Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Porn for bibles anyone?

Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 4:46:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Those students are full of win. 10/10
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
ournamestoolong
Posts: 1,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 5:01:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/4/2010 4:46:34 PM, Korashk wrote:
Those students are full of win. 10/10

Agreed.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
collegekitchen5
Posts: 66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 8:25:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
IMO it just makes them look immature. The atheists I know are all anti-evangelism.

Seems like these are pro hatred.

Really the only thing these atheists are doing are basically trying to offend anyone who believes in God. Their purpose isn't to educate or convert others to Atheism simply to show hatred and cause disruption among their student populous.

It's the equivalent of a bunch of Christians openly mocking atheism and attempting to mock their belief.

Most Christians I know only attempt to convert others to Christianity out of love. These idiots are attempting to get attention and cause outrage through hatred.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 9:19:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/4/2010 8:25:03 PM, collegekitchen5 wrote:
Yeah, Askbob can get butthurt too.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 9:25:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/4/2010 8:25:03 PM, collegekitchen5 wrote:
These idiots are attempting to get attention and cause outrage through hatred.

Why is this a problem?

I think you're falsely assuming that the group's intention is to argue philosophy. In reality, they're goal is merely to make a lot of noise and to get attention, and there is nothing wrong with doing that. Like with any minority group that wants equal rights in society, you gotta get yourself on the map. These college students are doing this well.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 9:30:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/4/2010 9:25:56 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 3/4/2010 8:25:03 PM, collegekitchen5 wrote:
These idiots are attempting to get attention and cause outrage through hatred.

Why is this a problem?

I think you're falsely assuming that the group's intention is to argue philosophy. In reality, they're goal is merely to make a lot of noise and to get attention, and there is nothing wrong with doing that. Like with any minority group that wants equal rights in society, you gotta get yourself on the map. These college students are doing this well.

Really? What equal rights are atheists denied that other groups have?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
collegekitchen5
Posts: 66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 9:42:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/4/2010 9:25:56 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 3/4/2010 8:25:03 PM, collegekitchen5 wrote:
These idiots are attempting to get attention and cause outrage through hatred.

Why is this a problem?

I think you're falsely assuming that the group's intention is to argue philosophy.
No, if that was their intention I would respect it slightly more than promoting their cause out of hatred.

In reality, they're goal is merely to make a lot of noise and to get attention, and there is nothing wrong with doing that.

Since when are demonstrations that have no real purpose except to upset people in order to get attention considered to be "nothing wrong"

I thought you frowned against trolling?

Like with any minority group that wants equal rights in society, you gotta get yourself on the map. These college students are doing this well.

Lol what equal rights are they being denied?
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 9:46:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/4/2010 9:30:09 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 3/4/2010 9:25:56 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 3/4/2010 8:25:03 PM, collegekitchen5 wrote:
These idiots are attempting to get attention and cause outrage through hatred.

Why is this a problem?

I think you're falsely assuming that the group's intention is to argue philosophy. In reality, they're goal is merely to make a lot of noise and to get attention, and there is nothing wrong with doing that. Like with any minority group that wants equal rights in society, you gotta get yourself on the map. These college students are doing this well.

Really? What equal rights are atheists denied that other groups have?

Perhaps "rights" was the wrong word. But I like this video.

I realize it's long, so here are the main points:
- Woah, why do atheists tend to be so spiteful?
- Tangents are cool. Why are some blacks so spiteful against white person? It's because after five-hundred years of slavery, some are still spiteful.
- Anyway, atheists are the last minority that are truly discriminated against. If you're prejudiced against Jews, you know on some of level that your anti-Semitic. But if you're prejudiced against atheists, you're just flat-out against them.
- Examples: George Bush said that atheists should not be considered citizens. In addition, only 40% of Americans would vote for an otherwise qualified atheist, a percentage lower than any other minority, including gays, Muslims, Jews, Mormons, and Scientologists. (Not said in the video, but we have religion forced on us everywhere: on money, in the pledge, in our laws, et cetera.)
- Personal example: I grew up in a very rich neighborhood, where I was beat up for saying I didn't believe in God.
- So, this spitefulness is a reaction: "Uh oh, I'm being persecuted."
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2010 9:49:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/4/2010 9:42:44 PM, collegekitchen5 wrote:
In reality, they're goal is merely to make a lot of noise and to get attention, and there is nothing wrong with doing that.

Since when are demonstrations that have no real purpose except to upset people in order to get attention considered to be "nothing wrong"

Gay pride parades. Why have them? To create visibility.

This group merely wants to get attention for a minority that has very little visibility.

I thought you frowned against trolling?

I'm against trolling over trivial things, like, for example, a website. Also, the trolling I've seen here has no profound reason behind it.

Like with any minority group that wants equal rights in society, you gotta get yourself on the map. These college students are doing this well.

Lol what equal rights are they being denied?

See above post.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2010 11:57:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/4/2010 8:25:03 PM, collegekitchen5 wrote:
IMO it just makes them look immature. The atheists I know are all anti-evangelism.

Seems like these are pro hatred.

Really the only thing these atheists are doing are basically trying to offend anyone who believes in God. Their purpose isn't to educate or convert others to Atheism simply to show hatred and cause disruption among their student populous.

It's the equivalent of a bunch of Christians openly mocking atheism and attempting to mock their belief.

Most Christians I know only attempt to convert others to Christianity out of love. These idiots are attempting to get attention and cause outrage through hatred.

If they stole religious texts and replaced them with porn, I see an issue. If they sit at a table and offer the exchange of a religious text for a pornography magazine, I don't see the issue,
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2010 5:58:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/6/2010 11:57:57 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 3/4/2010 8:25:03 PM, collegekitchen5 wrote:
IMO it just makes them look immature. The atheists I know are all anti-evangelism.

Seems like these are pro hatred.

Really the only thing these atheists are doing are basically trying to offend anyone who believes in God. Their purpose isn't to educate or convert others to Atheism simply to show hatred and cause disruption among their student populous.

It's the equivalent of a bunch of Christians openly mocking atheism and attempting to mock their belief.

Most Christians I know only attempt to convert others to Christianity out of love. These idiots are attempting to get attention and cause outrage through hatred.

If they stole religious texts and replaced them with porn, I see an issue. If they sit at a table and offer the exchange of a religious text for a pornography magazine, I don't see the issue,

The issue is that it is extremely offensive.
signature
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2010 6:27:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Paul wrote that the law was brought up because there was evil first. Without God who can say evil is evil or unjust or just? It is not about society, society only reminds you of the law, but you, the individual hold to your own conscious.

Now, the Bible speaks in different tones, for example there is some parts of the Bible which are meant to be taken liberally and there are other parts which are meant to be taken fundamentally. The Bible not once contradicts its self. The Bible for example, might say something like this, "167 troops marched to Babylon from the west..." On one page, and then in the next chapter it will read, "267 troops marched to Babylon from the west..." And then the atheists will go, "Ah, look a contradiction!" When really it explains that another 100 troops were also joining the 167 and will meet at Babylon. But altogether there is 267 troops marching from the west, and the writer decided to add them together instead of saying, "167 troops marched from the west along with another 100 troops..."

The Bible is a record of the Jewish history, like history it is not as simply as a bed time story where contradictions don't dare to go, but contractions will seem to settle in the Bible because it was written by many authors, at different times who wrote it different styles. Think about it.

And to the 'trade your Bible in for porn' suggestion, why not trade your Bible in for gruesome, bloody and vial pictures of dead, tortured mutilated men and woman? Because that is also in the public just as much as porn is. Go see for you're self, everything is available on the net.
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2010 6:31:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/4/2010 9:46:51 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
- Anyway, atheists are the last minority that are truly discriminated against. If you're prejudiced against Jews, you know on some of level that your anti-Semitic. But if you're prejudiced against atheists, you're just flat-out against them.
- Examples: George Bush said that atheists should not be considered citizens. In addition, only 40% of Americans would vote for an otherwise qualified atheist, a percentage lower than any other minority, including gays, Muslims, Jews, Mormons, and Scientologists. (Not said in the video, but we have religion forced on us everywhere: on money, in the pledge, in our laws, et cetera.)

What about anarchists?

"When compared with the suppression of anarchy every other question sinks into insignificance. The anarchist is the enemy of humanity, the enemy of all mankind, and his is a deeper degree of criminality than any other. No immigrant is allowed to come to our shores if he is an anarchist; and no paper published here or abroad should be permitted circulation in this country if it propagates anarchist opinions." - Theodore Roosevelt
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran