Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Intolerance and Hate

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 10:47:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Today marks the 2 year anniversary of the Sikh Temple shooting in Oak Creek, Wisconsin by a White Supremacist. Six killed and four wounded, including an Oak Creek police officer shot 15 times including twice in the head. Men, women and police officers all paid the ultimate price for intolerance. We should all take a moment to put our faith (or lack there of) aside and take a lesson from the Sikh (pronounced "sick") community during this hard time to include all Americans as our countrymen. They are all "us".

Paramjit Kaur (killed August 5, 2012)
Satwant Singh Kaleka (killed August 5, 2012)
Prakash Singh (killed August 5, 2012)
Sita Singh (killed August 5, 2012)
Ranjit Singh (killed August 5, 2012)
Suveg Singh (killed August 5, 2012)

Lt. Brian Murphy (first on the scene and shot 15 times and survived)

The Sikh community came together and raised over $100K for Lt. Murphy in the aftermath of the shooting to honor his act of bravery.

I participated in the the Run/Walk event this past weekend to help raise money for scholarships, and went to the Candle Vigil this evening to honor those killed and wounded. It was a healing experience to put my personal religious and gun views aside and help a community of fellow Americans deal with tragedy and hate. I employ all here to do the same.
A Black Belt is a white belt who never quit.

The best time to do something was 20 years ago.... the second best to do something is now.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 12:18:44 AM
And I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know."
R13; Mitch Albom, For One More Day
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 11:03:37 AM
I could be wrong here, but it looks like some one is using some one else"s tragedy to make themselves look like some one, others should be like. As if they deserve some type of honor or respect for participating in some Run/Walk and the like.

Such events are not for the dead, they are for the living. People who are telling you what wonderful things they are doing or how wonderful they themselves are by what they are doing, are their own witnesses. You know, totting their own horn. This one just happens to be in a "feel good about me, I am honorable" kind of way.