Jump to topic:

There Is No God, Then Evil Is Atheists' Fault

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:34:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
God created humankind and the standard of what is morally right and wrong, and created humans with a natural inclination to recognize and conform to these standards. This would make morality objective.

However, atheists say that there is no evidence of God and do not follow any religion. So their moral standards are based on whatever they feel is right or wrong individually. That makes morality subjective.

This leads to many problems. For who are you (the atheist) to say something is Evil? Since it is subjective, then you can only say it is evil to you, but one can say it is right to them. Therefore, atheism provides no solution to bringing peace. As such, atheism cannot bring peace, making it evil.

If an atheist says "what about the evil done in the name of religion"? Well according to atheists, religion was later made by man. That means that in order for religion to be a dominant influence, the earliest people who were atheists failed to prevent it. So religious evil is due to atheists failure to prevent religion.

So without belief in God, then Evil is the fault of atheists.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:21:12 AM
At 8/4/2014 11:34:43 PM, Fatihah wrote:
God created humankind and the standard of what is morally right and wrong, and created humans with a natural inclination to recognize and conform to these standards. This would make morality objective.

However, atheists say that there is no evidence of God and do not follow any religion. So their moral standards are based on whatever they feel is right or wrong individually. That makes morality subjective.

This leads to many problems. For who are you (the atheist) to say something is Evil? Since it is subjective, then you can only say it is evil to you, but one can say it is right to them. Therefore, atheism provides no solution to bringing peace. As such, atheism cannot bring peace, making it evil.

If an atheist says "what about the evil done in the name of religion"? Well according to atheists, religion was later made by man. That means that in order for religion to be a dominant influence, the earliest people who were atheists failed to prevent it. So religious evil is due to atheists failure to prevent religion.

How do you know god created mankind? In order to ascertain the answers to the additional questions, we first must resolve the validity of your assertion that god created mankind.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:24:06 AM
At 8/5/2014 12:21:12 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

How do you know god created mankind? In order to ascertain the answers to the additional questions, we first must resolve the validity of your assertion that god created mankind.

Response: Whether God created mankind is irrelevant to the fact that the disbelief in God means that atheists are responsible for evil.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:25:48 AM
At 8/5/2014 12:24:06 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Whether God created mankind is irrelevant to the fact that the disbelief in God means that atheists are responsible for evil.

Expound your contention.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:29:18 AM
At 8/5/2014 12:25:48 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Expound your contention.

Response; My contention is disbelief in God creates Evil, which is explained in the OP. you have not shown otherwise, which helps to support the claim.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:35:24 AM
At 8/5/2014 12:29:18 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/5/2014 12:25:48 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Expound your contention.

Response; My contention is disbelief in God creates Evil, which is explained in the OP. you have not shown otherwise, which helps to support the claim.

The reason I chose not to address your claims is because they are unbelievably and atrociously pitiful. Atheists do not possess a belief in god, which is due to a lack of evidence, and you arrive at the conclusion, or conjecture, that atheists are responsible for evil because of the lack of a belief. Please explicate the link between a lack of belief and being responsible for evil. I rigorously anticipate your explanation.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:48:51 AM
At 8/5/2014 12:35:24 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

The reason I chose not to address your claims is because they are unbelievably and atrociously pitiful. Atheists do not possess a belief in god, which is due to a lack of evidence, and you arrive at the conclusion, or conjecture, that atheists are responsible for evil because of the lack of a belief. Please explicate the link between a lack of belief and being responsible for evil. I rigorously anticipate your explanation.

Response: Rather, you did not address my claim because there is nothing that you can refute. My explanation is in the OP. It is for you to show how it is not, and yet again, you show the inability to do so. Making my point.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:52:11 AM
At 8/5/2014 12:48:51 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/5/2014 12:35:24 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Response: Rather, you did not address my claim because there is nothing that you can refute. My explanation is in the OP. It is for you to show how it is not, and yet again, you show the inability to do so. Making my point.

I asked you a question. If you choose to answer I can address it.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:54:07 AM
At 8/5/2014 12:52:11 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Response: I answered your question. Yet you are entitled to say otherwise, despite the contrary.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 12:55:02 AM
At 8/5/2014 12:54:07 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/5/2014 12:52:11 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Response: I answered your question. Yet you are entitled to say otherwise, despite the contrary.

