Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

sovereigngracereigns should debate me....

popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:33:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
on the resolution that "atheists are worse than the devil". Who agrees with this idea? Yay or nay?

Discuss.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 11:52:29 AM
At 8/7/2014 9:33:42 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
on the resolution that "atheists are worse than the devil". Who agrees with this idea? Yay or nay?

Discuss.

Nay.

What a colossal waste of my precious time that would be.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.
KafkaF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:11:59 PM

Discuss.

Don't waste your time with this guy - he's just another 'preacher' with an overinflated ego, a person who just wants to spout nonsense and then not have absolutely anybody oppose what he says.

He said he doesn't want to debate anyway, since he knows he'd get owned by practically anybody here.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:32:56 PM
At 8/7/2014 11:52:29 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Why would it be a waste of your precious time?
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:33:20 PM

Discuss.

I would say "Yay!" if it would actually make a difference, but he is too stupid to even get anything out of it, even if he did debate you.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:34:34 PM
At 8/7/2014 1:11:59 PM, KafkaF wrote:

Discuss.

Don't waste your time with this guy - he's just another 'preacher' with an overinflated ego, a person who just wants to spout nonsense and then not have absolutely anybody oppose what he says.

He said he doesn't want to debate anyway, since he knows he'd get owned by practically anybody here.

I'm getting that feeling, but it was worth a shot.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:36:17 PM

Discuss.

YAY!!

I have to agree with the last poster's general thought. Sovereigngracereigns is here to preach and the more disengaged the audiences brains are, the better. He is a hater not a fighter, and he is not up to your challenge, unfortunately.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:38:57 PM
Yay.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 1:50:17 PM
At 8/7/2014 1:36:17 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Discuss.

YAY!!

I have to agree with the last poster's general thought. Sovereigngracereigns is here to preach and the more disengaged the audiences brains are, the better. He is a hater not a fighter, and he is not up to your challenge, unfortunately.

I don't get it. If he's here to preach, than it would not be a more effective way to reach the reprobate masses if he was able to refute the naysayers?

But, alas.... (;_;)
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 2:46:39 PM
At 8/7/2014 1:32:56 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Because there's nothing to debate.

The Word of God is not up for debate.

You'll either belive it or not. And if not, then you're going to Hell.

That's all there is to it.

Listen:

16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."
(John 3:16-21)

What is there to DEBATE about that?

It's either true or it's not.

And unless your faith is in Christ, you're going to Hell.

End of story.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 3:07:15 PM
At 8/7/2014 2:46:39 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Of course there is. We would be debating how wrong headed you are in this respect.

Even supposing that is the case, it doesn't follow that your interpretation of the Word of God isn't up for debate. You have considered the possibility that your interpretation is incorrect...right? That you create no distance between the Word of God and your own interpretation is height of hubris. What happened to "seeing through a glass darkly"?

Again, your logic is lacking. Even supposing that if you don't believe the Word of God you will be going to hell (which itself comes with a host of problems associated with sort of cognitive exclusivism), it doesn't follow that the atheist is worse than the devil. Apparently, the devil is also hellbound. So it can't be the mere fact that the atheist is hellbound that makes the atheist worse than the devil. Maybe you want to point to the fact that the atheist disbelieves in God's existence, and the devil does not and that fact makes the atheist worse...but then you are stumbling through a thicket of epistemological issues centering on "belief" that you seem not prepared to countenace. ;)

Listen:

16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."

I probably know scriptures just as well as you, so I don't know why you posted that. It doesn't prove your point.

But of course, this ignores a position like inclusivism....

End of story.

Nope. Want to debate me on whether that's the end of the story or not? :D
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 3:19:55 PM
At 8/7/2014 3:07:15 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Of course there is. We would be debating how wrong headed you are in this respect.

Even supposing that is the case, it doesn't follow that your interpretation of the Word of God isn't up for debate. You have considered the possibility that your interpretation is incorrect...right? That you create no distance between the Word of God and your own interpretation is height of hubris. What happened to "seeing through a glass darkly"?

