Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Bible and Quran

POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I dont want to sound arrogant or invoking some attacks but i watched many debates about Christainity Bible Quran stuff in many issues and i dont see at all any proof or reason to say Christanity is right... to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way... its not an attack on christains i just want some good reasons why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam...and if you dont have any reasonable proof it just a waste of time for me and you and thats blind faith..... i dont care just bring it.... copmare with the Quran attack the Quran i really dont care if its with sound reasoning why not? but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

For example my problem with the bible..... it has many books with anonymous authors (all scholars agree with that...). i cant understand why christains keep believing in things that were written by anonymous authors.... if you prove me some chapter of the Quran is written by anonymous people well good job i will reject it.

anyway convince me why i should become a christain... please no offence of any kind just searching for truth if i wrong thats fine and please no stupid bulproof attacks here.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 5:15:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
i forgot the debate between Bart Ehrman vs. James White.... https://www.youtube.com...

long debate but really its informative
Never fart near dog
Rasputin45
Posts: 35
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 6:56:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
I dont want to sound arrogant or invoking some attacks but i watched many debates about Christainity Bible Quran stuff in many issues and i dont see at all any proof or reason to say Christanity is right... to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way... its not an attack on christains i just want some good reasons why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam...and if you dont have any reasonable proof it just a waste of time for me and you and thats blind faith..... i dont care just bring it.... copmare with the Quran attack the Quran i really dont care if its with sound reasoning why not? but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

For example my problem with the bible..... it has many books with anonymous authors (all scholars agree with that...). i cant understand why christains keep believing in things that were written by anonymous authors.... if you prove me some chapter of the Quran is written by anonymous people well good job i will reject it.

anyway convince me why i should become a christain... please no offence of any kind just searching for truth if i wrong thats fine and please no stupid bulproof attacks here.

Well first, why should any christian reject christianity and believe in islam? You said that the bible has many books by anonymous authors but the quran is based on some of those books. The story of Muhammed says that through meditation he learned the first 5 books of the Torah or the old testament. The new testament has many books by Saul of Tarsus, books by the Gospels and accounts by the apostles so not all the books in the Bible are anonymous are they?

"to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way..."
I hope this means you have read both books right? Why do you think the Quran makes more sense?
Grigori Rasputin (James FRJ Hall)
Untertan des "bersicht. Hageln Sie ihm!

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com...
XLAV
Posts: 13,730
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:03:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
I dont want to sound arrogant or invoking some attacks but i watched many debates about Christainity Bible Quran stuff in many issues and i dont see at all any proof or reason to say Christanity is right... to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way... its not an attack on christains i just want some good reasons why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam...and if you dont have any reasonable proof it just a waste of time for me and you and thats blind faith..... i dont care just bring it.... copmare with the Quran attack the Quran i really dont care if its with sound reasoning why not? but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

For example my problem with the bible..... it has many books with anonymous authors (all scholars agree with that...). i cant understand why christains keep believing in things that were written by anonymous authors.... if you prove me some chapter of the Quran is written by anonymous people well good job i will reject it.

anyway convince me why i should become a christain... please no offence of any kind just searching for truth if i wrong thats fine and please no stupid bulproof attacks here.
If you want truth then you should also read the Torah, the scriptures of Hindu, Pastafarian Bible, Scientology scriptures, etc and decide for yourself what your "truth" is.

Enjoy wasting your time.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:23:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

Apply the same standard to ones self................

ENJOY !!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 8:00:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
I dont want to sound arrogant or invoking some attacks but i watched many debates about Christainity Bible Quran stuff in many issues and i dont see at all any proof or reason to say Christanity is right... to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way... its not an attack on christains i just want some good reasons why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam...and if you dont have any reasonable proof it just a waste of time for me and you and thats blind faith..... i dont care just bring it.... copmare with the Quran attack the Quran i really dont care if its with sound reasoning why not? but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

For example my problem with the bible..... it has many books with anonymous authors (all scholars agree with that...). i cant understand why christains keep believing in things that were written by anonymous authors.... if you prove me some chapter of the Quran is written by anonymous people well good job i will reject it.

anyway convince me why i should become a christain... please no offence of any kind just searching for truth if i wrong thats fine and please no stupid bulproof attacks here.

I'm just going to comment on a couple things here, I don't spend my time debating the Quran or it's followers so that doesn't apply to me.