How does not having a belief in god become responsible for the creation of evil?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 1:02:05 AM
At 8/5/2014 12:55:02 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

How does not having a belief in god become responsible for the creation of evil?

Response: Once again, the answer is in the OP.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 1:02:58 AM
At 8/5/2014 1:02:05 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Because atheist failed to prevent religion? Is that what you suggest the reason for evil to exist?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 1:15:25 AM
At 8/5/2014 1:02:58 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Because atheist failed to prevent religion? Is that what you suggest the reason for evil to exist?

Response: They failed to prevent religion, as well as having no objective authority on right and wrong. Since right and wrong is subjective, then what you call evil can be good to someone else.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 1:18:52 AM
At 8/5/2014 1:15:25 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/5/2014 1:02:58 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Response: They failed to prevent religion, as well as having no objective authority on right and wrong. Since right and wrong is subjective, then what you call evil can be good to someone else.

"Atheists failed to prevent religion, therefore evil exists." I will allow you one final chance to recant that claim, and at least review it and acknowledge that it is profoundly spurious.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 1:25:42 AM
At 8/5/2014 1:18:52 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

"Atheists failed to prevent religion, therefore evil exists." I will allow you one final chance to recant that claim, and at least review it and acknowledge that it is profoundly spurious.

Response: Atheists failing to prevent religion, as well as, having no objective authority for morality, causes evil. Both together is the reason. Not separately.

So continuing to only address the first part and not the whole claim is fallacious on your part, and a continuous failure to provide a logical rebuttal. Thus making my point.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 1:48:25 AM

I accept atheists fail to prevent a belief in God and evil is the fault of all humankind provided you are willing to accept religion is manmade.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 2:00:10 AM
At 8/5/2014 1:25:42 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/5/2014 1:18:52 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Response: Atheists failing to prevent religion, as well as, having no objective authority for morality, causes evil. Both together is the reason. Not separately.

So continuing to only address the first part and not the whole claim is fallacious on your part, and a continuous failure to provide a logical rebuttal. Thus making my point.

Evil is concept that humans have evoked to label acts that are considered to be harmful, detrimental, repugnant, and distasteful in regards to negative outcomes that are produced. An example of an evil act would be pushing an elderly woman, or any any individual of that matter, down a flight of stairs for the purpose of self amusement. Before I continue, allow me to ask you if you concede that my example portrayed an evil act? There is no objective standard to adhere to, so my interpretation of that act relies on my judgement, or my personal experience of what I view as right or wrong, and societies normative standards. If you suggest an objective standard is indeed extant, how does you explain sociopathy in relation to an absence of morality?

Moreover, atheists preventing religion has no subsequent result in the manifestation of evil. Firstly, atheism is not a concept that inherently attempts to preclude religion. Atheism entails the absence of a belief in god. Secondly, if religion were to have been prevented, evil would remain because the concept is not contingent, however correlations may be discovered, on the existence of religion or the non existence of religion. This meaning that evil occurred before the establishment of religion and will continue to occur if religion ever ceased to operate.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 5:59:17 AM

OYG..................LMFAO.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 7:09:58 AM

You are forgetting about something called ethics. Morality is on the level of the individual, but ethics is on the society level.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 8:41:27 AM
At 8/5/2014 2:00:10 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Evil is concept that humans have evoked to label acts that are considered to be harmful, detrimental, repugnant, and distasteful in regards to negative outcomes that are produced. An example of an evil act would be pushing an elderly woman, or any any individual of that matter, down a flight of stairs for the purpose of self amusement. Before I continue, allow me to ask you if you concede that my example portrayed an evil act? There is no objective standard to adhere to, so my interpretation of that act relies on my judgement, or my personal experience of what I view as right or wrong, and societies normative standards. If you suggest an objective standard is indeed extant, how does you explain sociopathy in relation to an absence of morality?

