Jump to topic:

Trillions ^n of stars

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 11:25:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
There are trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of stars in this universe.

Mankind hasn't even discovered all that exists on our little planet and yet some are willing to claim what every other planet revolving every one of those stars IS.

More than that they are willing to declare everything about this unbelievable universe based upon the writings of long dead ignorant, misogynist, slave owning, infanticidal, goat shaggers.

Them dumb fuks didn't even know there was a fukking moon. But their followers know that everything has a cause.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 11:51:19 AM
At 8/3/2014 11:25:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
There are trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of stars in this universe.

Mankind hasn't even discovered all that exists on our little planet and yet some are willing to claim what every other planet revolving every one of those stars IS.

More than that they are willing to declare everything about this unbelievable universe based upon the writings of long dead ignorant, misogynist, slave owning, infanticidal, goat shaggers.

Them dumb fuks didn't even know there was a fukking moon. But their followers know that everything has a cause.

Thank you Captain Obvious.
Ashton
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 11:53:52 AM
At 8/3/2014 11:51:19 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Thank you Captain Obvious.

There's one.

I just saw it flying past.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 11:52:57 PM
<snip>
But their followers know that everything has a cause.

It doesn't greatly matter how big the universe is. There is a principle in science called uniformitarianism. It's not unreasonable to presume that the physical laws we experience in our locality apply throughout the entire universe. Much of cosmology would not be possible without that assumption.

Having said that, there are other ways to attack the first premise of Kalam. :-)
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 12:09:47 AM

Its a privilege to have a moron like you in this site. nobody is willing to declare everything about the universe just based upon some writings, science is science and religion is religion. generalizing things makes you look stupid you stupid.
Never fart near dog
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 4:41:44 AM
At 8/3/2014 11:52:57 PM, dee-em wrote:
<snip>
But their followers know that everything has a cause.

It doesn't greatly matter how big the universe is. There is a principle in science called uniformitarianism. It's not unreasonable to presume that the physical laws we experience in our locality apply throughout the entire universe. Much of cosmology would not be possible without that assumption.

Having said that, there are other ways to attack the first premise of Kalam. :-)

There are good reasons to think that assumption does hold. We have measured what happens all over the cosmos, the gravitational constant, the brightness of supernovas, the spacing in the spectral lines of hydrogen & other elements.

That all point to a very uniform universe.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 8:27:08 AM

Only a few of us know that everything we see are only illusions. It's you ignorant people who believe this universe is our reality.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:00:14 AM
At 8/4/2014 8:27:08 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Only a few of us know that everything we see are only illusions. It's you ignorant people who believe this universe is our reality.

Sooo.... the matrix is real?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:15:39 AM

Sometimes I think you're actually a religious nutjob who's sole purpose on this site is to make anti-theists look as stupid, ignorant and bigoted as possible.

You're a bad person and you should feel bad about how little you are worth.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 12:35:52 PM
At 8/4/2014 11:15:39 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:

Sometimes I think you're actually a religious nutjob who's sole purpose on this site is to make anti-theists look as stupid, ignorant and bigoted as possible.

I've wondered the same thing.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 8:31:14 PM
At 8/4/2014 11:00:14 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

I haven't watched the matrix since it was first out but yes, it's the thoughts that count, not the illusions that we observe. Only God's saints receive the knowledge of God to understand the strong delusion we're living in that has deceived man from knowing the Truth of our existence. Now I know that what we experience is only a dream of God's.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:12:47 PM
At 8/4/2014 8:31:14 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I haven't watched the matrix since it was first out but yes, it's the thoughts that count, not the illusions that we observe. Only God's saints receive the knowledge of God to understand the strong delusion we're living in that has deceived man from knowing the Truth of our existence. Now I know that what we experience is only a dream of God's.

So, we are little dream people?

And how do you know this? Where did you get this enlightenment from?

Dr_Obvious
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:24:01 PM

He doesn't need to. There are plenty of real atheists who do that already.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 8:22:07 AM
At 8/4/2014 10:12:47 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Directly from our designer and creator. It took about six years to acquire the information to understand that everything we observe is only a dream.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 8:34:43 AM
At 8/5/2014 8:22:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Directly from our designer and creator. It took about six years to acquire the information to understand that everything we observe is only a dream.

So he told you personally?

RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:48:20 AM

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 10:08:18 AM
At 8/5/2014 8:34:43 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 8/5/2014 8:22:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:

So he told you personally?

He has me write and speak for Him in the English language that I learned while growing up in this world. This is how He teaches me who I am and how He created everything. Before He began having me write and speak for Him, He used to come into my mind and give me commands to obey, which could be anything from verbal words spoken, visions during confession and repentance, dreams or strong desires to force me to do something.
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:16:14 PM
At 8/4/2014 10:24:01 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:

You would be the authority on bigotry, as you exhibit it so well.
Dr_Obvious
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:18:38 PM
At 8/5/2014 12:16:14 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:

Examples? How am I a bigot?
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:21:02 PM
At 8/5/2014 12:18:38 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/5/2014 12:16:14 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:

Examples? How am I a bigot?

http://www.debate.org...

Here, you refer to Islamic individuals as "rag heads".

Enjoy your shame.