Jump to topic:

Rebellious?

DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:59:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If it seems well to resist the wicked, or let us say justified to rebel against the unrighteous, then is it justified to rebel against righteousness even if it is represented by the corrupt? For example, did Jesus rebel?
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:48:00 PM
At 8/8/2014 9:59:55 AM, DPMartin wrote:
If it seems well to resist the wicked, or let us say justified to rebel against the unrighteous, then is it justified to rebel against righteousness even if it is represented by the corrupt? For example, did Jesus rebel?

It kind of saddens me that good, philosophical posts like this are ignored, and the topics that get the most traffic and discussion are piles of BS like the "atheists are worse than the devil" thread.

Keep making legit posts, maybe one day this forum won't be a corrupted pile of crap.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:58:11 PM
At 8/8/2014 9:48:00 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

It kind of saddens me that good, philosophical posts like this are ignored, and the topics that get the most traffic and discussion are piles of BS like the "atheists are worse than the devil" thread.

Keep making legit posts, maybe one day this forum won't be a corrupted pile of crap.

Actually, no offense to DPMartin, but his post didn't make an ounce of sense.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:03:36 PM
At 8/8/2014 9:58:11 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Actually, no offense to DPMartin, but his post didn't make an ounce of sense.

Says the man himself.
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:29:54 PM

And this post just contributed SO much to the quality of the forum...
ROFL
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 10:28:15 AM

I live out in the Sonora desert where the ground is like digging through asphalt. And when it does rain here the water runs off like its running off a roof. The same with some forums like this, the hearts are so hardened that when something from above comes it never sinks in, hence a foul ground that yields nothing but thorns and hostile life forms full of poisons that kill and wound any thing that gets near or touches them.

It takes good ground to get good results.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:22:42 AM
At 8/8/2014 11:29:54 PM, irreverent_god wrote:

ROFL

LOL funny right? ROFL
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:28:54 AM
At 8/9/2014 10:28:15 AM, DPMartin wrote:

I live out in the Sonora desert where the ground is like digging through asphalt.

Ca, Mexico, or Az?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 11:57:33 AM
At 8/9/2014 11:28:54 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I live out in the Sonora desert where the ground is like digging through asphalt.

Ca, Mexico, or Az?

Az.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 12:10:11 PM

I live out in the Sonora desert where the ground is like digging through asphalt. And when it does rain here the water runs off like its running off a roof. The same with some forums like this, the hearts are so hardened that when something from above comes it never sinks in, hence a foul ground that yields nothing but thorns and hostile life forms full of poisons that kill and wound any thing that gets near or touches them.

The hearts of all men are hard as a rock, from birth.

It's only through regeneration of the Holy Spirit, through the New Birth, that the heart of a sinner is made "good ground."

God himself must prepare the heart to receive his Word.

"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us."
(2 Corinthians 4:6-7)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 12:26:54 PM
At 8/9/2014 12:10:11 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Then it's not exactly man's fault if he rejects the word. He was just "born that way".

It's only through regeneration of the Holy Spirit, through the New Birth, that the heart of a sinner is made "good ground."

We know. We know. The word of God is powerless to effect change.

"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us."
(2 Corinthians 4:6-7)

Have you explained yet why, if two atheists are instructed in religion - one in Islam, the other in Christianity - the one who accepts Islam does not require a miraculous intervention?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 12:54:29 PM
At 8/9/2014 11:57:33 AM, DPMartin wrote:

Ca, Mexico, or Az?

Az.

Hi, neighbor!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:29:31 PM
At 8/9/2014 12:54:29 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/9/2014 11:57:33 AM, DPMartin wrote:

Ca, Mexico, or Az?

Az.

Hi, neighbor!

Well stay cool buddy, its libel to hover near a hundred and death out side, for at least 45 more days, that"s not to mention the visits from the monsoonal humidity.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:55:10 PM
At 8/9/2014 12:10:11 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

That maybe so, when the subject calls for it, but what I had in mind was more towards the Lord's parable of the seed being placed on such and such value of ground. And in the context of that view the Lord expressed, it would seem that the ground is what it is, and the Lord chooses it accordingly. Even by virtue of what ground a particular seed would grow. Also there is the concept of plowing it under to renew its potential.

But the bottom line is that mankind, (for the lack of a better description), is the place for what is of God to be in the physical world, and yes the Creator and Judge would be discontent to not have what is His. No different than the ground is for planting or receiving seed that is to bring its fruit. If the ground doesn"t yield to the seed then the ground is of no value. The seed doesn"t yield to the ground, it"s the instructions of the life of what it is . It"s the ground that must yield to the instruction that be the seed, that the presence of life might be therein and fulfilled to bring its fruit to bear.
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 6:39:45 PM
At 8/9/2014 11:22:42 AM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 8/8/2014 11:29:54 PM, irreverent_god wrote:

ROFL

LOL funny right? ROFL

I enjoyed it. The original post merited something like this.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:19:50 PM

You sleep with the wicked every night and wake up with him every morning.

It's the wicked flesh that perishes during this age, not the righteous spirit of a man.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:54:07 PM
At 8/9/2014 8:19:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:

It's the wicked flesh that perishes during this age, not the righteous spirit of a man.

Do you mean to tell us that this flesh that we are in will perish? Wow! But the spirit will not. By the way, are all spirits of men righteous. If so, please cite the passage.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:00:41 PM
At 8/9/2014 8:54:07 PM, annanicole wrote:

Do you mean to tell us that this flesh that we are in will perish? Wow! But the spirit will not. By the way, are all spirits of men righteous. If so, please cite the passage.

All flesh will perish during this age and any flesh that's walking around on this earth on the day of the Lord will perish together in less than an hour.

All men in God's spirit ( Christ ) will remain in Him once this world's illusions ( flesh and other visible objects ) are destroyed on the day of the Lord. Hot molten lava will burn up all the illusions and leave this earth barren until the new Heaven and Earth begins.

Read Psalms from a spiritual perspective. This means that everything that is about the wicked is the flesh that dies in this world. Everything about the righteous is us in the spirit of God. Psalms is an awesome way to learn what God has in store for His people for eternity.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:24:31 PM
At 8/9/2014 9:00:41 PM, bornofgod wrote:

All flesh will perish during this age and any flesh that's walking around on this earth on the day of the Lord will perish together in less than an hour.

All men in God's spirit ( Christ ) will remain in Him once this world's illusions ( flesh and other visible objects ) are destroyed on the day of the Lord. Hot molten lava will burn up all the illusions and leave this earth barren until the new Heaven and Earth begins.

Read Psalms from a spiritual perspective. This means that everything that is about the wicked is the flesh that dies in this world. Everything about the righteous is us in the spirit of God. Psalms is an awesome way to learn what God has in store for His people for eternity.

Thanks for citing the passage.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:28:10 PM
At 8/9/2014 9:24:31 PM, annanicole wrote:

There's hundreds of passages in Psalms, Anna. Are you too lazy to read them?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:28:51 PM
At 8/9/2014 9:28:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Cite one.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:46:21 PM
At 8/9/2014 9:28:51 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/9/2014 9:28:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Cite one.

Psalms 1
4: The wicked are not so, but are like chaff which the wind drives away,
5: Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
6: For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

The flesh is the wicked part of man that goes back to the dust of the earth. The spirit is the righteous part of God known as His breath.

Job 33
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5: Answer me, if you can; set your words in order before me; take your stand.
6: Behold, I am toward God as you are; I too was formed from a piece of clay.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, ( the flesh )and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life ( the spirit ); and man became a living being. ( both flesh and spirit ).
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 10:29:06 AM

The flesh is not the enemy, it"s the spirit of a man that follows after fulfillment of what in his heart in the flesh. Prison isn"t the evil, it"s the place for the criminal to reside. The flesh is given for a place to be, but the place has become more important then the One who has given it. Therefore God didn"t give you evil to be in, it is the man that is given charge of his flesh that does evil with it. Don"t blame something that can"t do anything unless you make it do it, or you entertain mentally to do it.

If you consider yourself born of God then you should know, it is the Spirit of God that is Present with a man that is righteous. Not the man. Faith is accounted to the man FOR righteousness, that the man maybe acceptable in the Presence of God that is Righteous, that the Presence of God maybe with the man.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 10:34:31 PM
At 8/10/2014 10:29:06 AM, DPMartin wrote:

The flesh is not the enemy, it"s the spirit of a man that follows after fulfillment of what in his heart in the flesh. Prison isn"t the evil, it"s the place for the criminal to reside. The flesh is given for a place to be, but the place has become more important then the One who has given it. Therefore God didn"t give you evil to be in, it is the man that is given charge of his flesh that does evil with it. Don"t blame something that can"t do anything unless you make it do it, or you entertain mentally to do it.

If you consider yourself born of God then you should know, it is the Spirit of God that is Present with a man that is righteous. Not the man. Faith is accounted to the man FOR righteousness, that the man maybe acceptable in the Presence of God that is Righteous, that the Presence of God maybe with the man.

It's too bad your flesh has deceived you from the Truth of who we are in God.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 9:02:56 AM
At 8/10/2014 10:34:31 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Don"t be an idiot, even Paul states the flesh isn"t the enemy. The flesh is made of the ground, how is a combination of earth and water and air intrinsically evil? It"s the spirit of a man that is wicked, and seeks to do wickedness, not the body that the spirit dwells in. How did the Lord say it after the flood of Noah; "the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth". Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, we know the earth isn"t intrinsically evil, nor wicked.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 10:22:29 AM
At 8/11/2014 9:02:56 AM, DPMartin wrote:

Don"t be an idiot, even Paul states the flesh isn"t the enemy. The flesh is made of the ground, how is a combination of earth and water and air intrinsically evil? It"s the spirit of a man that is wicked, and seeks to do wickedness, not the body that the spirit dwells in. How did the Lord say it after the flood of Noah; "the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth". Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, we know the earth isn"t intrinsically evil, nor wicked.

If I was an idiot, I wouldn't be a witness to the invisible Word of God, which is my created existence.

Idiots are those who believe what they observe in this world ( tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) is their reality.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 10:49:51 AM
At 8/11/2014 10:22:29 AM, bornofgod wrote:

If I was an idiot, I wouldn't be a witness to the invisible Word of God, which is my created existence.

Idiots are those who believe what they observe in this world ( tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) is their reality.

If one talks like one, then how should others see it? Otherwise, maybe one should show some reasoning for their stance. I do believe this is a forum for discussion on such things. Where is the view of one who eats of the Tree of Life? The only witnessing you have done is of your opinion that the flesh is evil.

Where is it that the flesh is evil in the Word of God, or even the scriptures? If you are looking to "lust", it is the heart that lusts for the satisfaction of fulfillment in the flesh, not the flesh. The flesh functions but it is the spirit of a man that decides where and how and what. Flesh for flesh and spirit for spirit, but a spirit given to fulfillment of the flesh, isn"t the flesh"s fault.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 8:07:03 PM

The Pharisees only had a veneer of righteousness. They were "like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men"s bones and all uncleanness." Matt 23:27

They had already rebelled against Jesus, who is God.
"Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"
Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.""
John 8

and

"And He began to tell the people this parable: "A man planted a vineyard and rented it out to vine-growers, and went on a journey for a long time. At the harvest time he sent a slave to the vine-growers, so that they would give him some of the produce of the vineyard; but the vine-growers beat him and sent him away empty-handed. And he proceeded to send another slave; and they beat him also and treated him shamefully and sent him away empty-handed. And he proceeded to send a third; and this one also they wounded and cast out. The owner of the vineyard said, "What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him." But when the vine-growers saw him, they reasoned with one another, saying, "This is the heir; let us kill him so that the inheritance will be ours." So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. What, then, will the owner of the vineyard do to them? He will come and destroy these vine-growers and will give the vineyard to others." When they heard it, they said, "May it never be!" But Jesus looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written:
"The stone which the builders rejected,
This became the chief corner stone"?
Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust."
The scribes and the chief priests tried to lay hands on Him that very hour, and they feared the people; for they understood that He spoke this parable against them.
Luke 20

Saying that Jesus was a rebel is like saying the owner was rebelling against his tenants by holding them to the agreement of the lease.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make, or just presenting a point someone else made to see what people made of it, but that's how I see it.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 8:22:07 PM
At 8/11/2014 10:49:51 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 8/11/2014 10:22:29 AM, bornofgod wrote:

If one talks like one, then how should others see it? Otherwise, maybe one should show some reasoning for their stance. I do believe this is a forum for discussion on such things. Where is the view of one who eats of the Tree of Life? The only witnessing you have done is of your opinion that the flesh is evil.

Where is it that the flesh is evil in the Word of God, or even the scriptures? If you are looking to "lust", it is the heart that lusts for the satisfaction of fulfillment in the flesh, not the flesh. The flesh functions but it is the spirit of a man that decides where and how and what. Flesh for flesh and spirit for spirit, but a spirit given to fulfillment of the flesh, isn"t the flesh"s fault.

I have to disagree with all of you, to some degree or another, and here is my Biblical reasoning: We all have a spirit, and we all have bodies (for now). In the first part of Romans, we see that the one who disbelieves God (default humans) has both spirit and body, and commits evil. When we believe Christ, our old selves die, symbolized by baptism:

How shall we who died to sin still live in it? Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin." -Romans 6

Baptism does not remove the body, and neither does salvation. They are the death (and imagery of the death) of the way our spirit was, (old self) and now we only contend with our corrupt flesh, which will be removed when we die physically. Salvation is not universal, and both our flesh and spirit are corrupt to begin with. The one is regenerated before the other. Our flesh is regenerated at the Resurrection.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 9:45:32 AM
At 8/11/2014 8:07:03 PM, Skynet wrote:
I'm not sure what point you were trying to make, or just presenting a point someone else made to see what people made of it, but that's how I see it.

Though you are correct, that wasn"t what the OP is really about isn"t it? No one addressed the question of dealing with wickedness or corruption. And since Jesus isn"t a rebel what did He do if anything when He ran into corruption of world power, and why didn"t He?