Moreover, atheists preventing religion has no subsequent result in the manifestation of evil. Firstly, atheism is not a concept that inherently attempts to preclude religion. Atheism entails the absence of a belief in god. Secondly, if religion were to have been prevented, evil would remain because the concept is not contingent, however correlations may be discovered, on the existence of religion or the non existence of religion. This meaning that evil occurred before the establishment of religion and will continue to occur if religion ever ceased to operate.

Response: Even if I accept your example of what evil is, it is still subjective, which makes your belief evil. For while you may consider it evil, another can consider it not evil. This creates a lack of agreement on peace, atheism evil.

As for religion, even calling it evil by atheists is subjective, thus the same problem of establishing peace is there, since there is no objective authority as to what peace is in atheism.

So the lack of belief in God is evil, since there is no objective authority as to what peace is.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 8:44:15 AM
At 8/5/2014 7:09:58 AM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:

You are forgetting about something called ethics. Morality is on the level of the individual, but ethics is on the society level.

Response" And what is ethical is based on morals. So since morality is subjective, then so is ethics. That makes the disbelief in God evil, since there is no objective standard for good and evil.
Zylorarchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:01:37 AM

This is all well and good until, yet again, a theist (like yourself here) has failed to realise that atheism is not a religion, or set of beliefs, but merely the rejection of the existence in God(s). Nothing more or less than that. Such a simple rejection cannot be held responsible for morality as atheism has no concern for morality.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:12:06 AM

No.

Yes.

That is ridiculous coming from a muslim. Islam countries are always at war, secular countries are not. So as far as evidence goes, atheism can be related to peace, not to war. Islam on the contrary is a religion of war, as stated by the Kuran.

So the guilty one on an murder is the witness that fails to prevent the murder, and not the murderer. I see how your morality works now...
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:13:56 AM
At 8/5/2014 8:44:15 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response" And what is ethical is based on morals. So since morality is subjective, then so is ethics. That makes the disbelief in God evil, since there is no objective standard for good and evil.

Being subjective does not mean being nonsensical. So being subjective is not a problem.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:16:07 AM
At 8/5/2014 9:01:37 AM, Zylorarchy wrote:

This is all well and good until, yet again, a theist (like yourself here) has failed to realise that atheism is not a religion, or set of beliefs, but merely the rejection of the existence in God(s). Nothing more or less than that. Such a simple rejection cannot be held responsible for morality as atheism has no concern for morality.

Response: To the contrary, the fact that atheism is not a religion makes my point. For you have no objective authority or morality or peace, so believing in it does not create peace. Therefore, it is evil.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:18:34 AM
At 8/5/2014 9:12:06 AM, Otokage wrote:

No.

Yes.

That is ridiculous coming from a muslim. Islam countries are always at war, secular countries are not. So as far as evidence goes, atheism can be related to peace, not to war. Islam on the contrary is a religion of war, as stated by the Kuran.

So the guilty one on an murder is the witness that fails to prevent the murder, and not the murderer. I see how your morality works now...

Response: There would be no Islam if atheists did not convert to it and allow it to grow. So if Islam spreads evil, atheists are responsible. Thus atheism is evil.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:20:17 AM
At 8/5/2014 9:13:56 AM, Otokage wrote:

Being subjective does not mean being nonsensical. So being subjective is not a problem.

Response: Yet being subjective creates disagreement. So subjectivity cannot define peace for everyone, making it evil. Thus atheism is evil.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:26:00 AM
At 8/5/2014 8:44:15 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Ethics is subject to change, yes, but it still refutes your "point".
What is and is not ethical will only change when the majority (a clear majority) opinion on if something is moral or not changes.
The standard of good and evil is based on the ethics of a society. Something can be considered evil to one society, but good to the other. No one denies that (except for those that believe in objective morality, for which there is no evidence of).
Now, in the society that I live in (and most that I have seen in the world), atheism is not evil. There are exceptions to this (the Middle East, where pretty much saying no to anything in the Qur'an is considered evil), but if we think of the entire Earth as one society, then atheism is not evil.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:27:32 AM
At 8/5/2014 9:20:17 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/5/2014 9:13:56 AM, Otokage wrote:

Response: Yet being subjective creates disagreement. So subjectivity cannot define peace for everyone, making it evil. Thus atheism is evil.

LOL.........................OYG....................What an idiot.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin