Jump to topic:

Hearing from God

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 7:26:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
most of the time, we often think you were supposed to hear from God outside of yourself but God speaks from within because his Spirit dwells in you. The Bible says God spoke to Abraham and Noah, so what did he sound like? How did he know it was him? The text doesn't say, but God's voice is focused on a relationship and through his son, not a formula. Me and God have a close relationship built on trust and truth.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 10:26:58 PM
It's usually because somebody's calling them. We have these things on our heads called "ears" that actually hear voices.

And let's note, ladies and gents, that ALL of Western Civilization has been built around theologies made by people who hear voices of God. So next time you atheists try that stunt think again about where all your social values originated, ones still controlling your life, as you pay taxes to support Zionist 5th Columnists using ancient voice of God scriptures to propel Americans into wars with other voice of God believers.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 10:55:06 PM
At 8/6/2014 10:26:58 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
It's usually because somebody's calling them. We have these things on our heads called "ears" that actually hear voices.

And let's note, ladies and gents, that ALL of Western Civilization has been built around theologies made by people who hear voices of God. So next time you atheists try that stunt think again about where all your social values originated, ones still controlling your life, as you pay taxes to support Zionist 5th Columnists using ancient voice of God scriptures to propel Americans into wars with other voice of God believers.

Are you married my son?
Never fart near dog
Cryo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:09:38 PM
One thing I like asking Christians who claim God speaks to them is, "How do you know it's God?"

They'll quote some verses and use the circular logic and non-sequiturs typical of Christian apologetics, but they can't actually answer the question.

I mean, you have no frame of reference for what a God speaking to you would be like, you're only choosing to believe that it is the God you believe in. For all you know, it could be Satan, right? I mean, he is the Great Deceiver, isn't he?

And then there's the explainable solution: mental illness.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:58:59 PM
At 8/6/2014 7:26:58 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
most of the time, we often think you were supposed to hear from God outside of yourself but God speaks from within because his Spirit dwells in you. The Bible says God spoke to Abraham and Noah, so what did he sound like? How did he know it was him? The text doesn't say, but God's voice is focused on a relationship and through his son, not a formula. Me and God have a close relationship built on trust and truth.

I heard God's voice every time He came into my mind and gave me commands to obey. After obeying all His commands and finally forcing me to confess and repent of all my sins, I was born into His spirit and began writing and speaking for Him like all His other saints and prophets did.

My relationship with God is that I'm His voice.