Jump to topic:

There must be balance between good and evil

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 4:01:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Most people think that we must always pick the good and reject the evil, but the eastern mind does not work that way. We often think that good always comes from God and evil from Satan. I beg to differ and i will explain why

The tree of knowledge of good and evil and of life is a great example. You cannot have one or the other. Clearly, knowledge of good and evil are inseparable. Most people think that Satan has some form of control over our lives and i will argue why that's not true, but that God brings both good and evil in our lives for a purpose. Satan tempts Eve, but does nothing to force her to break God's commandment. Satan goes to God in order to test Job, but he is granted power from God to do so. Isaiah says "I [God] make peace and create evil.." and "I the LORD do all these things.."

Some say that God can only be in the light and not in the darkness, i disagree. "And the people stood at a distance and Moses approached the heavy darkness where God was." (Exodus 20:21). God knows that too much light will kill us, so he shrouds himself in darkness just as he separated light from the darkness and created balance. God is merciful, compassionate, but also wrathful and causes evil (not saying he's evil, but he lets bad things happen). Heaven comes from the progressive destruction of evil in this world of both good and evil. Hell is for those who rob themselves of purpose in rejecting Jesus Christ. With that in mind, we should seek meaning in both good and evil in this earth.

Your welcome to debate me on the topic.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2014 4:13:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/2/2014 4:01:25 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Most people think that we must always pick the good and reject the evil, but the eastern mind does not work that way. We often think that good always comes from God and evil from Satan. I beg to differ and i will explain why

The tree of knowledge of good and evil and of life is a great example. You cannot have one or the other. Clearly, knowledge of good and evil are inseparable. Most people think that Satan has some form of control over our lives and i will argue why that's not true, but that God brings both good and evil in our lives for a purpose. Satan tempts Eve, but does nothing to force her to break God's commandment. Satan goes to God in order to test Job, but he is granted power from God to do so. Isaiah says "I [God] make peace and create evil.." and "I the LORD do all these things.."

Some say that God can only be in the light and not in the darkness, i disagree. "And the people stood at a distance and Moses approached the heavy darkness where God was." (Exodus 20:21). God knows that too much light will kill us, so he shrouds himself in darkness just as he separated light from the darkness and created balance. God is merciful, compassionate, but also wrathful and causes evil (not saying he's evil, but he lets bad things happen). Heaven comes from the progressive destruction of evil in this world of both good and evil. Hell is for those who rob themselves of purpose in rejecting Jesus Christ. With that in mind, we should seek meaning in both good and evil in this earth.

Your welcome to debate me on the topic.

I agree with balance. I am a servant of the spirits that control the balances, Aerion Kingsbane, Adnak the Beast, Arcessum the Summoner, Alphia the Enchantress and Arinn the Mother.

However, I fundamentally disagree with the premises of 'good' and 'evil'.

I do believe that there is 'wrong' and 'right' based on my moral principles of Utilitarian Humanism, but to label something as 'evil' requires a certain absolutist morality that I do not believe in. Even Hitler, by another's standards, may be considered good, or perhaps not as evil for his rebuilding of Germany economically. I would of course, disagree, but the point is that there is no absolute morality agreed upon by everyone, or a infinitely powerful being. Therefore, good and evil do not exist, though I can still say that the majority of what he did is 'wrong' based on my perceptions of what benefits society as a whole.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved