Jump to topic:

A warning to Catholics.

Naruto2005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 8:27:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
(Catholic doesn't agree the evolution theory. That is not the teaching of the Church.)

"Christ Teaching is still the foundation of Catholic Faith. Not the Evolutionist", or any scientific theory."

Catholics don't just believe on what you read in this forum. These are obviously misleading people. Know your faith before you believed
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 8:38:51 PM
At 3/5/2010 8:37:56 PM, wjmelements wrote:
No one on this site is Catholic. Everyone knows better.

Of course, except for this misguided soul: http://debate.org...
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 8:43:17 PM
At 3/5/2010 8:41:46 PM, True2GaGa wrote:
I'm only Catholic until I can get my religon properly established.

Your parent's church doesn't make you Catholic yourself; you know that right?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 8:46:01 PM
At 3/5/2010 8:43:17 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 3/5/2010 8:41:46 PM, True2GaGa wrote:
I'm only Catholic until I can get my religon properly established.

No way...
http://www.dreamstitching.com...
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 8:49:43 PM
At 3/5/2010 8:43:17 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Well, that depends. Has she baptized Catholic?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 8:49:57 PM
Was she*
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 9:01:16 PM

I go to a Catholic school.

*Parents forced me.*
Naruto2005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 9:05:12 PM
At 3/5/2010 8:55:26 PM, True2GaGa wrote:
Wait, was I suppose to answer that?

Your both an ignorant. To be Catholic is you need to be baptized and confirmation without this two your not part of the Church. Genealogy is not considered in Catholic Church. Period no salavation. absolution, no whatsoever. This are rules set by the Apostles and accepted By Roman Catholic Faith.
True2GaGa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 9:06:21 PM
At 3/5/2010 9:01:16 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

I go to a Catholic school.

*Parents forced me.*

Same here........
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 9:17:37 PM
At 3/5/2010 9:05:12 PM, Naruto2005 wrote:

Your both an ignorant. To be Catholic is you need to be baptized and confirmation without this two your not part of the Church. Genealogy is not considered in Catholic Church. Period no salavation. absolution, no whatsoever. This are rules set by the Apostles and accepted By Roman Catholic Faith.

As soon as you are baptized you are a member of the Catholic Church. Lrn2Catholicsm.

"Having become a member of the Church, the person baptized belongs no longer to himself, but to him who died and rose for us." - CCC[1]

[1] http://www.vatican.va...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 10:53:15 PM

Ok, she's not on this site, but my best friend is Catholic and she accepts evolution. Then again she's not very devout.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 11:02:53 PM
At 3/5/2010 10:53:15 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Ok, she's not on this site, but my best friend is Catholic and she accepts evolution. Then again she's not very devout.

You can be catholic & believe in Evolution.

What's that movie of the teacher, I think in Miss., who taught Evolution and was brought to court??

And then the lawyer argued that the "days" mentioned in the Bible could mean millenia???

Anyways, the church says Evolution does not absolutely contradict with Catholicism
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 11:16:37 PM
At 3/5/2010 11:02:53 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

What's that movie of the teacher, I think in Miss., who taught Evolution and was brought to court??

And then the lawyer argued that the "days" mentioned in the Bible could mean millenia???

Anyways, the church says Evolution does not absolutely contradict with Catholicism

It must just be certain sects of christianity that reject evolution then because I do know of christians who reject it in favour of creationism.
josh_42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 11:19:05 PM

I Believe you are thinking of "Inherit the Wind" Based on the Scopes Trial
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 11:25:25 PM
At 3/5/2010 11:19:05 PM, josh_42 wrote:

Bingo!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2010 11:29:44 PM
At 3/5/2010 9:05:12 PM, Naruto2005 wrote:

Your both an ignorant.

Priceless!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2010 12:30:50 AM
At 3/5/2010 8:38:51 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Of course, except for this misguided soul: http://debate.org...

And these 839 other people... http://www.debate.org...
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2010 12:34:36 AM
At 3/5/2010 8:27:26 PM, Naruto2005 wrote:
(Catholic doesn't agree the evolution theory. That is not the teaching of the Church.)

"Christ Teaching is still the foundation of Catholic Faith. Not the Evolutionist", or any scientific theory."

Catholics don't just believe on what you read in this forum. These are obviously misleading people. Know your faith before you believed

Uh...the Pope would disagree with you.
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2010 1:14:58 AM
At 3/5/2010 11:19:05 PM, josh_42 wrote:

Yes, "Inherit the Wind", but the Scopes trial took place in Tennessee, not Mississippi. Dayton, TN responded to an ad placed by the ACLU in the Chattanooga paper and provided a case so as to make their town a tourist attraction...it worked.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
Naruto2005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2010 2:33:54 AM

or

THIS PEOPLE THINK IM IGNORANT AN CATHOLIC,

All your assumptions are misleading Christians are real false Prophets who claims they know about the Bible, People mislead people to agree with their own way of interpretation. Don't event talk about Catholic to me. You are person who says contrary to what Christ says in the Bible is pure heresy. Are you an illiterate Christians? Otherwise known as impostor, the one who doesn't read the Bible. And accepts Christ teachings. And you assume you know what really is to be a Christian?. There are a lot of people claiming that they are such when in fact they are contrary to what is it to be.

