Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Nationalities and God

CountCheechula
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 4:43:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If most scientists believe different races formed from evolution and different climates that the people were living in, how did it happen so quickly?
I know some people can tell distinct differences between Ethiopians and Sedans. Also Vietnamese and Malaysians. How could evolution act so quickly to create major differences in Italians and French but if you look only a few hundred years they were all basically the same with barbaric/roman roots?
Also to fellow Christians, do you believe God or Satan created different nationalities to just cause hate, and wars?
To atheists please explain how evolution acted so quickly.
Every man shall kneel and every tongue will confess.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:07:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There are actually several factors that explain the development of nationalities quite easily.

For one, evolution is occurring on a smaller scale in the instances you describe. The difference between the last common ancestors of primates and a man is much different than the difference between a Chinese person and a person from Spain. The two different people have almost everything in common, with only minor differences like skin color, facial structure, and height.

Second, the "barbarians" had various different roots, as they were different tribes. There were the Germanic peoples, with many different tribes and roots; there were the Slavs as well. The extreme isolation of the Middle Ages made it easy for different groups of people to develop.

Third, and most importantly, we know with certainty they could evolve into these different groups because it happened well into the time of written history. Take the French and Italians, for example. We KNOW they can't have been the source of creation because we have scores of writings from times before them.

Inb4 a fundamentalist argument: there is no way to prove that the earth didn't just poof into existence with people halfway through lives, and cultures already developed. It's impossible to argue for or against that. I think you're incorrect if you believe that, but I can prove my stance no more than you can prove yours, and no more than I can prove there is not a teapot floating around in the asteroid belt as we speak.

Also, I'd like to mention that many theists do believe in evolution (eg the Catholic Church), just that God created that evolution. It's not as black and white as theist vs. atheist.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:18:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You are exaggerating the differences in ethnic groups around the world. These differences are extremely small objectively. It's not strictly correct to say that there are different races of humans. We magnify these differences because we are highly tuned towards recognizing members of our own family, clan, tribe etc..

The fact that we can inter-breed means that we remain one species. If anything, we have far more uniformity in our genome than other species.

To a lion, an Ethiopan or a Sudanese human still just looks like a tasty two-legged meal.
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:25:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 4:43:18 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
If most scientists believe different races formed from evolution and different climates that the people were living in, how did it happen so quickly?
I know some people can tell distinct differences between Ethiopians and Sedans. Also Vietnamese and Malaysians. How could evolution act so quickly to create major differences in Italians and French but if you look only a few hundred years they were all basically the same with barbaric/roman roots?
Also to fellow Christians, do you believe God or Satan created different nationalities to just cause hate, and wars?
To atheists please explain how evolution acted so quickly.

We're talking tens of millions of years.

Of any arguments against evolutionary theory, this is not one, with all due respect. I think macro-scale differentiation and development of complex structures like the eye (which can still be explained fine by evolution) are the more pressing things.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 10:27:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've worked for and been involved with one tribe here in California for almost 20 years now and in this time frame I've seen this tribe intermarry with enough white people to make a noticeable difference in 20 years in general skin color of members of the tribe. The oldest ones are very dark skinned and the youngest ones can easily look just like caucasians because they mostly are, the parents becoming more "Americans" each generation, i.e, taking on the characteristics of European culture and peoples.
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 4:47:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 9:18:19 PM, dee-em wrote:
You are exaggerating the differences in ethnic groups around the world. These differences are extremely small objectively. It's not strictly correct to say that there are different races of humans.

This is all wrong. Race is used in many fields of science for skull classification,etc. There are genetic differences between races which are very objective, scientifically speaking.
dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:09:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 4:47:04 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 8/7/2014 9:18:19 PM, dee-em wrote:
You are exaggerating the differences in ethnic groups around the world. These differences are extremely small objectively. It's not strictly correct to say that there are different races of humans.

This is all wrong. Race is used in many fields of science for skull classification,etc. There are genetic differences between races which are very objective, scientifically speaking.

Read the introduction:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:28:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/7/2014 4:43:18 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
If most scientists believe different races formed from evolution and different climates that the people were living in, how did it happen so quickly?
I know some people can tell distinct differences between Ethiopians and Sedans. Also Vietnamese and Malaysians. How could evolution act so quickly to create major differences in Italians and French but if you look only a few hundred years they were all basically the same with barbaric/roman roots?
Also to fellow Christians, do you believe God or Satan created different nationalities to just cause hate, and wars?
To atheists please explain how evolution acted so quickly.
When one facepalm is just not enough.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:46:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 6:09:23 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/8/2014 4:47:04 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 8/7/2014 9:18:19 PM, dee-em wrote:
You are exaggerating the differences in ethnic groups around the world. These differences are extremely small objectively. It's not strictly correct to say that there are different races of humans.

This is all wrong. Race is used in many fields of science for skull classification,etc. There are genetic differences between races which are very objective, scientifically speaking.

Read the introduction:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Do ya got anything better than a web-site that anyone can add anything to?
dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:51:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/8/2014 7:46:00 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 8/8/2014 6:09:23 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/8/2014 4:47:04 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 8/7/2014 9:18:19 PM, dee-em wrote:
You are exaggerating the differences in ethnic groups around the world. These differences are extremely small objectively. It's not strictly correct to say that there are different races of humans.

This is all wrong. Race is used in many fields of science for skull classification,etc. There are genetic differences between races which are very objective, scientifically speaking.

Read the introduction:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Do ya got anything better than a web-site that anyone can add anything to?

What an original response!
Take it or leave it. I don't care.
CountCheechula
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:20:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So why would God make different nationalities just to create racism and several wars?
Every man shall kneel and every tongue will confess.