You said " but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in..."
That's called an assertion, since I know myself I can tell you it's untrue, it could be true for some "christians" BUT it's also true for your religion as well and for that matter for all religion period but it's not just religous beliefs that are isolated lol, it's a natural occurrence for children to inherit certain aspects from their parent's everyone passes on things to their kids however this is not a site filled with kids and as an adult you begin to think for yourself (or at least I did) and you begin to search, learn and observe "evidence" for the things you believe in, I would hope by now that most people that come to this site have begun to think for themselves lol. I can also show you examples straight from this site that prove my point, ask how many atheists on here were raised "christian" and I would guarantee that a good portion of them were, this makes the assertion untrue and not worthy of mention.
If we look at the Bible honestly we should agree that a so-called "christian" is not merely a label but a lifestyle, sure if a person grew up as a kid in a religious environment that kid may be labeled whatever but that's not really what Christianity is about, it's more than just a word it is about doing and applying that's what makes a person a Christian.

The fact that the Bible has "anonymous" authors is no surprise really (although many of the authors are not) especially for the time they were written, in some aspects it is quite impressive that the Bible has several authors and that is was written over a period of many years, with respect to a few cases these ancient scripts are remarkably coherent for what they are and where they are from as well as fascinating, the prophetic aspect the usage of words and phrases, the themes, poetry, the morals of the stories are all pretty clear and the straight forwardness of the themes and teachings are undeniable.
I only say that assuming when you say "to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way...? you mean the authorship and historicity? Because if you mean it's "contents" then I would certainly disagree lol, it's not even comparable in my view, but these are only my opinions (and yes I know you want some proof not opinion)....

And speaking of proof you say "any reasonable proof", what does that mean? I can't give you any more proof than you can give me, it's only something that is established in oneself that's what makes the idea of connecting with God personal, nobody can give anybody else "proof" it is an individual experience and acceptance.

You said " anyway convince me why i should become a christain... " and "why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam... but I say don't reject anything, just read the Bible thoroughly and be willing to hear and understand it, they don't need convincing it speaks for itself. The only "proof or evidence" is when the learning is applied, Christianity is a lifestyle, God gives to us when we begin to obey and are pliable.

Luke 6
43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Matthew 6
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Hebrews 11
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 8:09:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
I dont want to sound arrogant or invoking some attacks but i watched many debates about Christainity Bible Quran stuff in many issues and i dont see at all any proof or reason to say Christanity is right... to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way... its not an attack on christains i just want some good reasons why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam...and if you dont have any reasonable proof it just a waste of time for me and you and thats blind faith..... i dont care just bring it.... copmare with the Quran attack the Quran i really dont care if its with sound reasoning why not? but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

For example my problem with the bible..... it has many books with anonymous authors (all scholars agree with that...). i cant understand why christains keep believing in things that were written by anonymous authors.... if you prove me some chapter of the Quran is written by anonymous people well good job i will reject it.

anyway convince me why i should become a christain... please no offence of any kind just searching for truth if i wrong thats fine and please no stupid bulproof attacks here.

If truth is dependent on how impressive the writings are, I would say that A LOT of people should become Hindu. The scriptures of Hinduism are amazing.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 8:50:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
I dont want to sound arrogant or invoking some attacks but i watched many debates about Christainity Bible Quran stuff in many issues and i dont see at all any proof or reason to say Christanity is right... to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way... its not an attack on christains i just want some good reasons why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam...and if you dont have any reasonable proof it just a waste of time for me and you and thats blind faith..... i dont care just bring it.... copmare with the Quran attack the Quran i really dont care if its with sound reasoning why not? but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

For example my problem with the bible..... it has many books with anonymous authors (all scholars agree with that...). i cant understand why christains keep believing in things that were written by anonymous authors.... if you prove me some chapter of the Quran is written by anonymous people well good job i will reject it.

anyway convince me why i should become a christain... please no offence of any kind just searching for truth if i wrong thats fine and please no stupid bulproof attacks here.

How can anyone debate Christianity with you, Popoo, when you fill your brain everyday with Muhammad's Book ideas? You Muhammadans are totally brainwashed people with Muhammad's tape running in the background of all your thinking. Do you really think I would want to waste my time trying to counter a person whose plays out a tape recording of Muhammad's mind five times a day? It doesn't really matter what anyone tells you as they don't have a tape of their ideas running in your head as Muhammad does, that tape being reinforced five times daily. It's massive brainwashing when you consider it being done most all Muhammadan lives.

So debating you is debating Muhammad, a 7th century desert dweller who thought he could represent God and tell everyone on earth how to think and be. Oh yes, he used Allah as cover for his old style warlord religious ideology where he wanted to be another Moses but unlike Moses wanted not just the Promised Land but the whole world to be under his, Muhammad's ruling ideology.

It's easy to completely debunk Muhammad as he was limited to 7th century knowledge of the world and didn't know much at all about history of his own region and going on the falsified history of the Jews. So he believed Abraham really existed, as did Moses, David, Solomon, etc, but they didn't exist. They were characters in myths of origin that priests and scribe of ancient Judah created by cobbling together many strains of pagan religious ideology they were familiar with. Proof of their fabrication comes from archeological digs that show the writers of the Bible stories didn't exist themselves in Canaan/Palestine until 700 B.C. meaning all their tales of earlier "Hebrews" were fictions. Paul accepted the fictions as real history and so did the Roman Empire after converting to Christianity and thus Western Civilization accepted the Jewish myths as real history. So did Muhammad as his Book has the foundational Jewish stories in it too.
But these were just stories all along and you can't derive spiritual authority from myths and fables no matter how dressed up they become in the hands of priests with nothing else to do but invent religious gobbledigook for other priests to study and pass on.

So there you are, popoo, your Muhammadism ideology is based on myths taken as reality so where is the point of debating the Bible with the Quran when both books are flat out religious propaganda stories in the first place?

You would need to prove how they aren't religious propaganda and that's impossible for you to do as you don't have any archeology or history degree I don't imagine and thus are just spouting religious propaganda yourself.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 9:47:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Some of the arguments here really disgust me. Most of the people in this thread are not here for constructive discussion, they are here to argue. The low IQ and the terrible logic make me want to give up on having a decent discussion in the religion forum.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
XLAV
Posts: 13,730
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:24:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 9:47:01 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Some of the arguments here really disgust me. Most of the people in this thread are not here for constructive discussion, they are here to argue. The low IQ and the terrible logic make me want to give up on having a decent discussion in the religion forum.

Lol, the religion forum is dead, Pots.
Trolls and ignorant idiots now roam this parts.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:30:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 10:24:49 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/4/2014 9:47:01 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Some of the arguments here really disgust me. Most of the people in this thread are not here for constructive discussion, they are here to argue. The low IQ and the terrible logic make me want to give up on having a decent discussion in the religion forum.

Lol, the religion forum is dead, Pots.
Trolls and ignorant idiots now roam this parts.

And to which of those categories to you belong, are you a troll or an idiot?
XLAV
Posts: 13,730
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:31:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 10:30:08 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 8/4/2014 10:24:49 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/4/2014 9:47:01 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Some of the arguments here really disgust me. Most of the people in this thread are not here for constructive discussion, they are here to argue. The low IQ and the terrible logic make me want to give up on having a decent discussion in the religion forum.

Lol, the religion forum is dead, Pots.
Trolls and ignorant idiots now roam this parts.

And to which of those categories to you belong, are you a troll or an idiot?

I'm just a bystander who posts here from time to time.
matt.mcguire88
Posts: 1,137
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:34:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 10:31:31 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/4/2014 10:30:08 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 8/4/2014 10:24:49 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/4/2014 9:47:01 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Some of the arguments here really disgust me. Most of the people in this thread are not here for constructive discussion, they are here to argue. The low IQ and the terrible logic make me want to give up on having a decent discussion in the religion forum.

Lol, the religion forum is dead, Pots.
Trolls and ignorant idiots now roam this parts.

And to which of those categories to you belong, are you a troll or an idiot?

I'm just a bystander who posts here from time to time.

Oh cool, I'd probably fit into the idiot category if I had to pick lol.
Rasputin45
Posts: 35
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:34:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 8:09:34 AM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
I dont want to sound arrogant or invoking some attacks but i watched many debates about Christainity Bible Quran stuff in many issues and i dont see at all any proof or reason to say Christanity is right... to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way... its not an attack on christains i just want some good reasons why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam...and if you dont have any reasonable proof it just a waste of time for me and you and thats blind faith..... i dont care just bring it.... copmare with the Quran attack the Quran i really dont care if its with sound reasoning why not? but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

For example my problem with the bible..... it has many books with anonymous authors (all scholars agree with that...). i cant understand why christains keep believing in things that were written by anonymous authors.... if you prove me some chapter of the Quran is written by anonymous people well good job i will reject it.

anyway convince me why i should become a christain... please no offence of any kind just searching for truth if i wrong thats fine and please no stupid bulproof attacks here.