Again, your logic is lacking. Even supposing that if you don't believe the Word of God you will be going to hell (which itself comes with a host of problems associated with sort of cognitive exclusivism), it doesn't follow that the atheist is worse than the devil. Apparently, the devil is also hellbound. So it can't be the mere fact that the atheist is hellbound that makes the atheist worse than the devil. Maybe you want to point to the fact that the atheist disbelieves in God's existence, and the devil does not and that fact makes the atheist worse...but then you are stumbling through a thicket of epistemological issues centering on "belief" that you seem not prepared to countenace. ;)

Listen:

I probably know scriptures just as well as you, so I don't know why you posted that. It doesn't prove your point.

End of story.

Does it sound like I have even the slightest bit of interest in debating you, Popculturepooka?

Are you mentally handicapped, or just not reading my posts?

I have no interest in debating you at all.

Now, you probably think THAT is up for debate as well, and I'm not going to PROVE it to you.

You'll just have to take my word for it, I don't want to debate you.

It would be a colossal waste of my time.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 3:24:05 PM
At 8/7/2014 3:19:55 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
Does it sound like I have even the slightest bit of interest in debating you, Popculturepooka?

Now, you probably think THAT is up for debate as well, and I'm not going to PROVE it to you.

kfc
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
KafkaF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 3:25:10 PM

He was joking.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 3:30:54 PM

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Listen:

End of story.

lol. I guess you can go back to trolling now, trolly mctrollerson.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 3:40:10 PM
At 8/7/2014 3:30:54 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Listen:

End of story.

You can too, Popgoestheweasel.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:23:04 PM

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Listen:

End of story.

*he says while on a debate website*

Do you know where you are? Do you know the year?
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:36:24 PM
At 8/7/2014 6:23:04 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Listen:

End of story.

*he says while on a debate website*

Do you know where you are? Do you know the year?

lol, right?

"I want to go on a debating website but not to debate."
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 10:15:04 PM

Discuss.

Yea.

You are, after all, generally speaking probably the most competent theist on this site--at least in terms of discussing religion itself. (Which is not a dig, it's a specific compliment).
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 10:19:33 PM

Discuss.

I've met many atheists who have much less fear than Christians do. Fear is not something that we saints possess when we begin speaking for our Creator.
Badi-Nontheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 10:21:07 PM
I lack fear when speaking of Baha'u'llah to the extent that I declare I am atheist. There is certainly proof that Baha'u'llah existed.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 1:17:05 AM
At 8/7/2014 3:40:10 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Listen:

End of story.

Is there anything that you are willing to debate ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 1:42:51 AM
At 8/8/2014 1:17:05 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Listen:

End of story.

Not really.

I consider it a waste of time, given how illogical people are.
And given how dishonest and disingenuous they get in debates.

I've had plenty of experience. Trust me.
There is nothing to be gained from debates.

Besides, I've got too many other things to do that are more important.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 2:14:47 AM
At 8/8/2014 1:42:51 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/8/2014 1:17:05 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Discuss.

Nay.

The answer is NO.

End of discussion.

Listen:

End of story.

Not really.

I consider it a waste of time, given how illogical people are.
And given how dishonest and disingenuous they get in debates.

See what I hear is, I don't want my beliefs put under scrutiny.

I've had plenty of experience. Trust me.

I don't trust you about anything.

There is nothing to be gained from debates.

Well I think there is.

Besides, I've got too many other things to do that are more important.

If you have enough time to start making claims on Gods behalf including the threat of hell fire for lack of compliance to your fellow human beings I think you got the time to put your beliefs and justification there off under scrutiny.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 2:23:13 AM

you cat like hells a bad thing, it will actually be pretty nice
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 3:12:30 AM

Discuss.

Impossible. He sets his own criteria, but even then, atheists are not worse than the devil - or even close.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 3:14:26 AM

Discuss.

I think he should debate bulproof. The topic doesn't matter.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
mrsatan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 4:26:26 AM

Discuss.

Assuming you want the Con position, since sovereign is clearly not going to debate you, I'd be willing to take the Pro position.
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 12:52:52 PM
At 8/7/2014 10:15:04 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
You are, after all, generally speaking probably the most competent theist on this site--at least in terms of discussing religion itself. (Which is not a dig, it's a specific compliment).

Thanks.

At 8/8/2014 4:26:26 AM, mrsatan wrote:

Discuss.

Assuming you want the Con position, since sovereign is clearly not going to debate you, I'd be willing to take the Pro position.

Ok.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!