Jump to topic:

Flirting, lines, signals, is unbiblical

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 4:28:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
throughout my Christian experience, I've come to learn that flirting, pick up lines, signals, etc. is unscriptural.I kind of used it only because the world was using it, not because the Bible actually says that it should be used. These things are immature and for those who want attraction rather than a real relationship. My position is that the Bible teaches us how a real relationship works rather than Hollywood.

disagree? Let's start a debate then
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 4:36:54 PM
Yea just wait around till some dude sells his daughter to you as a sex slave.

Way to go bozo.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:06:50 PM
At 8/8/2014 4:28:02 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
throughout my Christian experience, I've come to learn that flirting, pick up lines, signals, etc. is unscriptural.I kind of used it only because the world was using it, not because the Bible actually says that it should be used. These things are immature and for those who want attraction rather than a real relationship. My position is that the Bible teaches us how a real relationship works rather than Hollywood.

I am unfamiliar with what the Bible says about this, but flirting and lines (when used in the right way) are not harmful. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by signals. As far as it being a sin, I wouldn't be surprised, since it is very easy to commit a sin according to the Bible.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:08:51 PM

Letting someone know you think they're attractive/you want to go out with them isn't wrong.

Though I agree a lot of flirtation is immature in general.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:19:59 PM
At 8/8/2014 6:08:51 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
throughout my Christian experience, I've come to learn that flirting, pick up lines, signals, etc. is unscriptural.I kind of used it only because the world was using it, not because the Bible actually says that it should be used. These things are immature and for those who want attraction rather than a real relationship. My position is that the Bible teaches us how a real relationship works.rather than Hollywood.

Letting someone know you think they're attractive/you want to go out with them isn't wrong.

Though I agree a lot of flirtation is immature in general.

It's not wrong, but its just not mature. I let people know that I like them straightforward, no guessing games, no signals, nothing. when people flirt, it's like they're having a casual fling. I don't roll that way, I'm serious from the start.I will work hard to get what I want and it's very insulting when people don't take me seriously.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:22:05 PM
At 8/8/2014 6:06:50 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

I am unfamiliar with what the Bible says about this, but flirting and lines (when used in the right way) are not harmful. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by signals. As far as it being a sin, I wouldn't be surprised, since it is very easy to commit a sin according to the Bible.

not saying that it's a sin,it's just something that believers shouldn't take part in
KafkaF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:24:50 PM

If a believer shouldn't do this, how in the world are they supposed to even start a relationship?(Thankfully, I'm not a believer)
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:40:44 PM

Uhh... I started a real relationship like this.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:42:37 PM
At 8/8/2014 6:22:05 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

not saying that it's a sin,it's just something that believers shouldn't take part in

Why not?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:46:43 PM
At 8/8/2014 6:24:50 PM, KafkaF wrote:

If a believer shouldn't do this, how in the world are they supposed to even start a relationship?(Thankfully, I'm not a believer)

there are other ways of doing it
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 6:51:13 PM
At 8/8/2014 6:40:44 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

yeah but how many start like that?yeah but how
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 7:06:44 PM
At 8/8/2014 6:51:13 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Mine, my parent's, and my grand parent's.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:36:44 PM

You can't use the Bible for your Christian standards if you follow Jesus' teaching to know the truth. The Bible has been debunked now for all intellectuals by Israeli archeology as the authors of the Bible stories have been proven to be consummate liars and story-tellers without a shred of honesty in them as they cobbled together pagan religious ideas of ancient civilizations around them and created a whole mythological origin of Hebrews that never happened. Paul's doctrines are all based on Bible belief so they're all wrong and trying to use the Bible as a standard for Christian morality won't work. The Bible's too corrupted with too many man-made doctrines pretending to be Word of God.

I teach Celestial Torah Christianity which isn't Bible bound and actually reports the world's oldest religious tradition, the Messiah/Christ one that can be traced back in human religious iconic history 35,000 years.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:44:06 PM
At 8/8/2014 7:06:44 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
throughout my Christian experience, I've come to learn that flirting, pick up lines, signals, etc. is unscriptural.I kind of used it only because the world was using it, not because the Bible actually says that it should be used. These things are immature and for those who want attraction rather t han a real relationship. My position is that the Bible teaches us how a real relationship works rather than Hollywood.

Lol y'all are exceptions then
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:58:45 AM
At 8/8/2014 6:46:43 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/8/2014 6:24:50 PM, KafkaF wrote:

there are other ways of doing it

Have you completed your puberty yet?
KafkaF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:08:33 AM
At 8/8/2014 9:44:06 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
throughout my Christian experience, I've come to learn that flirting, pick up lines, signals, etc. is unscriptural.I kind of used it only because the world was using it, not because the Bible actually says that it should be used. These things are immature and for those who want attraction rather t han a real relationship. My position is that the Bible teaches us how a real relationship works rather than Hollywood.

Exceptions?

You do realise that the majority of the people of the civilized world start a relationship this way?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 7:45:30 AM
At 8/9/2014 5:08:33 AM, KafkaF wrote:

Exceptions?

You do realise that the majority of the people of the civilized world start a relationship this way?

Yea and how many of them ended before they had to find the right one?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:16:14 AM
At 8/9/2014 7:45:30 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Exceptions?

Have you ever had a girlfriend/boyfriend?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:22:27 AM
At 8/9/2014 8:16:14 AM, bulproof wrote:

Exceptions?

Some and had girls like me, but they never worked out. I was young and didn't know any better, so i had her as an object on the side of me to flirt and what not. Other girls just flirted with me and it went nowhere. I been led on and i think flirting was one of the problems. If i had been careful with how i approach people, it wouldn't have been as bad.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:25:44 AM
At 8/9/2014 8:22:27 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/9/2014 8:16:14 AM, bulproof wrote:

Exceptions?

Some and had girls like me, but they never worked out. I was young and didn't know any better, so i had her as an object on the side of me to flirt and what not. Other girls just flirted with me and it went nowhere. I been led on and i think flirting was one of the problems. If i had been careful with how i approach people, it wouldn't have been as bad.

I asked you in an earlier post if you have completed puberty. Because you don't seem to have.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 10:45:17 AM

The Bible doesn't teach man how to have intercourse with a woman or how to approach her. If you got this out of the Bible, you were using your imagination and false interpretations.

God gave man an incredible urge to mate and no matter how this is done, it was planned by God. There is no appropriate way to have intercourse with someone. If there was an appropriate way to have intercourse, then God would have had His prophets write about it.

Besides, this website http://www.christianmingle.com...= is a great pick-up place for anyone to find a partner to have sex with.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 10:46:54 AM
At 8/8/2014 6:22:05 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Christians love to play god on this earth with their rules that are contrary to God's laws.