If truth is dependent on how impressive the writings are, I would say that A LOT of people should become Hindu. The scriptures of Hinduism are amazing.

Really? Why do you think that? I have never read the Vedas, so I have no idea.
Grigori Rasputin (James FRJ Hall)
Untertan des "bersicht. Hageln Sie ihm!

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com...
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 6:52:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 6:56:14 AM, Rasputin45 wrote:

Well first, why should any christian reject christianity and believe in islam?

Regardless which religion we talking about we need to examine it with open mind, thats my point.

You said that the bible has many books by anonymous authors but the quran is based on some of those books. The story of Muhammed says that through meditation he learned the first 5 books of the Torah or the old testament.

Sorry its completely false. The Quran is not based on some books of the bible (which bible you talking about) or he learned the 5 books of the Torah or some kind like that, where is your proof for that? if he learned the 5 books he would copy the same things but the joke is he "didnt copy" the wrong things in it.

The new testament has many books by Saul of Tarsus, books by the Gospels and accounts by the apostles so not all the books in the Bible are anonymous are they?

Im not saying all are anonymous but scholars say many are anonymous for example the Gospels mattew mark luke and john actually are anonymous, these names were given to the 4 books by tradition but scholars nowdays reject it. or the 5 books of "Moses" in the Torah is not written by Moses, its authors are anonymous. my problem is why should somebody (no matter what muslim jew christain hindu..) follow and believe in it when its written by unknown authors? whats make sense to you?

"to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way..."
I hope this means you have read both books right? Why do you think the Quran makes more sense?

Well its a vast subject, but let start preservation of the 2, you cant compare the 2 books, the Quran was preserved by "controlled transmission " and the Bible is not. because of that you have many unknown authors or corruption of the text. science according to Quran and bible and many more. its not just a small section.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 6:56:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 7:03:42 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
I dont want to sound arrogant or invoking some attacks but i watched many debates about Christainity Bible Quran stuff in many issues and i dont see at all any proof or reason to say Christanity is right... to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way... its not an attack on christains i just want some good reasons why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam...and if you dont have any reasonable proof it just a waste of time for me and you and thats blind faith..... i dont care just bring it.... copmare with the Quran attack the Quran i really dont care if its with sound reasoning why not? but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

For example my problem with the bible..... it has many books with anonymous authors (all scholars agree with that...). i cant understand why christains keep believing in things that were written by anonymous authors.... if you prove me some chapter of the Quran is written by anonymous people well good job i will reject it.

anyway convince me why i should become a christain... please no offence of any kind just searching for truth if i wrong thats fine and please no stupid bulproof attacks here.
If you want truth then you should also read the Torah, the scriptures of Hindu, Pastafarian Bible, Scientology scriptures, etc and decide for yourself what your "truth" is.

Enjoy wasting your time.

Dude its not just for "truth" but learning other materials you learning history cultures how people think... how you cant read the the variant views of other people?
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:28:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 8:00:52 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
I'm just going to comment on a couple things here, I don't spend my time debating the Quran or it's followers so that doesn't apply to me.

You said " but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in..."
That's called an assertion, since I know myself I can tell you it's untrue, it could be true for some "christians" BUT it's also true for your religion as well and for that matter for all religion period but it's not just religous beliefs that are isolated lol, it's a natural occurrence for children to inherit certain aspects from their parent's everyone passes on things to their kids however this is not a site filled with kids and as an adult you begin to think for yourself (or at least I did) and you begin to search, learn and observe "evidence" for the things you believe in, I would hope by now that most people that come to this site have begun to think for themselves lol. I can also show you examples straight from this site that prove my point, ask how many atheists on here were raised "christian" and I would guarantee that a good portion of them were, this makes the assertion untrue and not worthy of mention.
If we look at the Bible honestly we should agree that a so-called "christian" is not merely a label but a lifestyle, sure if a person grew up as a kid in a religious environment that kid may be labeled whatever but that's not really what Christianity is about, it's more than just a word it is about doing and applying that's what makes a person a Christian.