The Origin of Species was published in 1859, during the papacy of Pope Pius IX, who defined dogmatically papal infallibility during the First Vatican Council in 1869-70. The council has a section on "Faith and Reason" that includes the following on science and faith:

"9. Hence all faithful Christians are forbidden to defend as the legitimate conclusions of science those opinions which are known to be contrary to the doctrine of faith, particularly if they have been condemned by the Church; and furthermore they are absolutely bound to hold them to be errors which wear the deceptive appearance of truth." (Vatican Council I)

"10. Not only can faith and reason never be at odds with one another but they mutually support each other, for on the one hand right reason established the foundations of the faith and, illuminated by its light, develops the science of divine things; on the other hand, faith delivers reason from errors and protects it and furnishes it with knowledge of many kinds."

Furthermore, On God the Creator, the Vatican Council was very clear. The definitions preceding the "anathema" (as a technical term of Catholic theology, let him be "cut off" or excommunicated, cf. Gal 1:6-9; Titus 3:10-11; Matt 18:15-17) signify an infallible dogma of Catholic faith (De Fide):

1.On God the creator of all things
1.If anyone denies the one true God, creator and lord of things visible and invisible: let him be anathema.
2.If anyone is so bold as to assert that there exists nothing besides matter: let him be anathema.
3.If anyone says that the substance or essence of God and that of all things are one and the same: let him be anathema.
4.If anyone says that finite things, both corporal and spiritual, or at any rate, spiritual, emanated from the divine substance; or that the divine essence, by the manifestation and evolution of itself becomes all things or, finally, that God is a universal or indefinite being which by self-determination establishes the totality of things distinct in general, species and individuals: let him be anathema.
5.If anyone does not confess that the world and all things which are contained in it, both spiritual and material, were produced, according to their whole substance, out of nothing by God; or holds that God did not create by his will free from all necessity, but as necessarily as he necessarily loves himself; or denies that the world was created for the glory of God: let him be anathema

"I don't want to quote you from the Bible cause I'm not a Biblical scholar. Everything is already been answered by the Catholic church regarding our Faith. If you think that all of the scientific theory of this world are same with Christian Faith. Then you better renounced your faith in Christ and rely on your faith on scientific knowledge." Or shut up Atheists. Don't pretend who you are not.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2010 3:38:36 AM
At 3/6/2010 2:33:54 AM, Naruto2005 wrote:

or

THIS PEOPLE THINK IM IGNORANT AN CATHOLIC,

All your assumptions are misleading Christians are real false Prophets who claims they know about the Bible, People mislead people to agree with their own way of interpretation. Don't event talk about Catholic to me. You are person who says contrary to what Christ says in the Bible is pure heresy. Are you an illiterate Christians? Otherwise known as impostor, the one who doesn't read the Bible. And accepts Christ teachings. And you assume you know what really is to be a Christian?. There are a lot of people claiming that they are such when in fact they are contrary to what is it to be.

The Origin of Species was published in 1859, during the papacy of Pope Pius IX, who defined dogmatically papal infallibility during the First Vatican Council in 1869-70. The council has a section on "Faith and Reason" that includes the following on science and faith:

"9. Hence all faithful Christians are forbidden to defend as the legitimate conclusions of science those opinions which are known to be contrary to the doctrine of faith, particularly if they have been condemned by the Church; and furthermore they are absolutely bound to hold them to be errors which wear the deceptive appearance of truth." (Vatican Council I)

"10. Not only can faith and reason never be at odds with one another but they mutually support each other, for on the one hand right reason established the foundations of the faith and, illuminated by its light, develops the science of divine things; on the other hand, faith delivers reason from errors and protects it and furnishes it with knowledge of many kinds."

Furthermore, On God the Creator, the Vatican Council was very clear. The definitions preceding the "anathema" (as a technical term of Catholic theology, let him be "cut off" or excommunicated, cf. Gal 1:6-9; Titus 3:10-11; Matt 18:15-17) signify an infallible dogma of Catholic faith (De Fide):

1.On God the creator of all things
1.If anyone denies the one true God, creator and lord of things visible and invisible: let him be anathema.
2.If anyone is so bold as to assert that there exists nothing besides matter: let him be anathema.
3.If anyone says that the substance or essence of God and that of all things are one and the same: let him be anathema.
4.If anyone says that finite things, both corporal and spiritual, or at any rate, spiritual, emanated from the divine substance; or that the divine essence, by the manifestation and evolution of itself becomes all things or, finally, that God is a universal or indefinite being which by self-determination establishes the totality of things distinct in general, species and individuals: let him be anathema.
5.If anyone does not confess that the world and all things which are contained in it, both spiritual and material, were produced, according to their whole substance, out of nothing by God; or holds that God did not create by his will free from all necessity, but as necessarily as he necessarily loves himself; or denies that the world was created for the glory of God: let him be anathema

"I don't want to quote you from the Bible cause I'm not a Biblical scholar. Everything is already been answered by the Catholic church regarding our Faith. If you think that all of the scientific theory of this world are same with Christian Faith. Then you better renounced your faith in Christ and rely on your faith on scientific knowledge." Or shut up Atheists. Don't pretend who you are not.

Thank you, brother.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2010 3:54:58 AM
At 3/6/2010 2:33:54 AM, Naruto2005 wrote:
Then you better renounced your faith in Christ and rely on your faith on scientific knowledge." Or shut up Atheists. Don't pretend who you are not.

Several pope's have said that Evolution makes sense, ought to be considered, and is not in contention with Catholic Dogma.

Suggesting even that Even Augustine and Aquinas had early versions of the Idea.

Metaphysics: