Jump to topic:

Everyone is a hypocrite not just Christians

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 5:53:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm going to admit it:im a hypocrite and so is everyone else, why? Because we can't live up to what we preach. Just cuz im Christian, doesn't mean I'm innocent, I did alot of garbage. If you had a bad experience with Christians as a non believer, it's cuz you were mistaken on what a Christian is. Just cuz we represent the same thing, don't mean we cool. Just cuz I shake the pastor hand, don't mean i trust him. I see lots of hypocrisy in the church and divisions and self-righteousness which led me to sever friendships. We are just like the
Non believer, except we are forgiven.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 5:54:53 PM
At 8/7/2014 5:53:50 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I'm going to admit it:im a hypocrite and so is everyone else, why? Because we can't live up to what we preach. Just cuz im Christian, doesn't mean I'm innocent, I did alot of garbage. If you had a bad experience with Christians as a non believer, it's cuz you were mistaken on what a Christian is. Just cuz we represent the same thing, don't mean we cool. Just cuz I shake the pastor hand, don't mean i trust him. I see lots of hypocrisy in the church and divisions and self-righteousness which led me to sever friendships. We are just like the

Sin as much as you want and ask for forgiveness?

seems legit
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:05:47 PM
At 8/7/2014 5:54:53 PM, Mikal wrote:

seems legit

Not the point, yes we are called to change, but it doesn't mean that we are going to be perfect. We're going to get into fights, do bad things, etc.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:10:10 PM
At 8/7/2014 6:05:47 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

seems legit

Not the point, yes we are called to change, but it doesn't mean that we are going to be perfect. We're going to get into fights, do bad things, etc.

Still Christ forgives you of all your sins, so you could murder someone and then repent according to your statement.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:11:59 PM

So if I had a bad experience with Christians, it's not their fault, it's my fault for not understanding what a Christian is?

Also doing bad things doesn't make you a hypocrite, it just means that you let impulse/desire take over instead of what your moral compass tells you. Some people actually are hypocrites- for instance, Catholic priests who say that homosexuals will go to hell and that contraception is murder etc. but sexually abuse boys.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:14:41 PM
At 8/7/2014 6:10:10 PM, Mikal wrote:

seems legit

Still Christ forgives you of all your sins, so you could murder someone and then repent according to your statement.

Yes, he will, but Jude warns us of abusing grace.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:15:56 PM
At 8/7/2014 6:14:41 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

seems legit

But you can abuse grace and do whatever you want and still be saved right
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:16:31 PM
At 8/7/2014 6:11:59 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

So if I had a bad experience with Christians, it's not their fault, it's my fault for not understanding what a Christian is?

Also doing bad things doesn't make you a hypocrite, it just means that you let impulse/desire take over instead of what your moral compass tells you. Some people actually are hypocrites- for instance, Catholic priests who say that homosexuals will go to hell and that contraception is murder etc. but sexually abuse boys.

it's not just you, it's also me and other people as well.I know Christians who are exactly like Catholic priests,so yeah we break our own code in a sense
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:18:00 PM
At 8/7/2014 6:15:56 PM, Mikal wrote:

seems legit

no you can't, cuz salvation comes through repentance or turning away from sin.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:22:14 PM
At 8/7/2014 6:18:00 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

seems legit

but you just said you could turn away from sin and still sin.

this is what you said

(p1) Salvation comes from turning away from sin
(p2) If you are saved you can Sin and god will forgive you
(c) You can turn away from sin and still sin and be saved

That is a failure in logic, it would have to be layed out like this

(p2) Being in sin means you did not turn away from it
(c) you never were saved
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:31:04 PM
At 8/7/2014 6:22:14 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 8/7/2014 6:18:00 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

seems legit

but you just said you could turn away from sin and still sin.

this is what you said

(p2) If you are saved you can Sin and god will forgive you
(c) You can turn away from sin and still sin and be saved

That is a failure in logic, it would have to be layed out like this

(p2) Being in sin means you did not turn away from it
(c) you never were saved

repentance is different from habitual sin. Christians don't dwell in sin, but they still sin as human beings
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:37:55 PM

God had me involved in Christianity from 1985 to 1993 to see all the hypocrisy going on before He stopped me from participating in it. I loved being a Christian and going to church to hear the music so I was pretty angry with God when He forced me out by humiliating me five different times. I also knew that my flesh could not obey God but thankfully I became a spirit 15 years later after He finally got my flesh obedient enough for Him to take over and use it for His testimonies to learn who we are in Him. My flesh will be killed next January but my spirit ( the voice of the Lord ) will continue on forever, like ALL His people in His spirit will.

Here's a promise to ALL God's people ( house of Israel and house of Judah ) after this world is destroyed;

note: ( the house of Israel means the flesh of man and the house of Judah means the spirit of man. )

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Not one flesh was in total obedience to God's laws during this first age, not even the flesh of His saints and prophets. Only the spirit of man and His servant will go on to the next age and get new flesh to experience the new Heaven and Earth.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.

17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.