The fact that the Bible has "anonymous" authors is no surprise really (although many of the authors are not) especially for the time they were written, in some aspects it is quite impressive that the Bible has several authors and that is was written over a period of many years, with respect to a few cases these ancient scripts are remarkably coherent for what they are and where they are from as well as fascinating, the prophetic aspect the usage of words and phrases, the themes, poetry, the morals of the stories are all pretty clear and the straight forwardness of the themes and teachings are undeniable.
I only say that assuming when you say "to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way...? you mean the authorship and historicity? Because if you mean it's "contents" then I would certainly disagree lol, it's not even comparable in my view, but these are only my opinions (and yes I know you want some proof not opinion)....

And speaking of proof you say "any reasonable proof", what does that mean? I can't give you any more proof than you can give me, it's only something that is established in oneself that's what makes the idea of connecting with God personal, nobody can give anybody else "proof" it is an individual experience and acceptance.

You said " anyway convince me why i should become a christain... " and "why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam... but I say don't reject anything, just read the Bible thoroughly and be willing to hear and understand it, they don't need convincing it speaks for itself. The only "proof or evidence" is when the learning is applied, Christianity is a lifestyle, God gives to us when we begin to obey and are pliable.

Luke 6
43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Matthew 6
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Hebrews 11
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him

Sorry for not clarifying it enough, people are (mostly) believing in what they believe (regardless he/she is a muslim hindu christain jew...) because of the environment.

You said that the Bible has anonymous authors is not surprising you, why not? how you can trust somebody who wrote something even you dont know him, irrational. i cant understand, and about the teaching, morals poetry stuff like that everybody can claim it for his book, if it cant match with somebody elses book well that would do something but it not.

"to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way" i mean it literally. yeah for example authorship and historicity, how the bible/quran is preserved, transmission, concept of God, how its practical in real world, science, about the historical Jesus....

"any reasonable proof" well here one. Quran 20:53
"He Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels); and has sent down water from the sky." With it have We produced diverse pairs of plants each separate from the others.

Today we know that even the plants have male and female, and it was unknown at that time you know....
you said "The only "proof or evidence" is when the learning is applied," nop, proof is something you can it to see evidence to your claims, it not about just applying it.

Again im not saying bible doent has any good thing, sure it has but for example you qouted from the Gospels, do you know that scholars say these are anonymous? or book of Hebrews is anonymous.... and christain agreeing with that, so how you keep believing in anonymous writings?? can you explain?
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:33:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 8:09:34 AM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
I dont want to sound arrogant or invoking some attacks but i watched many debates about Christainity Bible Quran stuff in many issues and i dont see at all any proof or reason to say Christanity is right... to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way... its not an attack on christains i just want some good reasons why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam...and if you dont have any reasonable proof it just a waste of time for me and you and thats blind faith..... i dont care just bring it.... copmare with the Quran attack the Quran i really dont care if its with sound reasoning why not? but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

For example my problem with the bible..... it has many books with anonymous authors (all scholars agree with that...). i cant understand why christains keep believing in things that were written by anonymous authors.... if you prove me some chapter of the Quran is written by anonymous people well good job i will reject it.

anyway convince me why i should become a christain... please no offence of any kind just searching for truth if i wrong thats fine and please no stupid bulproof attacks here.

If truth is dependent on how impressive the writings are, I would say that A LOT of people should become Hindu. The scriptures of Hinduism are amazing.

first i not gonna refute that hindu scriptures are amazing but its not proof, it just a claim. what i mean is the example i gave above - Quran 20:53

"He Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels); and has sent down water from the sky." With it have We produced diverse pairs of plants each separate from the others.

today we know plants have male and female distinction. this wasnt known at that time 1400 years ago.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:35:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 9:47:01 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Some of the arguments here really disgust me. Most of the people in this thread are not here for constructive discussion, they are here to argue. The low IQ and the terrible logic make me want to give up on having a decent discussion in the religion forum.

Brother is site called "debate" if you dont like it i dont care, and yeah my low IQ makes you to give up go ahead. if you dont like it why you here to criticize?
Never fart near dog
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:37:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 7:35:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/4/2014 9:47:01 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Some of the arguments here really disgust me. Most of the people in this thread are not here for constructive discussion, they are here to argue. The low IQ and the terrible logic make me want to give up on having a decent discussion in the religion forum.

