Jump to topic:

why do christians hate those who dont believe

steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 11:49:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
i cant imagine being so hateful that i would wish that someone burn in fire for all of eternity. and just for not believing in something that cant be proven? can you be any more hateful than that? and for a victimless crime no less. who are we hurting by not believing in the bible? its funny how christians have no problem with spending eternity with christians from the ages of faith who burned and tortured people for their beliefs and slave owners but when it comes to people who simply dont believe who arent hurting anyone they dont think theres enough room in heaven for the both of them.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 11:51:46 AM
At 8/3/2014 11:49:08 AM, steffon66 wrote:
i cant imagine being so hateful that i would wish that someone burn in fire for all of eternity. and just for not believing in something that cant be proven? can you be any more hateful than that?

Just because they believe you will burn in hell for not believing, doesn't mean they WISH that upon you.

Believing X will happen =/= Wishing X will happen.

and for a victimless crime no less. who are we hurting by not believing in the bible? its funny how christians have no problem with spending eternity with christians from the ages of faith who burned and tortured people for their beliefs and slave owners but when it comes to people who simply dont believe who arent hurting anyone they dont think theres enough room in heaven for the both of them.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 11:54:24 AM
At 8/3/2014 11:51:46 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
i cant imagine being so hateful that i would wish that someone burn in fire for all of eternity. and just for not believing in something that cant be proven? can you be any more hateful than that?

Just because they believe you will burn in hell for not believing, doesn't mean they WISH that upon you.

Believing X will happen =/= Wishing X will happen.

and for a victimless crime no less. who are we hurting by not believing in the bible? its funny how christians have no problem with spending eternity with christians from the ages of faith who burned and tortured people for their beliefs and slave owners but when it comes to people who simply dont believe who arent hurting anyone they dont think theres enough room in heaven for the both of them.

are you kidding me? christians sing about wishing for gods will to be done. ive been to church. and gods will is that non believers burn in hell for all of eternity. or do you not wish that gods will be done?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 12:09:47 PM
i cant imagine being so hateful that i would wish that someone burn in fire for all of eternity. and just for not believing in something that cant be proven? can you be any more hateful than that? and for a victimless crime no less. who are we hurting by not believing in the bible? its funny how christians have no problem with spending eternity with christians from the ages of faith who burned and tortured people for their beliefs and slave owners but when it comes to people who simply dont believe who arent hurting anyone they dont think theres enough room in heaven for the both of them.

Because the best support for an unjustified belief is reassurance. We are a threat to that, leaving them exposed to the reality that we might not live for ever in paradise surrounded by all of the people we ever loved, and instead it might just be lights out. That is a difficult reality to deal with, so it is easier to direct your emotional resentment towards the messenger.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 3:22:26 PM
At 8/3/2014 12:46:46 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Because you guys ask questions like this.

This.

Lol.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2014 4:00:05 PM
What "Christians" are you referring to? I'm a Christian and I don't hate anyone who doesn't believe the way I do and I don't think anyone's going to hell either if they don't believe the way I do. Like Pope Francis, I too do not believe there is any hell waiting for sinners if God is a God of Love, Mercy, and Forgiveness. It would make God a complete hypocrite to tell believers their sins are forgiven and yet not forgive sins of sinners and fry them forever, as if a God had no ability to rehabilitate the souls of anyone with damaged souls.

It comforts atheists to believe that Christianity is frozen in the past and never evolves but that's not the case. Pauline Christianity only became representative of all Christianity because Paul aimed it at Rome always seeking Roman Empire acceptance. And his type of Christianity, Pauline Christianity, got it. But it was never the real Christian religion of Jesus Christ. It was Paulism using Jesus Christ as spiritual Authority for Paul's theology and doctrines.

Paul, like most ancient peoples, believed that fear of God's wrath and punishment was necessary for instilling belief in believers. Muhammad does the same thing only far worse, going into details on how exquisitely Allah will torture those who don't tow the Party Line like the hypocritical "Allah has no partners"...and yet without the partnership of Gabriel, another Spiritual Being, Allah couldn't reach Muhammad's mind. Anyway, hell was to get believers to believe by using terror and it's not of the real God of Love. How could it be?