Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Religious People Need To Mingle

ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 5:50:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I watched this video by DarkMatter2525 and realized something I've seen lately. I notice how some people cling to their beliefs but some of their personal beliefs are trying to enforce others to change and conform to them in an earthly way. I want to know if religious people can be open minded. I see Pentecostals who push friends away from their family and use God as an excuse to get of work. I've seen Christians who criticize muslims in America. I've seen muslims who commit radical attacks against the West in the name of God.

I know there are several contradictory things in religion, but until we can find out if God existed or not, I think we should all at least focus on the universal truth and values. The golden rule is a universal rule found in Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. If we keep trying to force a new world order with our own version of different beliefs unto people, then we are becoming less human and more like the demons some of us believe in. Now then, enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com...
PeacefulChaos
Posts: 2,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 6:45:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/6/2014 5:50:37 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I watched this video by DarkMatter2525 and realized something I've seen lately. I notice how some people cling to their beliefs but some of their personal beliefs are trying to enforce others to change and conform to them in an earthly way. I want to know if religious people can be open minded. I see Pentecostals who push friends away from their family and use God as an excuse to get of work. I've seen Christians who criticize muslims in America. I've seen muslims who commit radical attacks against the West in the name of God.

I know there are several contradictory things in religion, but until we can find out if God existed or not, I think we should all at least focus on the universal truth and values. The golden rule is a universal rule found in Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. If we keep trying to force a new world order with our own version of different beliefs unto people, then we are becoming less human and more like the demons some of us believe in. Now then, enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com...

While I didn't necessarily agree with the video, I do agree that we should attempt to reconcile our beliefs and work together despite such differences. Someone in Iran will tell you 2 + 2 = 4, but you won't understand because the numbers and sounds are different due to a completely different language and alphabet. Yet you are talking of the same thing, are you not?

So we should put aside such barriers and instead work for peace and unity. We can instead point toward history and say "Look at what this religious person did" or "Look at what this atheist did," but that doesn't accomplish anything except fueling negativity and hatred. As you said, we should instead focus on universal truths and values and the people who we are engaging with, not their ancestors.

Thank you for sharing this message.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 10:37:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Are you teaching tolerance of people of other religions or Religious Pluralism?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:50:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/6/2014 5:50:37 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

I want to know if religious people can be open minded.

To some of them no. Sure we can all be closed minded at times, but there is a type of thinking that is closed mindedness at it's highest. And that's to not only believe what you believe but to also believe you can't even POSSIBLY be wrong.

And when that person or group of people think they have God on their side, that they are preaching "Gods" truth............. and any opposition is just "evil" well look out.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mineva
Posts: 336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 7:05:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/6/2014 5:50:37 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I've seen muslims who commit radical attacks against the West in the name of God.

For example ? which attacks ? : )
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 8:08:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 7:05:02 AM, Mineva wrote:
At 8/6/2014 5:50:37 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I've seen muslims who commit radical attacks against the West in the name of God.

For example ? which attacks ? : )

9/11. The kidnapping by Boko Haram was an attack on a school built by westerners. Just look it up.
Mineva
Posts: 336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 8:42:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 8:08:09 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
9/11. The kidnapping by Boko Haram was an attack on a school built by westerners. Just :look it up.

Interesting, so still there are people who believe in these false flags.

Okay thanks : )
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 8:53:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 8:42:36 AM, Mineva wrote:
At 8/7/2014 8:08:09 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
9/11. The kidnapping by Boko Haram was an attack on a school built by westerners. Just :look it up.

Interesting, so still there are people who believe in these false flags.

Okay thanks : )

Of course there are, just as there are muslims who support them and claim responsibility for them.

Ever heard of Osama Bin Laden?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:24:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 8:42:36 AM, Mineva wrote:
At 8/7/2014 8:08:09 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
9/11. The kidnapping by Boko Haram was an attack on a school built by westerners. Just :look it up.

Interesting, so still there are people who believe in these false flags.

Okay thanks : )

What's a false flag?
Mineva
Posts: 336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:31:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 9:24:05 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
What's a false flag?entities

"False flag describes covert military or paramilitary operations designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by , groups or nations other than those who actually planned and executed them. Operations carried out during peace-time by civilian organizations, as well as covert government agencies, may by extension be called false flag operations if they seek to hide the real organization behind an operation. Geraint Hughes uses the term to refer to those acts carried out by "military or security force personnel, which are then blamed on terrorists"."

http://en.wikipedia.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:46:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
False Flags.

At 8/7/2014 8:53:02 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/7/2014 8:42:36 AM, Mineva wrote:
At 8/7/2014 8:08:09 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
9/11. The kidnapping by Boko Haram was an attack on a school built by westerners. Just :look it up.

Interesting, so still there are people who believe in these false flags.

Okay thanks : )

Of course there are, just as there are muslims who support them and claim responsibility for them.

Ever heard of Osama Bin Laden?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:51:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It"s the nature of the living to try and make the world around themselves in their own image and likeness. Hence groups of friends that agree to nations.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:54:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 9:31:07 AM, Mineva wrote:
At 8/7/2014 9:24:05 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
What's a false flag?entities

"False flag describes covert military or paramilitary operations designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by , groups or nations other than those who actually planned and executed them. Operations carried out during peace-time by civilian organizations, as well as covert government agencies, may by extension be called false flag operations if they seek to hide the real organization behind an operation. Geraint Hughes uses the term to refer to those acts carried out by "military or security force personnel, which are then blamed on terrorists"."

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Exacly attack the victim and blame him. good tactic works on the common civillian, the remaining few are the conspirators troublemakers lol
Never fart near dog
Mineva
Posts: 336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 10:04:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 9:54:19 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Exacly attack the victim and blame him. good tactic works on the common civillian, the :remaining few are the conspirators troublemakers lol

These false flag operations was also used in Chechen-Russ wars to blame Chechens.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 10:21:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 10:04:16 AM, Mineva wrote:
At 8/7/2014 9:54:19 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Exacly attack the victim and blame him. good tactic works on the common civillian, the :remaining few are the conspirators troublemakers lol

These false flag operations was also used in Chechen-Russ wars to blame Chechens.

Funny thing is all the wars including Chechenia war are occuring on muslim lands invaded by western nations and they brainwashed everybody to blame the muslims for that, they are afraid of the "muslim ghost" who trying to conquer the west and to kill everybody, stupid people cant realize all the suffering and slaughters are actually occurring to the muslims around the world, brainwashed by the media brainless people, just watched a lecture about how they use repeating stuff in the media like 9/11 to invoke stress among the population so they can sell some pills and yeah they making millions upon millions of dollars, i think the illuminati thing is the same they playing tricks with psychology upon the peoples.. every thing has a purpose... but dont worry - They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah. 8:30 :)
Never fart near dog
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 10:12:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/6/2014 5:50:37 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I watched this video by DarkMatter2525 and realized something I've seen lately. I notice how some people cling to their beliefs but some of their personal beliefs are trying to enforce others to change and conform to them in an earthly way. I want to know if religious people can be open minded. I see Pentecostals who push friends away from their family and use God as an excuse to get of work. I've seen Christians who criticize muslims in America. I've seen muslims who commit radical attacks against the West in the name of God.

I know there are several contradictory things in religion, but until we can find out if God existed or not, I think we should all at least focus on the universal truth and values. The golden rule is a universal rule found in Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. If we keep trying to force a new world order with our own version of different beliefs unto people, then we are becoming less human and more like the demons some of us believe in. Now then, enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com...

All God's people will know God after this world is destroyed.

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."