and a non-jewish in-law and were not raised Jewish, or married a non-jew and converted.

What more do you need? I could tell you about the Jewish Youth Group I'm in, BBYO. I could name my synagogue. I could write a few paragraphs about my Jewish Confirmation class. (they gave out coffee and donuts. It was great)

Also, let me just say that I very much dislike Matzo in any other form than soup, or heavily buttered. It is just way to dry.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 10:56:58 PM
Well, what can I say but "every tink iss bootiful, in it's oy vey, oh, every tink iss bootiful in it's oy vey..Sing along now, "EVERY TINK ISS BOOTIFUL," etc, etc..
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 9:12:20 AM

Oh yeah, also, Grae, is not a misspelling of the word Grey. Rather, it is a shortening of the fictional Elvish name 'Graesil'.