Brother is site called "debate" if you dont like it i dont care, and yeah my low IQ makes you to give up go ahead. if you dont like it why you here to criticize?

My point exactly. This site is called "Debate" not "yell and cuss", which is all that happens in the religious forum. If you want to debate, learn how to do so respectfully and sensibly, learn how logic functions, and learn the basics of debate.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 7:42:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 7:37:48 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 8/4/2014 7:35:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/4/2014 9:47:01 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Some of the arguments here really disgust me. Most of the people in this thread are not here for constructive discussion, they are here to argue. The low IQ and the terrible logic make me want to give up on having a decent discussion in the religion forum.

Brother is site called "debate" if you dont like it i dont care, and yeah my low IQ makes you to give up go ahead. if you dont like it why you here to criticize?

My point exactly. This site is called "Debate" not "yell and cuss", which is all that happens in the religious forum. If you want to debate, learn how to do so respectfully and sensibly, learn how logic functions, and learn the basics of debate.

Well i will appreciate it.... tell me how to do it respectfully logically and how to debate and tell me in private not here thank you.
Never fart near dog
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 8:47:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/4/2014 10:34:48 AM, Rasputin45 wrote:
At 8/4/2014 8:09:34 AM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 8/4/2014 5:13:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
I dont want to sound arrogant or invoking some attacks but i watched many debates about Christainity Bible Quran stuff in many issues and i dont see at all any proof or reason to say Christanity is right... to me Quran surpasses the bible in any logical way... its not an attack on christains i just want some good reasons why i should believe in Christanity and reject islam...and if you dont have any reasonable proof it just a waste of time for me and you and thats blind faith..... i dont care just bring it.... copmare with the Quran attack the Quran i really dont care if its with sound reasoning why not? but my problem is christain believe in what they believe for emotional reasons or for the background they born in... please if you have proof give and share...

For example my problem with the bible..... it has many books with anonymous authors (all scholars agree with that...). i cant understand why christains keep believing in things that were written by anonymous authors.... if you prove me some chapter of the Quran is written by anonymous people well good job i will reject it.

anyway convince me why i should become a christain... please no offence of any kind just searching for truth if i wrong thats fine and please no stupid bulproof attacks here.

If truth is dependent on how impressive the writings are, I would say that A LOT of people should become Hindu. The scriptures of Hinduism are amazing.

Really? Why do you think that? I have never read the Vedas, so I have no idea.

In all honesty, it might be because I am being raised in a western culture and it seems so different than what I am used to.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 9:23:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Popoo, you respond to every post but mine. And we both know why you avoid me as you cannot defend against my challenge that your Quran is corrupt because it follows Jewish myths of origin proven to be only that. Your Book is based on Jewish fables about events that never happened and people who never existed. That makes everything in the Quran just like any other ancient work of human beings, literature expressing ancient ideas about the world that have since been challenged and passed over as primitive and not applicable to modern civilization. Jews no longer desire to install Mosaic Law at least the vast majority of Jews feel this way. They have ridden along the Christian trail long enough to know that their religion too cannot travel well in modern societies so they've most dropped all the human rights abusing Mitzvot laws, such as no Jewish fathers are having their sons stoned to death these days for giving dad lip. But that social evolution hasn't happened in Muhammadan societies which are still operating under the old Warlord Strong Man system that is totally incompatible with modern democracy and human rights observance.

Why are you still trying to peddle a bad religion that promotes social violence in our times? Do you want the world to be at war always because that's your religious beliefs, to make war on everyone who doesn't think and act the way the ancient dead man thought and acted.

Get a real religion, popoo, and stop treating your fellow human being like they're idiots who want to join a group of killer apes armed with AK-47s and no brains at all, just rage centers firing propelling the ape to kill. Unfortunately, Muhammadism offers rage triggers to Muhammadans with their religious beliefs and so the religion produces bloodthirsty believers who can't wait to shed some person's blood.

If you like Muhammad so much, try Ahmadiyyah Islam as they found a way through their Messiah to humanize Muhammad's animal killer ape behavior promotion and create a real Religion of Peace.

And there's always the Celestial Torah Christian choice too now available for those not needing organized religion to reach spiritual consciousness and direct spiritual relationship with God.